Learning to trade from youtube

Thanks, I might look into him later. I found trading to be very boring. Mostly I play a roulette wheel in between good trade signals.

LOL. Well in my humble view you need to find a way that reflect your personality.

Also if I can say you should not try to get excitement out of trading, but money out of the market, once you got the money, I am sure you will find excitement somewhere else.

I saw MaMood trading, he only trades the opening, (London or New York) for about a couple hours and only eurusd on the tick charts.

But elephants are in the market. I am convinced I have seen them.

They had a team of well rehearsed members: the guy who had no losing trade for a year or two, BS (pardon ES) guy etc.

IMO they are salesmen and are very good at it. Personally I wouldn't waste my time on it again (not even just to try to see myself)

They had a team of well rehearsed members: the guy who had no losing trade for a year or two, BS (pardon ES) guy etc.

Unlike others, I base my assessment on verifiable statements only. But the price action described in the video is convincing according to my own observations.

Yes, of course. What do you do while waiting for a trade signal to come along ? Do you sit there all day watching for something that may never come ?

Joe

That is good question. I also had similar problems and sometime still have but less nowadays.

What I do is constantly monitoring the technicality of the chart:
i. e. now has formed a double bottom, followed by a higher bottom, reached the round number of 1.25, bulls are in control, if pulls back to the ema and forms a reversal candle at the average I am in at the market risking 12 pips with a TP of 25 ect ect.

So what we do is to learn to get engaged without having a position, to enter a trade is only a consequence of that activity, and if we find that your heart goes faster the moment we enter the trade, that means that we still have a lot of work to do on ourselves .

Keep in mind that I trade the tick chart, so I do not have to wait hours for a condition with the relative set up to develop.

I hope it helps a bit.

No statements there

Then, you shouldn't sign up for it. Just because the guy is engaged in one form of activity, doesn't mean everything else he says or does is wrong. Personally I believe he knows how to trade. But he found he could make more and easier money from those looking to get rich quick. That's a true mark of a great trader - always trade what takes lower cost/effort and returns higher RR ratio.

Last edited:
Personally I believe he knows how to trade. But he found he could make more and easier money from those looking to get rich quick.

If you like it - why not?:)

I checked the first part - he received quite a few rewards. It reminds me of another famous trader/trainer:whistling

Keep in mind that I trade the tick chart, so I do not have to wait hours for a condition with the relative set up to develop.

Sounds like my kind of thing, as I am into high frequency, high activity, high energy, hight everything. But MT4 can only do, at the fastest, a 1 minute chart. Maybe I am on the wrong platform and wrong market. What market is good for tick trading ?

If you like it - why not?:)

I checked the first part - he received quite a few rewards. It reminds me of another famous trader/trainer:whistling

I did suggest disregarding the marketing and go for the elephant. Perhaps you are standing too close to the elephant to see it. The idea for this thread is learning trading by watching youtube videos. I said nothing about signing up for any get rich quick schemes. I would personally discourage it.

Last edited:
Sounds like my kind of thing, as I am into high frequency, high activity, high energy, hight everything. But MT4 can only do, at the fastest, a 1 minute chart. Maybe I am on the wrong platform and wrong market. What market is good for tick trading ?

Get a one week trial from Pro Real time and trade the 70 tick chart (equivalent to 30 seconds) on the eurusd and see how it feels.

Myself I use Amibroker which can import data via DDE from mt4 and others platform to be able to view tick chart.

When you trade such a small TF, I suggest that you focus only on one pair, eurusd is good for me and I pay only the spread which is about 0.7 pips.

Anyway I do not thing my way of trading is a "high" way to trade, yesterday I was "engaged" with the market for about 6 hours and no one trade was taken. Was I getting bored? Yes a bit, the market was flat and slow the time I was trading, I lost a bit of focus and I probably missed a few good trades, but hey is all easy in hindsight.

As I said try MaMood, he is a good trader, makes good money and shoots numerous trades in a matter of hours.

Joe, I remember once that we had a conversation about the importance of passion, I am still holding the same view, passion will make the difference.

Get a one week trial from Pro Real time and trade the 70 tick chart (equivalent to 30 seconds) on the eurusd and see how it feels.

Myself I use Amibroker which can import data via DDE from mt4 and others platform to be able to view tick chart.

When you trade such a small TF, I suggest that you focus only on one pair, eurusd is good for me and I pay only the spread which is about 0.7 pips.

Anyway I do not thing my way of trading is a "high" way to trade, yesterday I was "engaged" with the market for about 6 hours and no one trade was taken. Was I getting bored? Yes a bit, the market was flat and slow the time I was trading, I lost a bit of focus and I probably missed a few good trades, but hey is all easy in hindsight.

As I said try MaMood, he is a good trader, makes good money and shoots numerous trades in a matter of hours.

Joe, I remember once that we had a conversation about the importance of passion, I am still holding the same view, passion will make the difference.

I use Oanda and I just realised they have a 5 second chart, although this is not available through MT4. I have started to use a different indicator and that generates sufficient signals on the 1 minute chart. So I am sticking to that. My spread is 1 pip and acceptable for the size of moves I am playing for.

For me, passion comes from money and money has to come from action. If there is plenty of action that produces plenty of money, I have unending passion. Without action, I would gamble. When I gamble, I would lose. When I lose, my passion goes down the dumps.