Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

My USD/JPY looks different and it says Yen composite on your graph.

Prolly just me going potty

your probably using a brokers chart which is indicative of the price,mine is esignal which should be the actual price so will always be diferent as most sb firms add the price on top

Attachments

• USD - JPY.PNG
    USD - JPY.PNG
    97.2 KB · Views: 130
your probably using a brokers chart which is indicative of the price,mine is esignal which should be the actual price so will always be diferent as most sb firms add the price on top

Not exactly on topic, but since it is very slow moving today, what is your take on paid for data Vs the rest.

For a number of years I paid for intellicharts with independent feed, then I started to use MT4 and I ran a couple of different broker versions to see if they were substantially different.

What I found was the mt4 chart feed varied little - if at all - from intellichart feeds.

I never used eSignal and so have no idea of it's superiority or otherwise, hence the question.

cad looks to have bounced right off the line, lucky my moved stop wasnt taken,I should have been aware of that,just need big figure to break now and I could get a biggie. Any return to the line and I would be extremely bullish about a breakout

Attachments

• 2012-03-07_1500.png
    2012-03-07_1500.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 139
Not exactly on topic, but since it is very slow moving today, what is your take on paid for data Vs the rest.

For a number of years I paid for intellicharts with independent feed, then I started to use MT4 and I ran a couple of different broker versions to see if they were substantially different.

What I found was the mt4 chart feed varied little - if at all - from intellichart feeds.

I never used eSignal and so have no idea of it's superiority or otherwise, hence the question.

Its far superior but exppensive at about £125 pcm. Its not really worth getting unless you have a multi screen set up. I can see any one of 25 pairs across 4 time frames at the flick of a button.I can do amazing chart comparisons,it can do anything. Sadly it wont help you make money. I mainly use for as mentioned above,i raeley even put an rsi on the chart.What I will do is show off what it can do in the next few posts if this trade continues to go my way and Im happy

Its far superior but exppensive at about £125 pcm. Its not really worth getting unless you have a multi screen set up. I can see any one of 25 pairs across 4 time frames at the flick of a button.I can do amazing chart comparisons,it can do anything. Sadly it wont help you make money. I mainly use for as mentioned above,i raeley even put an rsi on the chart.What I will do is show off what it can do in the next few posts if this trade continues to go my way and Im happy

Great, I hope you will be happy because:-

a) I want to see what your charting can do
and
b) Although I didn't have time to call it, I am in the CAD sell trade (again) from 1.004

:clap: :clap:

This took 30 seconds to set up. Top is aud/jpy, middle is aud/usd and bottom is the values of gbp/usd less the values of aud/usd. I could have that in histogramme,overlay anything I want and all very quickly,but as i said,I mainly use it to flick between pairs and time frames

Attachments

• 2012-03-07_1512.png
    2012-03-07_1512.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 137
Because ALL the currencies are inter connected then surely it should be possible to make a program that uses the rise/falls of all of them to predict the next few moves of others.

For instance if aud is rising versus the $ and the $ is rising against the yen then aud should be rising against the yen but even more so.

Is there a prog to do this ?

Sadly it wont help you make money

Nice feature. I can flick through 12 charts very quickly on one screen and more if I had multi screen but to do some of the comparisons you mention would require some program writing.

It is likely that I will say as I am until eSignal brings out the delux version eSignal_mm2 which makes money for you. :cheesy:

This took 30 seconds to set up. Top is aud/jpy, middle is aud/usd and bottom is the values of gbp/usd less the values of aud/usd. I could have that in histogramme,overlay anything I want and all very quickly,but as i said,I mainly use it to flick between pairs and time frames

Interesting

Because ALL the currencies are inter connected then surely it should be possible to make a program that uses the rise/falls of all of them to predict the next few moves of others.

For instance if aud is rising versus the $ and the $ is rising against the yen then aud should be rising against the yen but even more so.

Yes there is an MT4 program for this...the only snag is that it doesn't work very well.

I tried it and scrapped it a while back, but if you like, when I have time I will dig it out for you to play with.

top is histogramme of gbp/usd less values of aud/usd
middle is activity
bottom is aud
requests welcome. Ive had if for many years but am still a novice with it

Attachments

• 2012-03-07_1530.png
    2012-03-07_1530.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 140
does anyone know how this guy exploited sb firms,got an email this morn wanting £495 to find out his holy gail. not heard of him before,but I do like people who beat the bookies http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...IIt7SFLry68s3B-Mg&sig2=z6KSqLz6LnN_ut0LzEIQ7w

he beat them and then they took it back,what about how they exploit us

Sorry this is late , was occupied at work....

I do like the comment "Alexander has also been banned from performing regulated functions for a minimum of five years."

I am sure that is going to hurt....:LOL:

yes, i can do charts for that and i do look at comparisons when selecting an entry point

does anyone know how this guy exploited sb firms,got an email this morn wanting £495 to find out his holy gail. not heard of him before,but I do like people who beat the bookies http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...IIt7SFLry68s3B-Mg&sig2=z6KSqLz6LnN_ut0LzEIQ7w

he beat them and then they took it back,what about how they exploit us

he placed low value bid/offers via CFD platforms that were hedged onto the order book by the providers. This moved the spread either way and he took the opposite side via the SB, closing out when the spread returned to normal.

Its because the SB don't note the volume on the order when its filled, just the movement. You would need to have a CFD account that was auto hedged, ie you are have a good track record.

His mistake in my opinion was to use third party SB accounts that he controlled - it makes it look very iffy. other than that its just how the mm's operate without the need to create liquidity in a share.