JDTRADER - Forex Spreadbetting Journal

How do you rate JDTRADER ?

• Total voters
Re: JDTRADER £97 to Financial Freedom

Yeah Baby a winning trade on the FTSE, well 20p lol :LOL:

Problem I'm having in my mind is that I'm not making that trade when its needed.

By that I mean I'm a novice and set my charts and when the trades come on a Buy/Sell signal but I have self doubt. Self doubt as in I'm getting the entries right and I think

"Ok its hit but lets make sure"

Rather than

Yep its hit trade, instead of missing pips.

Today trading conservative protecting entries with stops when they go positive. I'll take a scratch or a run.

Example today FTSE

Went to 5231 confirmed Sell signal at 5230 my entry 5224
Put on protective stop at 5222. It came back to 5225 nearly 5226 and fell to 5006
If I trusted my judgement I would of been in at 5230 protect stop 5228 the rebound would of missed my stop and I get the extra pips

YES JD TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT !
YES YOU WILL LOSE TRADES BUT YOU WILL WIN TO

TRADE (y):eek:nline2lo

EUR/USD
Looking at a SELL entry at 1.2831 Thursday R line

or

SELL if S is broken at 1.2814

FTSE

To choppy for an entry for me today so I'll stay out.

Got no clear BUY/SELL targets for me plus its kicked my bum thisc week so I'll have a go next week

5148 will I be right ?

Just EUR/USD for me now today

EUR/USD SELL 1.28141 TP stop 1.28125 +£0.16

mmm should of waited before protecting entry falling

TO CONSERVATIVE :|

FTSE

looking at it again I see a down trend line and a pattern if it hits my sell signal I'll trade the confirmation

Problem I'm having in my mind is that I'm not making that trade when its needed.

By that I mean I'm a novice and set my charts and when the trades come on a Buy/Sell signal but I have self doubt. Self doubt as in I'm getting the entries right and I think

"Ok its hit but lets make sure"

Rather than

Yep its hit trade, instead of missing pips.

Today trading conservative protecting entries with stops when they go positive. I'll take a scratch or a run.

Example today FTSE

Went to 5231 confirmed Sell signal at 5230 my entry 5224
Put on protective stop at 5222. It came back to 5225 nearly 5226 and fell to 5006
If I trusted my judgement I would of been in at 5230 protect stop 5228 the rebound would of missed my stop and I get the extra pips

YES JD TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT !
YES YOU WILL LOSE TRADES BUT YOU WILL WIN TO

TRADE (y):eek:nline2lo

Just to add to this yesterday I put entries in on emotion trading and let them run but only to the fact that I looked at my charts and thought, well I know it won't go higher than here so wait for the reversal. Which I did and my charts were a great comfort to see the trades go positive as I charted.

If my balance was bigger I would of put protective stops and let them run further but I want to build this small balance so closed for profit. There is always another day. :cool:

EUR/USD BUY 1.27745 stop 1.27550 -£1.95

Thought I was catching a small reverse

EUR/USD BUY 1.27692 stop 1.27400 -£2.92

Last edited:

FTSE SELL 5201.5 stop 5205.5 -£0.35

tight stop, to tight

FTSE SELL 5199.3 stop 5197.0 +£0.23

Last edited:

I'm back on the sell side

EUR/USD
SELL 1.27305 TP stop 1.21760 +£1.03
SELL 1.27117 TP stop 1.27090 +£1.55

Last edited:

Smart Live Markets

Took the decision to close this account, WHY

Great site but think I'm to used to Oanda set up. One click trades with the stops, take profit, trailing stops and % of account to trade with one click of the mouse.
SLM had to enter info in stages plus the charts are ok but I think Oanda's are better.

So even though Its a pain in the bum getting funds on and off (£10 charge to withdraw) the platform wins for me. Think SLM is more for the automated trader.

SLM great customer service and nice site but back to my original plan and off to Oanda.

Took the £97 to £107.24 :drunk:

Last edited:

THURSDAY 19TH AUGUST 2010
Oanda -
I was going to trade on Oanda but I have had problems getting funds on the account in the past. So Monday I sent a test deposit of £10 to make sure I got the deposit process right.

As now I'm on Smart Live Markets I'll just trade the £10, I opened a SELL long term position.

EUR/USD SELL 1.2807 stop 1.3057 TP 1.2200
£0.04 per pip

OANDA

Well the deposit went fine, at last I got it right to fund Oanda.

Put in a 48pip trailing stop to lock in profit.

Another thing I like on Oanda is I can track trades on my iPhone with Oanda App. See prices, positions and trade ( But I won't trade from the phone). Great to watch open trades on the move.

While I await the funds from SLM (3-5 days) I just sent £7 to Oanda just to make sure my deposits are working two in a row.

My short on EUR/USD looking good from 1.2807

revised TP stop @1.2700

Last edited:

EUR/USD

I already locked in profit at 1.2700 from 1.2807. 15/30min chart shows it coming maybe up so I will go Long at 1.2700 with tight stop

EUR/USD TP stop 1.2700 +£4.16

EUR/USD BUY 1.2700 stop 1.2680 TP 1.2800 TS 52

EUR/USD stopped out

That's me done till Tuesday after my Ear op but might put in a trade Monday morning, maybe.

Have good weekend all, I will be reviewing all my trades.