Justice

As Paxo said on Newsnight last night despite giving the world the game, we can't play it. The thing is, England has to forget this idea they are one of the best in world in football:LOL: English people are funny that way. They are clearly nowhere near the best and haven't been for quiet a bit. I travel to Italy a lot. The people there are passionate about football, but they also genuinly believe they can win. In England, you know people know England are rubbish but still tell themsleves they can win. Can you imagine how much b'ollocks we would have been subjected to if they qualified? The first thing we need to do is get real. Football ain't our thing, it really isn't.

It's all a bit like trading - "trade the plan".

With England you might well ask "What plan?" as you watched the players scurry around the pitch without any obvious game plan (unless you regard hopeful high ball punts upfield as a plan :devilish: ). Second half was a good example - Beckham brought on to provide some telling crosses despite his diminishing fitness and he does just that with the Crouch goal. What happens then? Is he fed the ball at every opportunity to repeat the dose? Is he hell. Instead he's starved of the ball as the England players spend all their time farting about on the opposite flank with their boot and hope.............And the manager just looked on :devilish: These are a bunch of good players with a few at international standard - that they seem so cluless is down to the manager.

Alf Ramsay proved that if you got eleven players playing as a team to a clear plan they could excel when he brought a third division side (Ipswich) through the leagues to win the First Division (premiership now). And then he did the same with England in 1966 even if it meant leaving out more talented players (Jimmy Greaves) who didn't fit into the planned approach as well.

grumble, grumble

jon

Alf Ramsay proved that if you got eleven players playing as a team to a clear plan they could excel when he brought a third division side (Ipswich) through the leagues to win the First Division (premiership now). And then he did the same with England in 1966 even if it meant leaving out more talented players (Jimmy Greaves) who didn't fit into the planned approach as well.

grumble, grumble

jon

I know this sounds daft, but other than the world cup:eek: , Alf Ramsay's record was pretty cack wasn't it?

I think we've always been much worse than we like to believe, Russian linesmen apart. Our ability to trumpet English players well beyond their abilities stand in the way of us doing anything about it, other than continually blaming managers. McClaren was rubbish mind.

UTB

PS - that wasn't an invite to start a "what have the Roman's done for us" debate :)

...............I know this sounds daft, but other than the world cup:eek: , Alf Ramsay's record was pretty cack wasn't it?.................
QUOTE]

blades

Depends how you look at it - much of his work with England was developmental in the sense of drilling in the planned approach and experimenting to find the best set of players to deliver it. Rather like Clive Woodward, he had the ultimate goal clearly in mind and he delivered that successfully Russian linesmen or not :D

The manager has four key repsonsibilities:

1. To devise the tactical approach
2. To gather a group of players best suited to that tactical approach.
3. To motivate the players to play to that tactical approach.
4. To instil confidence in the players and a will to succeeed.

I wouldn't give McClaren high marks for any of those.

jon

Becks for Captain - Posh for manager

England players hurting - Beckham

Beckham says he is not retiring from international football
David Beckham has insisted England's millionaire footballers are suffering badly after their Euro 2008 qualification exit.
Responding to the suggestion England players do not care enough, Beckham said: "There are some people out there who will say that.

"But trust me, there is a lot of hurt in that dressing room at the moment.

"It doesn't matter how much money you earn, how many houses or cars you've got. When you lose, it hurts."

See - he really is a caring sort of fellow lol

Beckham is a w***er, period.

As are the rest of those fakes.

I recall after the last World Cup that Frank Lampard said we should give more respect to the England team.

F**kb**l**k*sH1tc**pmot**rf*****gw****rc**ttw*t

Forgive me Father

England's group was arguably the easiest to qualify from - how would they have fared if they were in Scotlands group?

Never mind tho'...if England get to host the 2112 world cup then they automatically qualify...or will they **** that up as well..lol

maybe they need to think about performance related pay? One could argue that they have had to perform to get to professional levels ,but maybe theres an elememnt of , so what , we get good money anyway. ?

Especially with todays new cycles of money for nothin now hitting the global scenes. Im looking deep, is it their attitude I mean OR their ability ? Maybe this non performance is just a manifestation of a lack of willingness to perform as group winners due to harbouring some deep routed disgust for ? the manager?

Have england got the players ? do the quality players exist in the UK today ? and is it the managers fault for picking a **** team ? ..... apart from pub sports already mentioned, we always tend to watch our sportsmen and women generally thinking, "I hope their glass jaw dont get hit, else its all over"

hey, maybe the rest of the worlds just got better ?

Also, what I've noticed is that with football in this country our players never look totally comfortable having the ball.

Sure the odd exceptions, but its not sexy, they are not making love with the ball , like some countries do. Look at croatia,last night for example, caressing foot interplay with the big STIFF BALL.... :) dancing with it, running with it, turning with, no what I mean. ? ball feet, feet ball = football.

We get it and its, ohh ****, ticking time bomb, hoof it out the way......

Even if england had one of those balls with elastic on attached to their feet , they'd still end up with it in the back of their own net. Probably with the dumb players boot still attached to it. ! come on england, come on england..... hello, hello, wheres everyone gone..?

[
......Good.......We can concentrate on Cricket now.......!!

Those t-ossers are just as bad.

Also, what I've noticed is that with football in this country our players never look totally comfortable having the ball.

No, but they look totally comfortable having A ball.

I recall after the last World Cup that Frank Lampard said we should give more respect to the England team.

Forgive me Father

che pezzo di merda ieri sera, le giocatore non se ne frega un cazzo ;)

does Englands exit mean we will not have to see chavs flying those poxy st-george flags from their cars?
yippeee.

will Max Factors profits fall what with those nancy-boy, crypto-transexuals not having an excuse to put make-up on in public?
double-yippeee.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its not football that I hate, its those fat, blubbery, wheezing no-hopers who say things like "WE won", or "WE woz robbed by those Ruskie linesmen".
"WE"? No. football is played, at least by THEM, that small group of hand-picked athletes who eat well, exercise, and can run 100m without breaking a sweat.
am I ranting? oh well.
also, I prefer to wear Brazils colours. (Socrates, Rivelino, Zico, Aldair; truly world-class) its no big deal. its no excuse to get all tribal and act like t0ssers. grow up.

EDIT: that ;ast sentence was aimed at the unsavoury numb-skulls that frequent pubs, not aimed at T2W readers!!

I just think £100k per week + token sex goddess sat in bed in mansion wating for you to finish your 2 hour working day = a cozy lifestyle, and is not condusive to breeding ambition and hunger into human beings, as the players have it all anyway, and don't really need the hassle of playing for England......hence international retirements at 29 etc....Flying half way across Europe to be subject of a media frenzy, to kick footballs round all day, or in bed with the calendar girl Mrs, its a tough one isn't it....I don't blame the players for retiring from England duty either - in their positions, I'd probably do the same, relax, enjoy the free time, and lower the stress levels.

Beckham IMO is one of the few class players & decent people, who is capable of moving up and down his gears, playing with bravery, urgency, honesty, taking responsibility etc. (when he feels like it!), also Peter Crouch - Englands best player over the last 2 years..... I can't think of many other players who fit into their category - maybe John Terry, Alan Smith also.......

A £2 million payoff ain't bad though is it :rolleyes:

I look at the England football team and see a squad of boys. I look at the England rugby team and see a squad of men.

Last edited:
I think we have the players but management is crap.

This one man up front was probably McClaren's idea and it failed miserably during the world cup. Why on earth he would play it again is beyond me.

You have Beckham and Cole on each side with the ability to pin-point crosses to who. One man. Crouch. He was good but why not two.

Is there any other side that plays one man up front football?

STUPID EFFING **** HEAD MCCLAREN.

I would say this one man up front was probably his call during the world cup too as he was the ones on the sidelines shouting all the instructions. Sven sat there with his head in his hands.

We do have skill and ability but just don't use it in a right way.

I concur with Barjon's post on managements responsibilities.

Also, how many times has that dork changed the side? ****** gets a 2.5m pay out too. Worlds gone nuts. :confused: :devilish:

Forgive me Father

Demonstrating freedom of speech and reducing the level of comment as usual!
I have to say I also totally disagree.
I do wonder why on earth Frank Lampard & Gerard were put on the same pitch again. Why a brand new goalkeeper & why not a 442 from the start.
I always thought best form of defnce was attack!!

I just think £100k per week + token sex goddess sat in bed in mansion wating for you to finish your 2 hour working day = a cozy lifestyle, and is not condusive to breeding ambition and hunger into human beings, as the players have it all anyway, and don't really need the hassle of playing for England......hence international retirements at 29 etc....Flying half way across Europe to be subject of a media frenzy, to kick footballs round all day, or in bed with the calendar girl Mrs, its a tough one isn't it....I don't blame the players for retiring from England duty either - in their positions, I'd probably do the same, relax, enjoy the free time, and lower the stress levels.

Beckham IMO is one of the few class players & decent people, who is capable of moving up and down his gears, playing with bravery, urgency, honesty, taking responsibility etc. (when he feels like it!), also Peter Crouch - Englands best player over the last 2 years..... I can't think of many other players who fit into their category - maybe John Terry, Alan Smith also.......

A £2 million payoff ain't bad though is it :rolleyes:

I look at the England football team and see a squad of boys. I look at the England rugby team and see a squad of men.

quite right JT. Paid so much and produce so little.

EDIT: that ;ast sentence was aimed at the unsavoury numb-skulls that frequent pubs, not aimed at T2W readers!!

****where can I hide*****

I hang my head in utter shame, but I frequent pubs. Where do I seek help?

UTB

I note that Benitez has registered an interest in the job now.

God help us.

There are not enough English players on the planet to satisfy the requirements of his rotational system.