Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I've never seen such low range of movement during news releases as it's been in the past month. I guess that's why the vix is so low. No volume, no volatility.

Peter

I've never seen such low range of movement during news releases as it's been in the past month. I guess that's why the vix is so low. No volume, no volatility.

Peter

I know, right? This FOMC was pretty anemic, only about a 30 pip range on announcement... Very different from Feb's FOMC!

Anyway, we might have a top here. It seems like it's going to sell off from here, but you never know.

More proof that the FED is run by a bunch of bumbling idiots:

JPMorgan Passes Fed's Stress Test: Dividend Up 20%, $15B Buyback - Forbes

Banks received the news of whether they passed the stress tests and had their capital plans approved around noon Tuesday, according to a source familiar with the communication from the Fed, but no direction on when to announce the news.

We know the FED was supposed to release the official results Thursday but had to do it today due to "leaks". So why did they give the banks the info 2 days early and then think everyone would remain silent?? I would love to have seen all the insider trading during that time period.

These are the people who run our countries and financial systems.

Peter

Hi all

Has been very hard trading of late. Fomc not really shed any light as to the direction for the next week or so...it seems to be a toss of a coin between euro woes or US economic recovery. All in all looks like we are in line for a very placid end to the first quarter of the year.. Most(if not all crosses) still within the yearly range and a serious lack of direction in my favoured cross eur/usd...it now seems that the correlation between risk and euro rise is slowly and surely being decoupled.. I get the feeling that the market is gearing up for interest rate correlation rather than risk to play a part... Although we had a cautious fomc today, we must not forget that the least politically biased of all the monetary policy makers doesn't tend to mess around when inflation kicks in as we have seen with others more close to home...should the US recovery continue at the pace it
has done over the last 3/5 months, beware the fed to be the first to pull the trigger and they will not be as cautious in doing so as others have been!!!

Regards by the way lord flasheart!!! All the best

spidey sense says this way.

Attachments

• eurusd 5m.png
    eurusd 5m.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 104
stopped out -10
3 trades, 3 losses today. Gotta tell the kids we can't afford dinner tonight :)

Peter

What on earth made you enter a trade right after data with a 12 pip stop. It was a suicide mission imo. but then again I could be talking bo77ox. This is when the big guys throw little guys around like a rag doll.

What on earth made you enter a trade right after data with a 12 pip stop. It was a suicide mission imo. but then again I could be talking bo77ox. This is when the big guys throw little guys around like a rag doll.

Hasn't been my best day for sure. Price moved down, then went back up over the last price before the data so I entered a long thinking it was a spike down and reversal.

TBH, my problem is I'm trying to trade news events the same way I always have but we just don't get the movement anymore. I really need to adapt or give up the news trading.

Peter

Hasn't been my best day for sure. Price moved down, then went back up over the last price before the data so I entered a long thinking it was a spike down and reversal.

TBH, my problem is I'm trying to trade news events the same way I always have but we just don't get the movement anymore. I really need to adapt or give up the news trading.

Peter

News trading doesn't work too well nowadays Peter....good zew this morning euro down.....cds triggered euro up.... Seems at the moment whatever you think should be correct do the oppo****e...

I book my winner here for +13.

Why did I take the trade?
What made price go lower?

I don't have the faintest idea, I can honestly say I don't know. The trade was based purely on my intuition and 1000+ hours screen time. I avoid news/data.

Is it wrong to trade like this? I don't know. After so much screen time I get a feeling about where price is going, a kind of 'spidey sense' before it moves. this time next year rodders.

all very strange goings on.

Attachments

• eurusd 5m #2.png
    eurusd 5m #2.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 111
I should explain that the 'spidey sense' doesn't always function the key is to wait until the 'spidey sense' is at it's greatest where you feel price cannot go anywhere else. My problem is staying out when the 'spidey sense' isn't fully active that's when the evil gambler comes out to play. I watch 4 charts, Daily, Hourly, 5m, 1m. mostly trade off the 5m. Candles only nothing else. It's not about what you win it's def about what you don't lose. Keith Richards once said it's not what you play it's what you don't play but I believe he was paralytic at the time. lol.

you see where price is now. I have absolutely no clue as to where it is going next. Might as well flip a coin for all i know. 'Spidey sense' is not active. best to stand aside.

Attachments

• eurusd 5m #3.png
    eurusd 5m #3.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 97
switch to 19's as treble 20's are covered onto the AUDUSD.

spidey sense says this is going south.

Attachments

• audusd 5m #4.png
    audusd 5m #4.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 115