laptops YM Trades.

Laptop

Well done, been watching your thread for a while and although you trade different time scale to me you seem to have a feel for it, I might set up my own small side bet account for the YM!

Aside from trading the saying under your name really appeals to me. It seems to sum up my feelings that although I'm trading to get rich I wont be truely rich untill I learn to be content without that wealth. Can you tell me did you make it up yourself or is it a quote from someone a little more famous than yourself.

Good luck for the rest of the day.

I forsee further falls as complacent bulls that haven't exited are squeezed harder and harder.

-200 perhaps for the Dow?

Ste

Last trade..Order filled to sell @ 12575

Short 12575
Stop 70
Target 100.,,,,Target hit

Live Trades to date so far
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.0

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.0

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.0

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.0

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110.0

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-Even trade

13...£1 a point - 24 points = loss £24

14...£2 a point + 52 points = profit £ 104.00

15. Doubled up to £2 out at.Break-Even ..

16..£1 a point..........Break-Even ..Trade...........

17....£1 a point -70 points = loss £70

18..£2 Doubled up Break-Even ..Trade...........

19 .. £2 a point + 100 = profit £200.

Up £1,072. on 19 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £10,720.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $134.000 trading a futures account

Looks good, can you tell me when you started, ie that return is great but if the 19 trades were over 19 years it wouldn't look so great! How many trades do you anticipate each month using your method?

I am going to look to try your adding more method for my futures account and see how it goes. I currently trade one contract (£10pp) so if I lost I'd go 2 contracts I guess. Then from there would it be 3 or 4, ie am I doubling or adding.

In one sentence you mention 'doubling up' which is the same as adding £1pp when you're at £1pp but can you just clarify for a dumbass like me which you intend to use should you ever lose more than one in a row are you going 1,2,3,4,5 or 1,2,4,8,16.

Also do you drop back to £1pp if next trade is a winner or only if next winner is greater than the original loss.

Thanks

Stephen McCreedy

smccreedy said:
Looks good, can you tell me when you started, ie that return is great but if the 19 trades were over 19 years it wouldn't look so great! How many trades do you anticipate each month using your method?
The 19 trades are over the last 30 trading days and all live calls.
smccreedy said:
I am going to look to try your adding more method for my futures account and see how it goes. I currently trade one contract (£10pp) so if I lost I'd go 2 contracts I guess. Then from there would it be 3 or 4, ie am I doubling or adding.
After a loss..i,e 1st trade goes down I add £1, to the next trade / if the 3rd trade goes down add another £1 and so on..until you get a win, then go back to trading £1..so to answer you question, the first trade is like doubling up from £1 to £2, but there after, you only add £1 every time the trade lose.
smccreedy said:
In one sentence you mention 'doubling up' which is the same as adding £1pp when you're at £1pp but can you just clarify for a dumbass like me which you intend to use should you ever lose more than one in a row are you going 1,2,3,4,5 or 1,2,4,8,16.
This is where you got mix up maybe.. I only double up if the trade goes against me. Only in volatile conditions it works about 85% of the time. I add more to the next trade if it goes down.hope hat is clear.
smccreedy said:
Also do you drop back to £1pp if next trade is a winner or only if next winner is greater than the original loss.
Yes, go back the original stake

I also day trade the YM. However, I cannot show them live, but could show the results after my trading day, I may open a new journal, there may be some YM traders who would like to observe other traders where they get in and out of a trade..This is where one would do size over the current method I show, The problem with the current trades is, the stops are to wide. but if one can handle wide stops its ok..but its not for everyone.

The YM day trades stops can be between 18 and 7points one can zoom in for precsion entries and exites, I also double up and revser if I am wrong, this is another part of trading that should be looked at..if you want to make money day trading.

Last edited:
Yeah good idea.

Shame there wasn't a trade2win thread that had an interface to enter live trades more easily.

Just drop down of buy or sell and price and a time stamp or something.

I think live calls are always interesting.

Personally my FTSE and YM trades are too discretionary and fast to make posting live of any use to anyone other than for me to show how I am doing which seems pretty pointless.

I went short of the YM at 12480 and am now around 30 pips out which is far too far considering I only really play for four or five point profit per trade!

It looks stronger and can see more upside in to the close to am really looking for a better price to cover.

Lets hope it comes!

Stephen

smccreedy said:
Yeah good idea.

Shame there wasn't a trade2win thread that had an interface to enter live trades more easily.

Just drop down of buy or sell and price and a time stamp or something.

I think live calls are always interesting.

Personally my FTSE and YM trades are too discretionary and fast to make posting live of any use to anyone other than for me to show how I am doing which seems pretty pointless.

I went short of the YM at 12480 and am now around 30 pips out which is far too far considering I only really play for four or five point profit per trade!

It looks stronger and can see more upside in to the close to am really looking for a better price to cover.

Lets hope it comes!

Stephen
The trans didn't make a new high but the dow did...the trans will lead the dow more often than not. I feel confident you will get out very close to breakeven or for a small 10 pip loss...I seen it many times, a trader going for 5 pips but letting the market get away for 20 to 30 pips..what stops do you use.

I be shorting in to the close on the current signals I have. dont know if that helps you

I'm afraid looks like going higher. What is the 'trans' you refer to I've seen it in many of your posts.

To be honest my stops are discretional and I usually exit if the reason I entered is no longer valid. ie principally I don't like to be the 'wrong' side of the 9sma ie short if it's trading above it. I don't have an arbitary 6 points or 100 points, when it feels wrong I (usually) get out

With the FTSE fut my average win is 3 points and I don't like to take more than a 6 point loss. My win rate is high enough to counter this.

Basically today I've been a victim of my own sucess did well on th FTSE (my principle market) and through 'boredom' entered a short YM trade, added to it when it was in profit and didn't like to take the loss when it moved against me, of course complacency has seem 50 odd points lost in the mean time (correction now 60!)

Glad the mini is only £2.50pp!

Hope you short turns out alright but not looking too good at the mo.

Stephen

rainman2 said:
are you shorting more here???

good trading to you.
what about here....
I only ask because with your track record, I follow your trades blindly.

Attachments

• 2007-03-26_155124-stevie.jpg
    2007-03-26_155124-stevie.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 357
laptop1 said:
The trans didn't make a new high but the dow did...the trans will lead the dow more often than not. I feel confident you will get out very close to breakeven or for a small 10 pip loss...I seen it many times, a trader going for 5 pips but letting the market get away for 20 to 30 pips..what stops do you use.

I be shorting in to the close on the current signals I have. dont know if that helps you

Hi Laptop, I was wondering what the 'trans' is that you refer to?

Hi Steve

It all happen quick..The short was a failed trade ,it was a good place to short,done for the day, lost 12 ticks on that trade looking at the chart..Surprised me the move back up. the

The Trans is called the Dow Transports symbol..$TRAN also I was looking at the symbol MER was also trading weak to the Dow. but NAS was showing strength and this what pulled the Dow up..looking for weakness and strength in the market don't always work, but most time they do. even better when they are all in synch with each other.

Well twelve ticks is gambling with ticks you can 'afford' to lose so no harm done!

My problem, in line with most traders perhaps is I'm slow to take losses.

I am right sometimes 90% in a month and can still see decent profits eroded because I wouldn't cut one loser.

If I can get over that I know I can succeed. That is a big if though.

Stephen

rainman2 said:
what about here....
I only ask because with your track record, I follow your trades blindly.

It was an intraday day play, I was chatting to steve, I said I would short here to the close if I was in a trade. but would have got out. for -12...Its not a postion trade. most of them are based on orders...coming here to spoil are you
It was an intraday day play, I was chatting to steve, I said I would short here to the close if I was in a trade. but would have got out. for -12...Its not a position trade. most of them are based on orders...

Last edited by a moderator:
laptop1 said:
Hi Steve

It all happen quick..The short was a failed trade ,it was a good place to short,done for the day, lost 12 ticks on that trade looking at the chart..Surprised me the move back up. the

The Trans is called the Dow Transports symbol..$TRAN also I was looking at the symbol MER was also trading weak to the Dow. but NAS was showing strength and this what pulled the Dow up..looking for weakness and strength in the market don't always work, but most time they do. even better when they are all in synch with each other.
why do you feel it was a good place to short?(looked like a short squeeze to me)

as for the trans, i thought this is what you were talking about.

Attachments

• 2007-03-26_155921-eddie.jpg
    2007-03-26_155921-eddie.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 223
smccreedy said:
Well twelve ticks is gambling with ticks you can 'afford' to lose so no harm done!

My problem, in line with most traders perhaps is I'm slow to take losses.

I am right sometimes 90% in a month and can still see decent profits eroded because I wouldn't cut one loser.

If I can get over that I know I can succeed. That is a big if though.

Stephen

I pm you later with some ideas for you to get out fo a loosing trades.

rainman2 said:
why do you feel it was a good place to short?(looked like a short squeeze to me)

as for the trans, i thought this is what you were talking about.

rainman
Shows you are inexperience trader, pouncing on a -12 loss...A trader cannot win every time, ho, funny you did not comment on the trade where I made 100 points today...But you do get spoilers coming out to play.

Last edited: