Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

PHP:
I haven't made a single trade all day. been busy with a flurry of paperwork regarding getting my daughter into college. I'm going to have to trade triple size just to pay for it. arrrghhhhh.

We can play "Watch Wacky stress out trying to pay for college" :eek:

Peter

Take care ole buddy
That's just the time to beware when you really need the money.
Have to keep a lid on the "Hail Mary" bets if poss.

eurusd continue to push lower, larger players would love to push this to 1.3000. if we could break the daily low and then get a trigger to go south again I might take it. larger players would love to run all over that round number and mess with people heads.

eurusd now at daily low showing signs of a reversal. in times gone by I would have gone long. now I only trade with the money flow and that is south for the moment. Price may well go north but I am not interested in what might happen, only the highest probability money flow plays.

eurusd now at daily low showing signs of a reversal. in times gone by I would have gone long. now I only trade with the money flow and that is south for the moment. Price may well go north but I am not interested in what might happen, only the highest probability money flow plays.

Gotta go with the flow

chart for trade,sadly it pulled back to line, to take out my b/e stop on 2nd 1/2. I had to re enter. Its a simple t/l as usual. The entry point was right at the top. Gives great risk reward. I can risk 20 pips and make a 100 if things go my way. They look great when they work. I will post charts when I can,but very busy at moment with trading projects.

Attachments

• 2012-03-14_1833.png
    2012-03-14_1833.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 129
eurusd, take a short here going for an easy 5 pips, nice and wide stop. should be an easy ride down. @ 1.3022's down to 16's 20 pip SL

chart for trade,sadly it pulled back to line, to take out my b/e stop on 2nd 1/2. I had to re enter. Its a simple t/l as usual. The entry point was right at the top. Gives great risk reward. I can risk 20 pips and make a 100 if things go my way. They look great when they work. I will post charts when I can,but very busy at moment with trading projects.

I found it difficult to 'run the profit' for the last two months, so I opted for 'you can't go broke taking profit' system.

Don't worry about posting the charts - I was thinking if you can post them only if it doesn't affect your concentration (your choice of lines is good imo - that's why I asked)

I found it difficult to 'run the profit' for the last two months, so I opted for 'you can't go broke taking profit' system.

Don't worry about posting the charts - I was thinking if you can post them only if it doesn't affect your concentration (your choice of lines is good imo - that's why I asked)

i will always try and do it at some point in the day. ive not had many runners this year.Its been hard,ive had to survive on the odd 50-60 pipper and my 1/2 trades

choc, can you show us a money flow chart,thanks

my charts are just standard candlesticks with nothing on, totally naked. I sometimes mark on a round number, not to trade off but just to give me a visual anchor. i normally have the 4 charts open Daily, Hourly, 5min and 1min. usually i trade off the 5min chart, I might peek at the 1min to check but it's too noisy for me to get a read.

By money flow I just mean the way price is generally going, if I am unsure of the flow that means there is not enough conviction. Of course there is no volume or T&S available in spot FX. It is rare now for me to trade against the flow, I am trying to cut it out altogether. humans like to pick reversals, this has to be unlearnt and its not easy imo.

my charts are just standard candlesticks with nothing on, totally naked. I sometimes mark on a round number, not to trade off but just to give me a visual anchor. i normally have the 4 charts open Daily, Hourly, 5min and 1min. usually i trade off the 5min chart, I might peek at the 1min to check but it's too noisy for me to get a read.

By money flow I just mean the way price is generally going, if I am unsure of the flow that means there is not enough conviction. Of course there is no volume or T&S available in spot FX. It is rare now for me to trade against the flow, I am trying to cut it out altogether. humans like to pick reversals, this has to be unlearnt and its not easy imo.

interesting,never seen anyone trade like this before,how many pips do you average a day and are you using sb or da,thanks

its good trading so far chocyd,very impressive and all called on time.im looking forward to see you continuing like this.

Nice trading. Very simple. (y)

Although trading is not easy it's doesn't have to be anything complex. The simple methods work best.

Peter

This sounds... exactly like how I trade, except I suck at it for lack of exp., lol.

A difference is that I use the 30s instead of 1m to refine an entry, so it's not noise to me. Trade ideas come from the 5m usually, but I'll sometimes go for the 30s if it looks good.

I've also taken to mostly play the side with strength in its wings, but I'm not averse to play a range. Last night on Eur/Jpy was awesomely telegraphed for some ping-pong play, for ex. It turned very predictably at times... Though I botched it, of course, but that's not the point!

interesting,never seen anyone trade like this before,how many pips do you average a day and are you using sb or da,thanks

for these trades I am trading chump change on IG index. its just a little bit of fun for me while i am saving up a $50k bank roll at which point my instrument of choice is likely to be US stocks.

I don't trade full time so don't have a daily target, some days I don't trade at all i run my own investment business but not trading related. I am still doing my research 5 years in now. If I were to trade spot FX for a living I would probably pitch for 100 pips per week broken down into daily target.

Manipulation is rife in all markets I have researched and spot FX is no exception after a lot of screen time you can see many of these plays.

Internalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

trade with tight stops at your peril.