Justice

I would say this one man up front was probably his call during the world cup too as he was the ones on the sidelines shouting all the instructions. Sven sat there with his head in his hands.

True. Add to this that Sven didn't coach training sessions while Mnager of England........so what the hell did that Tefal head do as Manager exactly?

True. Add to this that Sven didn't coach training sessions while Mnager of England........so what the hell did that Tefal head do as Manager exactly?

If the results are anything to go by - he hadn't got the time or energy - too busy bonking and counting the wads of cash. More fun than work I guess. Pick us a winner FA or get outa the way

The problem now is that the FA have been charged with finding the best man for the job but the sad fact is that none of the best men are remotely interested in taking on such a severely poisoned chalice.

Who can blame them ?

The UK press are a big part in why some top coaches avoid the job. That lot are always waiting....:devilish:

The UK press are very vociferous yes, and quite vicious with it too.

But we must not forget that the major reason for this is because we have an incredibly incompetent set of players and the last 2 managers ( or is it 3 or 4 ? ) have also been incredibly incompetent too.

Add to this a set of useless cretins who run the FA and you have the perfect recipe for total failure.

The chances of these morons selecting the right man next time is tending towards zero.

Are you really surprised that the press are so aggressive in this matter ?

The UK press are very vociferous yes, and quite vicious with it too.

But we must not forget that the major reason for this is because we have an incredibly incompetent set of players and the last 2 managers ( or is it 3 or 4 ? ) have also been incredibly incompetent too.

Add to this a set of useless cretins who run the FA and you have the perfect recipe for total failure.

The chances of these morons selecting the right man next time is tending towards zero.

Are you really surprised that the press are so aggressive in this matter ?

I think we have the players.

Press and approach to national football and ultimately management is bad. Venebles was good but not sure what happ with corruption or fraud?

We do have the players just don't use them in the right combination or way suitable for our strengths and I'm not talking about the long ball.

I think we have the players.

Just cannot agree.

Look at the performance in the last World Cup and in the Euro qualifiers.

The players were useless on a consistent basis.

They only perform against much lesser teams.

When they play against "real" teams they always fail.

Look also at the players of Italy, France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil , Croatia etc....

Compare them to our players individually or as a team.

England cannot match these countries in any way at all.

Don't just blame the coach or manager....blame the players too.

The only reason the Premiership is as good as it is is because of the overseas players raising the quality.

We do not have the players at all......they are sub-standard soiled goods....nancy boys too...overpaid chavs whatever

Watching them play is boring as all hell.

Watching the teams mentioned above play is a joy.

Last edited:
Press and approach to national football and ultimately management is bad.

Would you therefore advocate censorship of the press in order to spare the feelings of the little boys who purport to play for England ?

Just cannot agree.

Look at the performance in the last World Cup and in the Euro qualifiers.

The players were useless on a consistent basis.

They only perform against much lesser teams.

When they play against "real" teams they always fail.

Look also at the players of Italy, France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil , Croatia etc....

Compare them to our players individually or as a team.

England cannot match these countries in any way at all.

Don't just blame the coach or manager....blame the players too.

The only reason the Premiership is as good as it is is because of the overseas players raising the quality.

We do not have the players at all......they are sub-standard soiled goods....nancy boys too...overpaid chavs whatever

Watching them play is boring as all hell.

Watching the teams mentioned above play is a joy.

Atilla the great took on the Roman empire at it's height with 30,000 men and defeated an advanced 50,000 heavily armed and equipped troops, thousands of miles from home with all the logistics that go into fighting wars. He was a great leader and strategic commander. History that has tought me not to be over whelmed by odds or opponents if the right approach to any obstacle is used...

We do have the players and we have had some very good managers like Robson, Venables and Sven too but do remember we lost countless times on penalties and don't forget the Hand of God before you get carried away with turning your cannons on to our players which is what the press do as a mathematical formulae.

The players get paid too much yes but I do believe we have the skill but lack the system, organisation and leadership.

I think Germans are so resolute whether winning or losing their system approach and temperament doesn't change. They know the score - it's drilled in to them. They play on as if nothing has changed. If they lose they lost. It's only a game after all. Not war as the media here seems to think so.

I don't believe any International side is special and they can all be beaten.

This needs to come from the top down. We need a robust clear strong minded leader to organise, implement and inspire the team to a winning formation.

I do think we should have an English manager. It is National football we are talking about here.

As for the FA their primary objective should be about improving and playing good football not paying a £10m to a foreign manager that might win them a trophy.

Alan Shearer has been mentioned and I think he should be given a chance. He doesn't seem to be like other over-hyped football players.

Would you therefore advocate censorship of the press in order to spare the feelings of the little boys who purport to play for England ?

The press blaming the players is like a housewife blaming the husband for using the wrong tools for the DIY job. NAG NAG NAG... :cheesy:

Who watches and selects the players?

Who plans the tactic and approach to the match?

Who gives playes direction and instruction?

The press always knows best and speak the truth... I wouldn't cencor them no but I would put a smelly football sock in their gobs... :LOL:

Alan Shearer has been mentioned and I think he should be given a chance. He doesn't seem to be like other over-hyped football players.

Atilla - I'm stunned. You would really offer the best paid international managers job in the world to a TV pundit with no management experience, domestic or international? Just because he's English?

Why on earth? Are you happier that we haven't qualified for the Euro's but stuck with an English manager, rather than qualifying with a foreigner?

There are no good English managers - or none up to that job, IMHO. McClaren got it because of the senseless clamour for an Englishman, coupled with a short run of form at Boro that papered over his inadequacies. Heads should roll at the FA for such incompetence.

Why is it good enough for Brazil?

UTB

I think the players and the press deserve each other.

Alan Shearer would be a disastrous appointment as will any appointment for that matter.

The players are just not good enough.

They only seem to play well for their clubs when they play alongside superior overseas players.

Anyway, if you believe the press ( and you would do well not to ) there are only 2 interested parties.

Capello and Klinnsmann.

I don't really think we need an English manager but I also believe that we could not stomach a German manager.

The FA need to kidnap Mourinho and force the little sod to sign a contract. He seems to have universal approval except from the anglophiles.

I think the players and the press deserve each other.

Alan Shearer would be a disastrous appointment as will any appointment for that matter.

The players are just not good enough.

They only seem to play well for their clubs when they play alongside superior overseas players.

Anyway, if you believe the press ( and you would do well not to ) there are only 2 interested parties.

Capello and Klinnsmann.

I don't really think we need an English manager but I also believe that we could not stomach a German manager.

The FA need to kidnap Mourinho and force the little sod to sign a contract. He seems to have universal approval except from the anglophiles.

The players are not nearly as good as they, and the public, believe. We've been hipnotised by money and confused it with talent. Because Lampard gets £100K per week and tonnes of media coverage, he must be good, no?

But having said all that, a decent manager would have qualified from that group. We would then be looking foward to getting knocked out by Sweden on panalties, in the quarter finals.:LOL:

UTB

PS - I'd have a German manager if he were good enough. I think there's something in their make up that makes them better at it. Let's wait until after the Euro's and see who's available.

Apparently Arsenic Wenger is advising Brains Barwick on the new appointment....that's if you believe the press of course.

The players are not nearly as good as they, and the public, believe. We've been hipnotised by money and confused it with talent. Because Lampard gets £100K per week and tonnes of media coverage, he must be good, no?

But having said all that, a decent manager would have qualified from that group. We would then be looking foward to getting knocked out by Sweden on panalties, in the quarter finals.:LOL:

UTB

PS - I'd have a German manager if he were good enough. I think there's something in their make up that makes them better at it. Let's wait until after the Euro's and see who's available.

We have too many foreign managers and too many foreign players and then wonder why we don't have any suitable English managers and players.

The whole industry is hell bent on simply winning whilst forgetting the football. If we build the foundations for football right and enjoy it the winning will follow naturally.

I'm talking about building a legacy of football for the whole country and nation. FA are not looking for a suitable manager but looking at a quick fix to buy talent that will give them a trophy... We had Sven and look what was done to him.

Don't know what became of him in the last World Cup but in retrospect I think he had a McClaren attack or something.

Personaly I don't care much for winning trophies and yes I would prefer a National side all inclusive. And I'm not against immigrants and on the contrary for them and free movement of labour. If clubs employ foreign players and then participate in teh European Champions league it makes a mockery of the whole system. I support Arsenal but what does Arsenal winning the European Champions cup tell me about British football?

If you employ a foreigner in a national side it's not a national team is it? :idea: :!: :idea: I am not an Anglophiles in the negative sense of the word as I believe the same rule should apply to all other national sides purely on principal.

The driving factor should be a national side that plays and enjoys football and raises the health and fitness and well being of all participants.

FA that builds are structure for developing youngsters to engage in technical football instead of hanging around street corners.

I would like to see 6 a side courts for football and basketball in every neighbour hood where youngsters can play. Football coaches that train youngsters after school. Council and government spend a fortune on crime and antisocial behaviour. Why not channel it to something that will improve health and fitness, reduce obesity and keep youngsters out of mischief. :!:

If we want football to come home to us we need to build a home for it first not rent a caravan...

I'm talking about building a legacy here :!:

You are also dreaming.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one.

John Lennon

Maybe... I hear you Yacarob but we (I) live in hope...

Leaders are supposed have long term vision and lead.

People do the easy thing not the difficult.

What is the point of having a sport minister if they don't deliver clear well defined strategic goals - :cheesy:

We have too many foreign managers and too many foreign players and then wonder why we don't have any suitable English managers and players.

The whole industry is hell bent on simply winning whilst forgetting the football. If we build the foundations for football right and enjoy it the winning will follow naturally.

I'm talking about building a legacy of football for the whole country and nation. FA are not looking for a suitable manager but looking at a quick fix to buy talent that will give them a trophy... We had Sven and look what was done to him.

Don't know what became of him in the last World Cup but in retrospect I think he had a McClaren attack or something.

Personaly I don't care much for winning trophies and yes I would prefer a National side all inclusive. And I'm not against immigrants and on the contrary for them and free movement of labour. If clubs employ foreign players and then participate in teh European Champions league it makes a mockery of the whole system. I support Arsenal but what does Arsenal winning the European Champions cup tell me about British football?

If you employ a foreigner in a national side it's not a national team is it? :idea: :!: :idea: I am not an Anglophiles in the negative sense of the word as I believe the same rule should apply to all other national sides purely on principal.

The driving factor should be a national side that plays and enjoys football and raises the health and fitness and well being of all participants.

FA that builds are structure for developing youngsters to engage in technical football instead of hanging around street corners.

I would like to see 6 a side courts for football and basketball in every neighbour hood where youngsters can play. Football coaches that train youngsters after school. Council and government spend a fortune on crime and antisocial behaviour. Why not channel it to something that will improve health and fitness, reduce obesity and keep youngsters out of mischief. :!:

If we want football to come home to us we need to build a home for it first not rent a caravan...

I'm talking about building a legacy here :!:

Lots of good points here imho At.
As they used to say - participating is the main thing - not winning at any cost