Best Thread Live Cable Trading

dc2000 said:
would be nice if we could hit the 293 at 3:06pm and again an hour later

you don't think it's going to rise a little waiting for the news at 1600 then fall again ?

Just trying to figure out what the fire behind the smoke was

No fire just a potassium perchlorate induced afair

Priceman I expect a double hit of my target the first being just after the news

well I got out of my short at 65 where it peaked slightly on the 30th, should have got back in at 73 when it went up again...

hope you're correct DC, that would be a good day's trading !

45 filled, overall target around 10, but keeping mouse ready to close out the whole shebang at first sign of major upmove

Reuters not being too eloquent, all it said was "Factory orders are up." No story, no figures :(

out of pyramid at 40 (+4 spread): +20 and +1

Off to do some paper work at City Hall.

See you all later on

hornblower said:
closed short at 355

I know i may regret it

but bird in the hand

Same sentiment here. Up till now it's been a blockbuster day already, feel greed rearing it's ugly head, whispering "take a bigger short position, come on, you just need another couple of hundred to make that nice fat round figure for the day :devilish:"...

Vade retro, Satanas! :p

Ah, finally some figs:

"U.S. Treasury debt prices were lower on Wednesday, extending their earlier losses after a stronger-than-expected 0.7 percent rise in May U.S. factory orders heightened worries the Federal Reserve would raise rates further.

May factory orders, which include durable goods, had been expected to rise 0.1 percent according to economists polled by Reuters"

aha DC... a nice 50% retracement figure you have in mind there....

not sure it's going to get there today mate

Godbloody narrow range to scalp, I'm usually too far in the middle to get something out of it with a 4 pip spread :(

So after 8 pips, calling it a night. *grumble* Not good, throwing up my hands in disgust. Seen better late hour action after a 130pip day like this.:|

And so to Thursday
In the words of an Australian rock group "Let's get it up"

Slow start for the day, managed to scalp 7 pips, awaiting news.

Today it looks euro-bullish: Danish industrial production up by 4%, Dutch provisional inflation slightly up, swatch of news and Trichet at NY open.

BoE expected to leave the rate at 4.5%, ECB expected to sound hawkish but earliest hike expected in August.

Currently long at 57, got a b/o entry long at 73

Interesting tidbit to help timing in the chop:

"It's very clear that they will continue to hike but the question is very much about the timing," UBS economist Stephane Deo said. "That's where I think they could give us a hint whether they could go at the beginning of August, which I don't think they will, or whether they will wait until the end of August."

The 18 Governing Council members began discussions just after 0700 GMT at the last scheduled face-to-face rate meeting until late August. The decision, which all 61 economists in a Reuters poll thought would leave the key rate unchanged, is due at 1145 GMT, followed by a news conference at 1230 GMT."

8343/56 inner bands expanding to a range channel of 8311/88.

I'm Bearish short term and the half-hearted attempt to get to the upper outer band may confirm some weakness, but will wait and see what develops.

Any drop thru 8343 with a confirmed re-test of that level as Resistance OR high momentum move down thru that level will get me in short with a stop at 8367 (next technical level of Resistance this morning).

Don't have the time (or energy) today for range plays so will be looking only for channel break-outs.

Same applies long on the 8356/88 levels, but I'll be surprised if I get to take that position. And equally happy to do so should it present itself!

spikelet down:

LONDON, July 6 (Reuters) - British manufacturing output
rose faster than expected in May but overall industrial
output was slightly weaker than expected, official data showed
on Thursday.
The figures are unlikely to change expectations that the
Bank of England will keep interest rates on hold later on
Thursday but will add to the view that the manufacturing sector
is recovering.