7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-Even trade

13...£1 a point - 24 points = loss £24

14...£2 a point + 52 points = profit £ 104.00

15. Doubled up to £2 out at.Break-Even ..

16..£1 a point..........Break-Even ..Trade...........

17....£1 a point -70 points = loss £70

18..£2 Doubled up Break-Even ..Trade...........

19 .. £2 a point + 100 = profit £200.

Up £1,072. on 19 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £10,720.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $134.000 trading a futures account

Last edited:
laptop1 said:
Live calls over the last 30 trading days update

19 Short £2 @ 12575..Trade running...
Laptop,

would you please explain to me if this trade is open or closed. In post 185, you stated that the target was hit, but now you say its still running.
There have been other cases of inconsistensies such as trade 17 which you closed out at -70 but had stated an 80 point stop as posted in #159

rainman2 said:
Laptop,

would you please explain to me if this trade is open or closed. In post 185, you stated that the target was hit, but now you say its still running.
There have been other cases of inconsistensies such as trade 17 which you closed out at -70 but had stated an 80 point stop as posted in #159

Look at post #175 here
laptop1 said:
New trade..Order in to sell @ 12575
Stop 70
Target 100

I am flat I forgot to update the P&L in post #203..I have know updated it..The trade is flat and plain to see if you look through the post it's easy to follow..

As for the stop 70,,yes it was 80 ... but I got out at a 70 point loss,..thats the only error I done, but lets be fair, all my trades are live and most are based on resting orders in the market. are we going to complain over 10 pips. of over 1000 pips made based on £1.00 a point avr trade.

Thanks I'd appreciate that laptop.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

Incedentally I only exited one of my YM contracts at 12,550 and hung on to the other two. I can now close 25 points lower so I guess that is $500 salvaged.

So annoying seeing a good day turn in to a bad day when I could have gone home at 3pm well up and ahead of target for the week.

Stephen

Hi Laptop -- great trading again.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the symbol MER for ?

smccreedy said:
Thanks I'd appreciate that laptop.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

Incedentally I only exited one of my YM contracts at 12,550 and hung on to the other two. I can now close 25 points lower so I guess that is $500 salvaged.

So annoying seeing a good day turn in to a bad day when I could have gone home at 3pm well up and ahead of target for the week.

Stephen
No worries I PM you later been very out most of the day today

klw said:
Hi Laptop -- great trading again.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the symbol MER for ?
MER (Merrill Lynch Stock)....but dont use it on its own.

laptop1 said:
No Live postion trades today. However I have posted a chart of the ER2.these are the trades I placed today.
http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...t.net&symbol=ERU0706&duration=2d&frequency=1m

Thanks for posting that chart Laptop -- some interesting info. there. The 2 that catch my eye is the short just after 11.00 where you are trying to anticipate the top. I take it that you had the previous high in mind at 10.12 approx. when you were trying to judge entry and then the stop and reverse just after on the high up bar at 11.05 approx. you would have to be lightning quick to get the long on woulden't you ?

I have never traded ER2, any particular reason for it over YM or mini SP for instance ?

The trade didn't go down today, but no damage, only around 10 ticks out of the money as of writing this...The trouble with this trading is. the big stops. However, the results are not bad over the last 19 trades.

I am thinking of knocking this thread on the head and open a ER2 journal. but sadly I cannot show the ER2 trades live dew to the nature of the trades..However, 80% of my day trades are market orders. Can be in a trade from 3 to 20 mins, stops are from 5 to 9 ticks. It works well. Does anyone else trade the ER2?

Anyway, Today ER2 trades. I decide to spend some time in the garden, so traded later in the day, the last 3 hours here is the chart.
http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...t.net&symbol=ERU0706&duration=2d&frequency=3m

laptop1 said:
The trade didn't go down today, but no damage, only around 10 ticks out of the money as of writing this...The trouble with this trading is. the big stops. However, the results are not bad over the last 19 trades.

I am thinking of knocking this thread on the head and open a ER2 journal. but sadly I cannot show the ER2 trades live dew to the nature of the trades..However, 80% of my day trades are market orders. Can be in a trade from 3 to 20 mins, stops are from 5 to 9 ticks. It works well. Does anyone else trade the ER2?

Anyway, Today ER2 trades. I decide to spend some time in the garden, so traded later in the day, the last 3 hours here is the chart.
http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...t.net&symbol=ERU0706&duration=2d&frequency=3m

That would be a shame if you did Laptop I and I am sure many others have enjoyed this thread and I am definately learning bits all the time from it and have at least a couple of valuable tools to add to my trading amoury as a result of this. It takes large cahunas :LOL: to post live calls successfully which you did.

I don't trade ER2 but have started looking at it since you metioned it and showed your trades and again it is helping my trading to improve so yes I would be interested if you started a thread on that.

Anyway good luck to you in whatever you decide but somehow I don't think you need it.

Laptop

A new ER2 thread would be great and don't worry about not being able to post in real time.

I think sometimes this can make people lazy, maybe by posting delayed but explaining your reason for entry or exit might help readers to learn more than by copying alone.

If you do well expect some knockers to say it's not live but then you have no one to lie to but yourself so who cares.

I don't trade the ER2 but am looking at it, currently trade the YM on ecbot and the FTSE Fut on liffe.

Good luck if you go with this, I was thinking of doing the same with my discretionary FTSE Fut system maybe more to keep me on track than to show others the way!

I do believe logging your trades and emotions during those trades can bring clarity to your approach. Often I've written I feel uncomfortable in a trade or something along those lines, by the time I re read it I know what I need to to and do it. I doubt I would have exited without seeing my own thoughts telling me to.

The only problem is when you trade short horizons posting especially with charts too can end up getting in the way.

Good luck and have a good weekend, sun is out and I recharged over lunchtime in the garden.

Thanks for the pm help too, I've been working along those lines but you brough clarity to my thinking and some more determinable rules to work too.

Stephen McCreedy

laptop1 said:
Short at the close tonight at 12578

Short 12578
Stop 100
Target 170
.........................................................................................................................

hi laptop,

just checking, are you still in this trade?