Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Offshore Trader said:
Long too at 15 but a little concerned that EUR has gone below 1.2760. Hope that's a false break of support and that the uptrend from last week resumes

Overall I'm bearish, basically on the interest rate difference making $ more attractive in the long run, then there was Reuters poll out yesterday, summarized, amongst others (just Googled it) here saying £ rate wasn't expected to be raised soon.

As to the upward trend, I think Trichet's speech may be the clincher tomorrow, albeit PMI figs of today are quite good for eurozone, the World Cup being a factor for sure.

zuke said:
In addition to my 460 short (stop 505, limit 405). I have put in a long from 440..looking for 465..stop 415.

My new 5 min strat is doing well thus far (only 5 days in though so a long way to go!!)

Went to bed, so didnt comment on this trade. I hit my target for +15. I also made +60 on my 460 short. Currently on the sidelines but overall Im bearish.

dc2000 said:
I meant 293 today Friday Im looking to produce the 560 profit target from last Thursday

Thanks for clarifying DC!

8293 today... imho, not this forenoon, NY may bring that one (around factory orders time I guess, people been starved for some good action the last two days)

Out of long 19 at 37: +18

Closed my long at 31 +16 but I am long EUR as I think short term the USD will be weak. Aim to be out before this p.m.s figures

agreed Marm first I will be looking for a bounce off 382, should come in the next hour I would look for the 293 mid US session

zuke said:
Greedy Zuke has moved the target to 477. Hope it gets there before the US come on board :rolleyes:

closed out trade at 440 for +23..forgot about 10:30 numbers coming out

zuke said:
Long 417, Stop 397, Target 437.

Nice one, had that in mind too, but still had another long at 39 (closed out at b/e).
Looks like we're in the sideways portion.

marmoset said:
Nice one, had that in mind too, but still had another long at 39 (closed out at b/e).
Looks like we're in the sideways portion.

Thanks..so far so good with my 5 min strat. I am bearish, but dont think we'll see a serious run down to 383 (or maybe even 273) until the factory numbers come out this pm

zuke said:
Thanks..so far so good with my 5 min strat. I am bearish, but dont think we'll see a serious run down to 383 (or maybe even 273) until the factory numbers come out this pm

Agreed, it'll be a slow grind onward, with an acceleration around NY open.

So, where's my "Collected works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle" e-book? :cheesy:

Reading marmoset's posts about 'only' 70 odd points from a 100 point range.I read a thread wherein this poster's bank had employed 20 or so forex traders.The best made 1.7$mill on forex options and lost 1$mill on straight trades.It worked out at 80 pips/month if I remember rightly.

zuke said:
SHORT 465, stop 495, Limit 405

This is neither a dig nor an attemt to discover your methods but I just cannot figure out for the life of me why you would short there. I'm just confused. It just seems like a complete random point to me ....... ie No pivot, previous S/R or anything.... :confused:

wasp said:
This is neither a dig nor an attemt to discover your methods but I just cannot figure out for the life of me why you would short there. I'm just confused. It just seems like a complete random point to me ....... ie No pivot, previous S/R or anything.... :confused:

I have to confess for thinking the same. However to a certain extent I was blinded by the USD general weakness.Fortunately I continued to watch and shorted at 64 when a top was coming in whilst still being long EUR. A lesson for myself...trade what you see...because I made money out of long EUR (just exited at 86) and short GBP at the same time. Sometimes I don't take a cable position because of something USD/CHF or EUR/USD are doing.