Learning profitable automated trading

temporarilylight said:
Appears to be 'working' but the buy and sell limits are miles away from price.

Are you using a 4 digit broker by any chance ?

I had to google what you meant by that term, lol, but yes. I believe I am.
1.5649 gbpusd for example.....?......
says ODL metatrader, which is who Oildaytrader is using?

Go to account history and right click on bold p/l ,save as report statement and post it here

.It took me 10,000 hours and a cost of $200,000 , to develop these EAS

So assuming you spent 8 hours a day doing this and had 4 weeks of holiday each year then it has been nearly 6 years of full time effort. Is that correct ?

Paul

Heres what im looking at at the moment.

I dont know my way around metatrader. Haven't used it in years. Took me long enough to see that 'account history' was under 'view' - 'terminal' !
There haven't been any trades at my end that ive seen. I deleted my account a second ago and re-registered a new one

Attachments

• oillldel.JPG
    oillldel.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 308
So assuming you spent 8 hours a day doing this and had 4 weeks of holiday each year then it has been nearly 6 years of full time effort. Is that correct ?

Paul

Almost 60 to 70 hours a week for last three years.This time includes time spent on other software not posted in this thread.The whole job includes developing and testing custom indicators,exit experts,trade management experts like profit manager expert to manage profits on 30 trading experts,library files and scripts etc

Heres what im looking at at the moment.

I dont know my way around metatrader. Haven't used it in years. Took me long enough to see that 'account history' was under 'view' - 'terminal' !
There haven't been any trades at my end that ive seen. I deleted my account a second ago and re-registered a new one

On currencies we use 3 digit experts, on oil we use 2 digit experts and 4 digit on dax and dow.It appears wrong experts have been loaded

Did you load experts yourself or did you use profiles and click on V2 ent auto trade?

I think I downloaded all the files and put them where the opening post advised, and then went to file - profiles, and selected V2 entertainment auto trade.....?.. what have i done wrong?

Almost 60 to 70 hours a week for last three years.This time includes time spent on other software not posted in this thread.The whole job includes developing and testing custom indicators,exit experts,trade management experts like profit manager expert to manage profits on 30 trading experts,library files and scripts etc

Its definately a lot more work than people realise. 3 years full time, if your prepared to make sacrifices seams to me to be a realistic timeframe, and I cant imagine anyone doing it any faster. With the benefit of hindsight, do you think you could have completed the project any faster, and what would you have done different ?

Its definately a lot more work than people realise. 3 years full time, if your prepared to make sacrifices seams to me to be a realistic timeframe, and I cant imagine anyone doing it any faster. With the benefit of hindsight, do you think you could have completed the project any faster, and what would you have done different ?

Actually it is very simple and straightforward , very much like somebody showing giving the roadmap to a goldmine.The guy whose spirits drew the map took years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7xAwX1KGU4&feature=related

I think I downloaded all the files and put them where the opening post advised, and then went to file - profiles, and selected V2 entertainment auto trade.....?.. what have i done wrong?

Remove all EAS form charts and reset as follows

chart 1 Euro/usd v2 oilfxprocable
chart 2 v2 eur usd oilfxprocable p m
chart 3 gbp usd oilfxprocable
chart 4 bp usd oilfxprocable p m
chart 5 dax v2 oilfxpro dax am
chart 6 wti v2 oilfxprooil
chart 7 dax oilfxpro dax
chart 8 gasoil v2 oilfxpro gasoil
chart 9 ws30 v2 oilfxpro dow
chart 10 usd yen v2 oilfxprocable usd yen
chart 11 euro gbp v2 oilfxprocable egp
chart 12 a p v2 oilfxpro gasoil
chart 13 v2 gold oilfxprodax
chart14 silver oilfxpro cable

after loading save profile as default

Here is the Amarnath Gas blow out expert advisor, named after the infamous hedge fund which blew up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaranth_Advisors

Just load it on gasoil chart and blow up a few demos , pay yourself a huge bonus for doing it .

Use a separate account and learn mistakes of mismanagement of money by hedge funds.

Attachments

• AMARNATH GAS BLOWOUT.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 179
Here is the entertainment educational EAS trades for today

Attachments

• ent eas.gif
    ent eas.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 260
  • ent eas.htm
    150.5 KB · Views: 374
Breakout system profitability depends on market conditions.The best market conditions are when breakout entry price is hit , and price makes a good move of atr.Profitability suffers in choppy markets,and breakout systems can have drawdowns in choppy/mixed markets.

Nice articles on breakouts

Volatility Breakout Systems
Posted By: Linda Bradford Raschke

http://www.traderslog.com/volatility-breakout-systems/

The enemy of breakout systems is a ranging market.If price goes to breakout point and turns, immediately to the otherside of the channel,the system will incur losses.

If using a contrarian syste, selling /buying at breakout point , these contrarian systems have poor profitability, would you run unprofitable systems?If yes , why?

We are having a reasonable day today .Yesterday was profitable.

Just go to post 1 and download entertainment EAS

Imagine a manual trader trading with automated robots trading 50 instruments , systems and set ups simultaenously

Attachments

• ent 18 2.gif
    ent 18 2.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 258
  • ent 18 2.htm
    33.2 KB · Views: 396