Live Trading With Grey1 ( Monthly Members Only )

Thanks rajibde and thanks Grey1 for teaching so logically and clearly. It's beginning to sink into my boney skull. If one was thinking about trading YM (or had to, more to the point, to get the TS8 platform) then would it be fair to say that one should only trade the index futures when there is a clear confirming direction and strong trend possibility? If it is a day of conflicting sentiment, then stay clear?
Thanks.
yes

There are times that MACII of market on 30 , 60 and 10 min is lets say OB and the sentiment is very bullish ,, for me this is a very very difficult day to make money. I feel the only way i could make money would be with taking OUT OF PROPORTION RISK ( gambling ) . This is not a good habit to get used to .

The correct way of trading is always to walk away and stay cash ,,,

grey1

Glad to be of some use. I'll post all 13 of the books over the next few day.
Here's the next one guys:

Attachments

• STAD2.pdf
    600.3 KB · Views: 45
Something for the reading days.

Attachments

• STAD3.pdf
    764.8 KB · Views: 38
  • STAD4.pdf
    856.5 KB · Views: 38
DELL news was released after hours ( when the market closed on Thursday ) so this new info is not yet into Fridays price.. intra day trading of futures/stocks/SB or what ever instrument you trade only looks into that particular day and not from few days back ,,

I think it was on Wednesday ,, just up until WARREN BUFFET,s comment the futures were down by 70 points and i was thinking of shorting the market for the day,, Mr Buffet suddenly admitted that he has bought into AMERICAN EXPESS and all of the sudden the market spiked up and it was one of the strongest days and it closed 200 point up. Now, lets go to DOW2008 prediction thread on the main BB,, Did our young traders know about Mr. buffet's next day comment ? NO, NO BODY KNEW ,Our traders analysis became invalid by new information which arrived on Wednesday morning which was not in Tuesdays' chart .Our traders INSTEAD OF GETTING TO THE BOTTOM OF TRUTH AND FINDING WHY FUTURES TURNED AROUND AND SPIKED UP ON WEDNESDAY THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR TUESDAY'S CHART TO FIND A TECHNICAL ANSWER AND BOY THERE ARE MILLIONS OF STUPID TECHNICAL REASONS TO JUSTIFY THEIR FAILURE.

I repeat , i am not in any way against TA.. far from it but the fact remains that using TA alone does not do the trick and IMHO there is not a single PURE Technician who is rewarded for his knowledge of classical TA in the market . I say this categorically and if i had said this on the main BB some one would have come along to prove me wrong with false financial claims to underestimate my view. Most these defenders of TA are new to this game and they argue for various reasons and not because they can show their P/L.

Before any trading days do the following ..

1) look at the futures .. is it up or down ? if up why up and if down why down ..
2) How much futures are up if 100 then why up so much,, CNBC,, tells you why market is up or down
3) listen to ASH.. he is on CNBC and is the NYSE floor director,, his views counts a lot
4) IF DOW IS UP look for NASDAQ.. IS NASDAQ UP too if not then the market either oscillates of runs up fast and sells off in the afternoon ,,
5) find out why NADSAQ is down or is lagging
6) for a strong trending day you need SP500,NASDAQ and DOW all confirming . Any disconfirmation shall result in huge volatility and market oscillates ,, Hence a very difficult day . Most traders lose during oscillation ,, the reason is EXCESS RISK during oscillation and traders who do not understand pos and risk management they lose most.
7) DONOT YOU EVER EVER LET COUPLE OF HIGH OR LOW VOLUME BARS TO TELL YOU IF MARKET IS STRONG OR WEAK ,, Classical TA tells you a high VOULME bar is very bearish or bullish depending o the direction of the bar .. .. DONOT BE FOOLED,, I can prove to you in real time that classical HIGH VOULME ANALYSIS OF BARS means nothing any more . The high volume bars often occur @ open so be carful and don't read too much into this.
8) instead of learning more TA learn more pos management
9) Look at the FINVIZ,, Look for leaders in a sector are they in red or green..
10 ) Watch CNBC pre market,, if a bad news hit the market and market went down and it recovered then it is going to be a STRONG DAY ,, ISM ,PPI and news like that tells you a lot about DAY'S trend,, resistance to bad news is bullish for the rest of the day ,,

10 ) Finally try to do more FA analysis than TA as explained above ( Pre market )

Grey1

It is 9 AM Tuesday morning ,,,Futures was down 40 points,, We just heard GUSTOVE has missed all the OIL RIGS and was down graded hence OIL fell $6 and market rallied 110 points from the LOW.
Now lets convince our PURE TA brothers NOT TO look into the history to predict the future move.

TA is like an ENGINE which needs TYRES and STEERING WHEEL to form a CAR to take you from A to B , Very simple message . I hope i am getting it across,
In my next seminar i will explain what are the possible catalysts you should be seeking pre market to add to your analysis.

Learning how to trade is not easy so please have patience, until I paint the whole picture for you step by step . WE SHALL GET THERE

Grey1

Q

Grey1,

Couple of questions if I may.
In the last seminar we had the Ultra Short Financials ETF (SKF) on our watchlist. What other ETFs do you find useful for daytrading if any. I'm guessing the selection may be more an issue of liquidity.

Secondly,
3) listen to ASH.. he is on CNBC and is the NYSE floor director,, his views counts a lot

Did you mean Art Cashin the UBS floor operations director? Or do you refer to somebody else I have not yet seen.

Thanks
Jonnie

Grey1,

Couple of questions if I may.
In the last seminar we had the Ultra Short Financials ETF (SKF) on our watchlist. What other ETFs do you find useful for daytrading if any. I'm guessing the selection may be more an issue of liquidity.

Secondly,

Did you mean Art Cashin the UBS floor operations director? Or do you refer to somebody else I have not yet seen.

Thanks
Jonnie

I only use SKF and yes Art Cashin,, They call him Ash on the floor ,,.

SKF always moves opposite the market,, market rallies SKF tanks

Grey1

Last two books. I hope these have been useful and provided food for thought.

Attachments

• STAD12.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • STAD13.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
I've finally opened an account at TradeStation and was trying to get the MACCI that I downloaded from http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technical-trader/29739-tt-toolbox-3.html#post437326
working. However, it does not appear to be working correctly.

I've attached to screenshots (AMZN & $INDU); on both, you'll notice that the MACCI is the torquoise line under the price bars. I've included the RSI and CCI just to show that the others appears to be working.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me.

Thanks
-E

Attachments

• macci_amzn.JPG
    macci_amzn.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 24
  • macci_indu.JPG
    macci_indu.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 18
Okay, it appears that the MACCI line is black, which is the same color as the background. I changed the background color and I can see what I believe may be the MACCI line. However, for the $INDU, the line is all the way at the bottom. I don't know why the MACCI scale on the INDU is over 10k.

I guess I sort of answered my own question when I mentioned "scale" on the $INDU. I changed the scale to -150 ~ 150 and it appears to show up correctly.