Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

moving stop to 76.65. Its now a 25 pip stop, but wanted to make sure fib line is covered so have done so. About 30 % of the time I move my stop as I often start with less than 20 pips,which for most pairs is risky and very tight

We are also at 50 % of the november high and low so worth adding a few more pips on. It makes the trade poor R/R if I take 1/2 off for less than around 25 pips,so I will aim for that if I get the chance

Attachments

• 2011-12-22_1804.png
    2011-12-22_1804.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 133
Ah got massively distracted this afternoon.

Trade off +4 (equates to +20 in stake level terms)

re shorted for same reasons. The fib line is still in play so worth another few pips

Attachments

• 2011-12-23_0843.png
    2011-12-23_0843.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 140
Guys,
Ive been looking at the gold chart lately and wanted to know why the spread is attached to the offer price and not above the price as with most forex spreads.
How do you guys get on with gold,anyone trade it?,think wacky does

Hi Flash....nice thread by the way, I dont trade Gold myself, but if you want to test any theories, ETX Capital let you play with Gold for min 10p a tic...

The spread is 4 tics....reasonable charts, price shown on the chart...mid spread.

I'm not affiliated by the way.....just a suggestion.

Hi Flash....nice thread by the way, I dont trade Gold myself, but if you want to test any theories, ETX Capital let you play with Gold for min 10p a tic...

The spread is 4 tics....reasonable charts, price shown on the chart...mid spread.

I'm not affiliated by the way.....just a suggestion.

thanks my spread is 5 pips. I was more curious as to why the spread is not attached above the ask price as it is in forex. Welcome to the site and good luck

Last edited:
cad trade pulled back to fib line, my plan for extra pin money for xmas isnt working as planned yet. Just means the peasants on the estate wont eat

Guys,
Ive been looking at the gold chart lately and wanted to know why the spread is attached to the offer price and not above the price as with most forex spreads.
How do you guys get on with gold,anyone trade it?,think wacky does

Not anymore. Margins for spot gold and gold futures here in the US are too high. 1 standard gold futures contract on CME (product code GC) requires $11,475 margin. Spot is no better. Some US forex brokers stopped offering gold and silver.

Peter

really like cad/chf for a short,dont like 7 pip spread ive got at moment. pull back to line and area of resistance

Attachments

• 2011-12-23_1253.png
    2011-12-23_1253.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 143
short cad/chf at .9186 sl .9210

really like this so taken it,i now have lots riding on these two correlated trades

risky with low volatility, but must trade what i like