Making £8k a month on the FTSE

Hi Viks

glad to see there is someone else out there getting success. I was beginning to think i was being disbelieved by people. But its all real monday to thursday i made 390 points all catalogued which was a nice £3990 in the bank. If i did 10 and 10 i would most probably get more wins but some of my biggest wins are at stop loss of 15 as it gives the market a bit more room to breath and give bigger movements. It also shows everyone you can double or treble your bank every x amount of days. Well done you get my full support and thank you for a good post. I have been spread betting and trading for a number of years but started developing this system in earnest last summer. i got some great ideas from a fx system i bought many months ago that is currently being pushed hard in the marketplace better not say the name and developed from there.
I cant class myself as a real trader like a lot on here. I have a degree in maths and control systems so manipulation and systems come easy to me. All i have been looking for is something that i can use consistently to tap into any huge pool of money and syphon some off every day. I dont see it as trading.This is a system anyone can be taught as the final signals are simple you dont need to know anything about trading to use my system. all you need is to follow some simple rules after a signal appears and out pops money. So this really is a business doing something and earning money from it. just like your doing. If you notice my trading language is not up to scratch and any seasones pro will see this immediately.

Let me talk about discipline for a moment. The worst thing you can do is have a system then not follow it like a robot. I can imagine people chase the market sometimes, not having the guts to place a trade, then see it win, try the next one without the right analysis and then loose. I am very rigirous in my approach there are occassions where i stop a trade early as i see it going bad but very rarely. With my win ratio it doesnt matter too much if a trade goes wrong because some will. If the loss of money hurts then your trading too much a point.

Reactions: 2be
i'm thinking of opening an account fro my friends to learn, how good is ODL mate and how much money do you have to deposit initially?

are you sure your allowed to open with £30?

I'm not entirely sure but I think you have to deposit a tenner minimum might even be nothing but don't hold me to that. I opened mine with £50 to begin with.

Before you start trading open up a demo account and trade it as if it were real money with another spreadbetting company.

I'm ok with ODL at the moment but to be honest I haven't used others so can't really compare it to anything. The people at ODL are friendly, if you want info check the website or call them up. Ask for Mike he helped me out.

Good luck with it mate.

I used to do that alot, chasing the market after a loss,,, man it dug a bigger whole, so ive nearly stopped trying to do that now, but do get the urge sometimes but try n fight it off :p

Hi Viks

glad to see there is someone else out there getting success. I was beginning to think i was being disbelieved by people. But its all real monday to thursday i made 390 points all catalogued which was a nice £3990 in the bank. If i did 10 and 10 i would most probably get more wins but some of my biggest wins are at stop loss of 15 as it gives the market a bit more room to breath and give bigger movements. It also shows everyone you can double or treble your bank every x amount of days. Well done you get my full support and thank you for a good post. I have been spread betting and trading for a number of years but started developing this system in earnest last summer. i got some great ideas from a fx system i bought many months ago that is currently being pushed hard in the marketplace better not say the name and developed from there.
I cant class myself as a real trader like a lot on here. I have a degree in maths and control systems so manipulation and systems come easy to me. All i have been looking for is something that i can use consistently to tap into any huge pool of money and syphon some off every day. I dont see it as trading.This is a system anyone can be taught as the final signals are simple you dont need to know anything about trading to use my system. all you need is to follow some simple rules after a signal appears and out pops money. So this really is a business doing something and earning money from it. just like your doing. If you notice my trading language is not up to scratch and any seasones pro will see this immediately.

Well done, by the time I've built a large capital I should be making a similar amount to you. I've written out profit targets and am going to stick to it. I'm looking into the GBPUSD as well now with a strategy, just studying how the price moves, however won't do so until i'm successful at the FTSE100.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you?
Is this your full time occupation now?
Do you ever take out profits and bank it away.?
What's the mimimum now you keep in your spread betting account?

Hi
hope this is not a proposal as i am very lucky to have a 24yr old polish partner who is a professional dancer and is stunning. I am 46 yrs young and this is my full time occupation now. I keep £5000 in my account and every week take out what i win. Hope this satisfies your inquisitiveness. And by the way the partner bit is actually 100% correct just like my postings. Im a lucky man.

Hi
hope this is not a proposal as i am very lucky to have a 24yr old polish partner who is a professional dancer and is stunning. I am 46 yrs young and this is my full time occupation now. I keep £5000 in my account and every week take out what i win. Hope this satisfies your inquisitiveness. And by the way the partner bit is actually 100% correct just like my postings. Im a lucky man.

you lucky lucky baaaaaaaaas*rd :D

This is a system anyone can be taught as the final signals are simple you dont need to know anything about trading to use my system. all you need is to follow some simple rules after a signal appears and out pops money.
Hi mrptraderman,
Congratulations on your apparent success, although you will appreciate that there will be lots of members who will be sceptical as there have been many threads such as yours in the past. Usually, they are by traders who;
1. ...are scammers and are touting a system to sell
2. ...aren't real traders and just get off on some ego trip thinking they've duped some people into thinking that they can trade
3. ...are the real deal and can do what they claim. (trader_dante being perhaps the best known example here on T2W)
Sadly, the percentage of threads that belong in the third category is very small indeed. In your case, I have an open mind but, if you really want to help others as you claim you do, then you're going to have to post a more complete description of your strategy. Or you could try and sell it, but then you run the risk of ending up in category number 1. By your own admission, you're not that knowledgable about the markets. So, my suspicion is that you've stumbled upon something that works quite well in current market conditions, but almost certainly won't last for very long as the markets are constantly changing. Please don't take offense, I would be delighted for you to prove me wrong. But bear in mind that professional traders not only develop strategies that produce consistent profits, they also understand when and why they work. More importantly, critically even, they also understand when and why they don't work. The latter point is important because, in a trending market, a simple moving average cross over system will produce excellent gains. However, if the trader doesn't have a method for determining when the trend is reversing or drifting sideways then, likely as not, they'll give back all their gains to the market and wonder what on earth went wrong. The dot com bubble being a case in point.
Tim.

Let me talk about discipline for a moment. The worst thing you can do is have a system then not follow it like a robot. I can imagine people chase the market sometimes, not having the guts to place a trade, then see it win, try the next one without the right analysis and then loose. I am very rigirous in my approach there are occassions where i stop a trade early as i see it going bad but very rarely. With my win ratio it doesnt matter too much if a trade goes wrong because some will. If the loss of money hurts then your trading too much a point.
Thanks for sharing part of your approach to trading FTSE. You seem to trade using M1 TF which in your own words is fast and furious. Do you trade FTSE index itself or do you trade FTSE future. The question is more then academic, as the difference in the price can be considerable, and if your profits are taken from 10points upwards, at some instances, that might be the difference between the current FTSE price and the price of the FTSE future. I am aware that whatever you trade, your analysis is purely technical, but when trading FTSE futures I usually keep an eye on the price of the FTSE index during the trading hours. I would welcome your comments on this subject and whether you have been able to optimise this difference.
2be

That's what I feel I've come across in the current market conditions my strategy is working well for me but I will be testing it over past market conditions to see how well it performs. I'd also want to check some of my strategies on other markets.

mrptraderman

If this system of yours is real, and you are making the dollars, then youve killed it.
Keep up the work. Keep milking the markets.

The way you are going you should b very rich soon. Keep adding some capital to the 5k account, otherwise the rise in the equity curve will be slower. However banking profits which you are doing is a wise idea, but do it at a rate where you can grow the botttom line.

I havent read all the posts here, but if its money and investments on a larger scale you are after to propell you forward, it should be no problem. If i was able to raise many many £10s,of thousand's given my target return was 5-10% a month and my age, you will have no prob hitting big starting figures - its all in the mind.

Hope you make it big enough to liv like a G

All the best

Hello 2be
Thanks for the message and even though i dont understand the last bit exactly i will answer as best as possible. I trade the ftse index. I use spreadbetting to place my trades. With the rapid fire system i use i need something that you can trade quickly with. I have done nothing with futures and know nothing about them. I use 1 minute chart to trade but look at the longer charts to see what the market has been doing. I look at nothing else during the trading day. I need though as suggested by another trader earlier in this thread that i should be looking for news items so i am starting to do this.
. If I havent answered properly then please try again.

Hi Richi Rich
Everything i have written is accurate and as i say. Maybe its time to wind this thread up and go into the shadows. I came with an open mind and now wondering if i should have started something here. I am making this money so your advice is welcomed.

hello timsk
it wouldn't be appropriate to post a reply so will answer your comments on a private message. What i do know is you are very perceptive and intelligent. This i like. But i do have something that really works so your open mind is appropriate.
Thank you for your detailed post

word.

Hello 2be
Thanks for the message and even though i dont understand the last bit exactly i will answer as best as possible. I trade the ftse index. I use spreadbetting to place my trades. With the rapid fire system i use i need something that you can trade quickly with. I have done nothing with futures and know nothing about them. I use 1 minute chart to trade but look at the longer charts to see what the market has been doing. I look at nothing else during the trading day. I need though as suggested by another trader earlier in this thread that i should be looking for news items so i am starting to do this.
. If I havent answered properly then please try again.

FTSE Futures are traded around the clock, the "pit FTSE" index is traded only within the FTSE trading hours (with the exception of some privilages of afterhours trading which does not involve a long period of time anyway). One can see the difference by comparing the price of these two different instruments. It is similar to trading the DOW future and thr Dow pit time index. the easiest way is to look at bloomberg and compare, or on yahoo tracker. WHat I am trying to say that this difference can be treated in an advategous way. It looks often esp with the DOW futures, that there is a lot of potential for the silly money to be gatherred by the few who know the game. I personally think that the real pit indexes are easier to start with, as they are less likely to be manipulated, that is only my subjective opinion. Have a look and compare it .
Best wishes,
2be

what is your outlook for the FTSE on Monday according to your system?

is it telling you to go long or short?

i opened a position short FTSE 4125 ...stop loss 4155!! target 4090 / 4050

what do you think according to your analysis or should i say "well oiled money making machine"...huh hum!!

If you don't mind Mr traderman, please can you answer the question above when you have some time?

I am intrigued what your analysis or system is giving you?

i hope i'm not being rude or pushy!!

Hi wallstreet1928 missed answering your reply as you can see this has been very active and i have had loads of private messages to answer. No your not pushy or rude your postings have been excellent. If i may its bed time so would like to answer in morning

Exactly what happened to me in the past...