Keeping fit guys ?

He no doubt got bored rather than ran out of steam or stamina???

Appreciate distinction between different sports and being sport fit and just fit. Body adapts. Basketball players are very fit and I wouldn't expect long distance runners to be able to keep up with the stop/starts. By the same account I'd doubt basketball players can run for long distances non stop, even though they may cover miles on court literally.

Personally, cycling up and down South Downs with thighs screaming pain, lungs bursting for oxygen, I've felt my heart pounding in my chest as I subsequently head back down hill and ease off the pedals.

However, having read some articles about fit men in their 50s having heart attacks, don't push it so hard anymore.

May not be an expert but I've had some taxing circuit training sessions before and find that beep test comical.

Maybe you and hhiusa can do a fitness challenge against each other:cheesy:

Atilla thinks he is a blond Aryan type but in reality probably a typically overweight middle aged white American

(n)

Had to share this great keep fit cycling pic... :cool:

If you notice none of these riders are above their BMI metrics... :idea:

r

Had to share this great keep fit cycling pic... :cool:

If you notice none of these riders are above their BMI metrics... :idea:

r

They are probably in Africa but could be headed for the Chunnel and if they get there in say 2 months I expect the French will have still done next to nothing to clear the Calais side ! Allez up froggies. Getting over the fact of a Brit winning Le Tour

:)

Last edited:
He is certainly top of the class and another 1st for the USA in nonsense and bull.
I see Congress is thinking of being generous on the minimum wage if any. It's going up from $7.50 per hour to about $8 !! So mean, can you believe it ? !!

:)

Of course mental health is so important. This is the precursor to physical health. Sloppy attitudes maketh the slob.
One needs to tailor make one's attitude to one's circumstances. There is no size fits all. Start by achieving smallish things and build up.

Last edited:
Lots of cyclists in colourful lycra around here. None of them are over weight. Must be all that pedalling.