Loads of trades and entertainment today

Attachments

• DetailedStatement 22.htm
    33.4 KB · Views: 345
  • DetailedStatement 22.gif
    DetailedStatement 22.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 244
We are doing great on demo today

7 different instruments traded simultaneously , 14 different set ups, Everyonerich must be rich today.

Attachments

• ent 23 feb.gif
    ent 23 feb.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 237
  • ent 23 feb.htm
    19.8 KB · Views: 329
I received a P M about my post in the following thread,asking me about 2,000 pips profit in one day on a live.

The Eas in this thread can also make 2,000 pips in a day,they can also lose 2,000 pips in a day.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/33868-post-your-p-l-24.html#post1064028

With automated systems , one may make 30,000 pips a year and suffer losses of 20,000 pips, leaving an annual profit of 10,000.The equity curve is not constanly increasing , but has ups and downs.Losses may come before profits and could result in drawdowns.

My automated systems try to follow these rules of trading

http://www.dacharts.com/articles/_22rulestrading.htm

Do more of that which is working and less of that which is not: If a market is strong, buy more; if a market is weak, sell more. New highs are to be bought; new lows sold.

Yesterday was a really good trending day ,I opened as many as 50 trades short on euro usd and gbp/usd , as trades went in my favour I added more shorts, doing more of what is working and none of what is not working.This was all automated on a live account.

I hope this post gives inspiration to some.

Entertainment learners trades today.

Just get a few cans of beers, popcorn and fish and chips.And let the robots on first post trade for u.

Attachments

• DetailedStatement ent  25 2.gif
    DetailedStatement ent 25 2.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DetailedStatement ent 25 2.htm
    243 KB · Views: 367
Wotcha oil thanks for the sharing. I declare this a troll free zone even though trolls don't exist in reality and if they did they sure arent smart enough to drive on the interweb thingy.

I hope to give back to this forum soon too but I haven't been here long enough yet.

Wotcha oil thanks for the sharing. I declare this a troll free zone even though trolls don't exist in reality and if they did they sure arent smart enough to drive on the interweb thingy.

I hope to give back to this forum soon too but I haven't been here long enough yet.

Welcome

Go to the first post , download the Expert advisors and enjoy the experience of automation , trading and a feel for trading a dozen instruments simultaneously.

Manually I mess up try to trade multiple instruments and strategies simultaneously.Mind mixes up a lethal cocktail of strategies,instruments and set ups.Here the expert advisors do it for you without messing up.

Anybody confirm , that indexes are not good for volatility breakout systems?I had a testing report and Dax breakouts were not brilliant , compared to energy and currencies.

Did it already I have been playing around with my own EAs for a few days now. Came up with a nice one for EUR/USD one day a week 2:1 however I won't go live with it till its been throughly tested with live data. I signed up for a demo account with Metatrader but need to put some hours in getting to grips with it. Can only see Forex data.

Did it already I have been playing around with my own EAs for a few days now. Came up with a nice one for EUR/USD one day a week 2:1 however I won't go live with it till its been throughly tested with live data. I signed up for a demo account with Metatrader but need to put some hours in getting to grips with it. Can only see Forex data.

There is only forex data, you have to collect data .

Best solution is to write your strategy in tradestation as you get free data in tradestation.I hired a tradestation programmer to code and test some of my strategies on indexes and stocks.

Make sure you back test over 8 to 10 years.

Reactions: D70
There is only forex data, you have to collect data .

Best solution is to write your strategy in tradestation as you get free data in tradestation.I hired a tradestation programmer to code and test some of my strategies on indexes and stocks.

Make sure you back test over 8 to 10 years.

I let some of those EA in the first post run and yes they did pretty well. The cable seems to take the high and low of between 12ish and 8ish and then places a buy at above the high and a sell order below the low with stops in between. Worked well quickly went through the buy side and I sold at 1.3612 as soon as the upper shadows started to show up in a 5 minute chart as well as additional fluff as I call it. Check this out
www.forexsb.com some free strategy creation software and also a means to plug it into MT4 I got the data from MT4 for the Forex, its based on CET GMT+1 however the free data they offer on forexsb is GMT+2. Pretty good really. Now if you had a EUR/USD H1 data feed then I could really test my theory out. Tested it on a 3 year sample on both the EUR/USD and GBP/USD with equally good results.

I let some of those EA in the first post run and yes they did pretty well. The cable seems to take the high and low of between 12ish and 8ish and then places a buy at above the high and a sell order below the low with stops in between. Worked well quickly went through the buy side and I sold at 1.3612 as soon as the upper shadows started to show up in a 5 minute chart as well as additional fluff as I call it. Check this out
www.forexsb.com some free strategy creation software and also a means to plug it into MT4 I got the data from MT4 for the Forex, its based on CET GMT+1 however the free data they offer on forexsb is GMT+2. Pretty good really. Now if you had a EUR/USD H1 data feed then I could really test my theory out. Tested it on a 3 year sample on both the EUR/USD and GBP/USD with equally good results.

I will test it if it is free sharing E A and is posted, and working correctly.I got data from 2001 to 2008.

It has to be fast testing EA, some of mine take 4 days using quadcore 9,600 gz processors.

O D T

Go to expert advisor on chart ,right click , on inputs and expert advisor properties will read the property settings i.e trade settings

Attachments

• expert adviosor inputs.jpg
    expert adviosor inputs.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 277
Anybody confirm , that indexes are not good for volatility breakout systems?I had a testing report and Dax breakouts were not brilliant , compared to energy and currencies.

Not a programmer, me, but I do remember this thread here, used to be some good contributors at reefcap before it died down, this is an example of a quality thread about mechanical volatility breakout systems on the Australian SPI
index:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040831141136/www.reefcap.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000002.html

From 2000, but still...

Not a programmer, me, but I do remember this thread here, used to be some good contributors at reefcap before it died down, this is an example of a quality thread about mechanical volatility breakout systems on the Australian SPI
index:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040831141136/www.reefcap.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000002.html

From 2000, but still...

Thanks.Appreciate effort.

The strategy tests on the thread are meaningless , unless strategy is known and code is available to see correctness.Sometimes the amateurs do not include spreads or slippage in backtests.

O D T

He did actually include the exact strategy, and he coded the whole thing on tradestation.

Just a simple volatility breakout system where he experimted around with varying sizes of range expansion added to the open as his entries, coupled with various exit strategies, and with back and forward tests etc.

Not exactly an amateur either, Nick Radge used to run a hedge fund with a partner.

Haven't read the whole thing again, so of course no idea if he added transaction costs which of course can turn a sexy backtest into an ogre in real life if not accounted for.

;)

He did actually include the exact strategy, and he coded the whole thing on tradestation.

Just a simple volatility breakout system where he experimted around with varying sizes of range expansion added to the open as his entries, coupled with various exit strategies, and with back and forward tests etc.

Not exactly an amateur either, Nick Radge used to run a hedge fund with a partner.

Haven't read the whole thing again, so of course no idea if he added transaction costs which of course can turn a sexy backtest into an ogre in real life if not accounted for.

;)

It is useful info I was looking for.I will spend time on it .

This was in year 2,000 in times of high dotcom volatility, markets have changed , but I believe he was using a good system.Some systems only traded once a week.Sounds good.

Thanks

O D T

Sure no probs.

If I had half a brain for programming I'd go down that route too.

beach_office.jpg

Seriously, interesting to read about the various mechanical, automated approaches.

One of these days I'd like to have a closer look at data mining.

Sure no probs.

If I had half a brain for programming I'd go down that route too.

beach_office.jpg

Seriously, interesting to read about the various mechanical, automated approaches.

One of these days I'd like to have a closer look at data mining.

I don't , I just hire professionals to do the job.They are worth every penny.

My guy wrote the above for <$500 including supplying 20 testing reports.

Can easily get right programmer to code and test 4 strategies for $2,000 .

O D T

Reactions: BSD

Attachments

• FDAX-Performance-Report-Settings-1.zip
    549.8 KB · Views: 150
I had some back tests done on Dax opening range breakout systems .The period from 2004 to 2010 showed no profitability ,except during the financial crisis in 2008 when volatility increased dramatically.

This was the afternoon session trading breakouts for morning range 8 am to 14.00 C E T , with a 40 point entry (5800+ 40= 5840 for longs)

The results prove the indices are not very volatile , therefore it is not profitable to trade automated breakouts on Dax

Attachments

• dax back tests.jpg
    dax back tests.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 271