Keeping fit guys ?

And there's a physiological weakness! I cut out all refined sugar 7 years ago - oh sure it took a year for craving for chocolate to go. OH, and I don't count alcohol ! But I haven't eaten processed sugar in 7 years...

Now days when I don't cycle and I want a good work out, I walk 3m to Lancing and back over pebbles carrying a 10kg ruck sack. That gets me sweating and breathing just about right level to make it taxing. Feels FANTASTIC too in all types of weather, sunshine or wind with the waves splashing near by. With the MP3 on it's just simply great.

Walking on pebbles, similar to sand softens the steps impact on joints. Whilst making it more taxing and tiring moving off.

The ruck sack & weight works the upper body with the side to side motion. There is also inclines and big boulder rocks to climb over every 50 yards or so.

Crazy thing is we have Splash point fitness centre right by the sea front where people pretend to be riding bikes, walking and running on machines. :-0

How stupid does someone have to be???? If that wasn't enough they've built another at Lancing.

The great out doors in front of your nose and some people want to be on artificial machines smelling other peoples body odour. AND to pay for the privilege. :LOL:

Gym circuits late morning 3-4 times a week. I have live prices on my iPhone and check prices as and when

Yes, I see you guys doing that. :D I get into the gym at 0700 and am out at 0900-

Gym's for gym and trading desk for trading!

And there's a physiological weakness! I cut out all refined sugar 7 years ago - oh sure it took a year for craving for chocolate to go. OH, and I don't count alcohol ! But I haven't eaten processed sugar in 7 years...

I heard on radio 4 that its white sugar one should drop. Like ground up glass in the gut they said. So that went into the bin.

I gotta special 3 for 2 on malt extract with cod liver oil from Boots.

Getting personal now. :cheesy:

Health Stats...

BMI = 27.2 - should be 25.0 or below. Nurse said I looked muscular :cool: so just borderline. I need to lose 6 kg.

Blood Pressure = 124/85 Average over many readings
Need to watch the lower number. Some readings around 90 - Diastolic
Pulse rate = 65 ish at rest - average over many readings

Diabetes = 8.1 taken after lunch
Diabetes = 5.1 before breakfast
Need to watch as borderline.

Cholesterol ratio (TC/HDL) = 2.1
No worries here... yet ;)

:cool:

A neighbour owns one. I hate the damned thing. It runs up to me, gets on its hind legs, wraps its paws around one of my legs and tries to get a cheap thrill out of me. The owner thinks it cute but I know what a knee trembler is when I see one.

:LOL:

Getting personal now. :cheesy:

Health Stats...

BMI = 27.2 - should be 25.0 or below. Nurse said I looked muscular :cool: so just borderline. I need to lose 6 kg.

Blood Pressure = 124/85 Average over many readings
Need to watch the lower number. Some readings around 90 - Diastolic
Pulse rate = 65 ish at rest - average over many readings

Diabetes = 8.1 taken after lunch
Diabetes = 5.1 before breakfast
Need to watch as borderline.

Cholesterol ratio (TC/HDL) = 2.1
No worries here... yet ;)

:cool:
when i was at work a couple of yrs ago i went for a healthscreen.i aint got a clue what the readings were but i exlained that i loved butter cream and chocolate bars(stopped em now)the nurse checked cholesterol bp etc and it was all good-she couldnt believe it-i dont smoke and have very little alcohol.i do play a lot of sports but im not sure if that helps-my dad had a heart attack at 50 but is in his 70s now.who knows whats around the corner though.ive started eating a lot of pasta with extra virgin olive all for the record.

when i was at work a couple of yrs ago i went for a healthscreen.i aint got a clue what the readings were but i exlained that i loved butter cream and chocolate bars(stopped em now)the nurse checked cholesterol bp etc and it was all good-she couldnt believe it-i dont smoke and have very little alcohol.i do play a lot of sports but im not sure if that helps-my dad had a heart attack at 50 but is in his 70s now.who knows whats around the corner though.ive started eating a lot of pasta with extra virgin olive all for the record.

Over 40 - health checks recommended.

Over 50 - health checks a necessary must to head off any excesses.

(y)

sugar is very addictive....try to stop it and see what happens to you.....I cannot drink coffee with sugar, it is just disgusting.....once you drink a few times without, I doubt you will go back, coffee is marvellously bitter...

Lost 3 1/2 stone since Christmas on my home grown water diet ( drink some juice or other when feeling hungry ). Feeling better.

pasta is delicious especially when I cook it........:sleep:, but it can be fatty (carbo), never have pasta (primo) in the evening and when you do have little....followed by protein (secondo) with salad.

sugar is very addictive....try to stop it and see what happens to you.....I cannot drink coffee with sugar, it is just disgusting.....once you drink a few times without, I doubt you will go back, coffee is marvellously bitter...

Thats what happened to me as well i cant drink it with sugar anymore ...

My fav drink is hot choc which is very sweet but i can drink a good coffee without sugar no problem.ive stopped buying cream as i was having about 5 cups of coffee per day with cream.(n)

:LOL: worth a re-watch, not off-topic but very appropriate I reckon :LOL:

Lost 3 1/2 stone since Christmas on my home grown water diet ( drink some juice or other when feeling hungry ). Feeling better.

Juice is sugary try a salad instead ...