JDTRADER - Forex Spreadbetting Journal

How do you rate JDTRADER ?

• Total voters
can we see your TA? i'm short eurusd too but ive averaged in and not 100% sure about where it's going to reverse (if at all) so risk is managed, only in 30% of position

Just a quick update from my iPhone. Got a margin call and yes I am an idiot. I'll will post a full report over the weekend. I'm down but not out

Quote from wallstreetwarrior87 If you learn from the journal, great, keep going and I sincerely wish you all the best. But most journals keep going until the aspiring trader blows up, or gives up because they are so stubborn and dont learn from the journal and the mistakes that are being made on a daily basis.

On a serious note, not taking losses in the manner of the mentioned journals always leads to disaster. This is something we can all avoid but seldom do because of the need to be right.

Eur/usd - margin call & why

Wednesday 1st Sept 2010

Pre market thoughts
EUR/USD
On a rebound R1.2734 then 1.2770, S1.2663 & 1.2635
(Error 1) I recognised this pair was rebounding but did not act on this.

Open £59.14
Started off ok up to £60.92

Then the road to hell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBw_da7BZk

08.58 SELL @1.2720 Got in to early on a false signal from MACD.
09.01 SELL @1.2734 its at my R line, MACD showing divergance but volume not dropped (Error 2)
09.04 SELL @1.2731 yep I'm thinking I got this right and changed take profit to 1.2665 just above support line.

But continues to go up now I move stops to above my next R line (Error 3) 1.2775

10.01 MACD shows a turn around coming and volume drops its just below my R line
10.01 SELL @1.2766

It starts to go up, the first three positions I move stops to match my 4th position stop at 1.2786 as it climbs further I move stops to 1.2900. Now I know why I moved stop so wide.
I had already calculated my profit to put the account to £75+ (Error 4) so I transferred £25 to my Oanda account as I posted that I would top up account to £100. I'm thinking start off next week with £100+ balance.

14.00-15.00 it tops off at 1.2850 and over the rest of the day drops back to 1.2793. at this point I should of CUT rather than hold into the next day.

Thursday 2nd
I get past the Euro news and thinking the Non Farm Payroll will push my shorts back to black. But hold on I'm still learning the Fundamentals of Forex who am I kidding I don't know this for sure. Its my emotions telling me hold on, I should of CUT. At one point I see my account -10.00 and think its only a tenner CUT and move on to the next day but no held on thinking of the profit and my deposit to £100 (Error 5)

Friday 3rd - MARGIN CALL DAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiNQSbcOYNQ

13.30 NFP comes in it spikes up and sipkes down and then goes further down and I feel yep its on its way but no it turns and over the day goes up up up to hit my account on a Margin Call at 1.2899

GREED + EMOTION + EMBARRASSMENT = MARGIN CALL​

The Road Ahead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Account from £60.92 to 26.80

Monday or Tuesday my deposit of £25.00 will hit the account, bringing balance to £51.80

I was doing well until I moved stops and did not cut so I now I'll make sure I trade correctly from now on with no emotions, call me Spock lol

I won't trade Monday plus I may go back to Smart Live Markets as they have extended there offer to cover losses up to £300 for every T2W member.

Think I will redeposit on SLM and trade there over September, profit or loss I'm covered.

Oanda - the plan now is to trade the account to £320 then withdraw £160. This will recoup all my deposits to this account then I will only be trading with winning money.

So what am I changing to move on:
Only two open trades at any one time
Stop loss 2% of account balance
Use protective stops
Take Profit Targets 50 pips

Ok took it on the chin, seen where and why I got it wrong. Time to move on..........

Well sounds like you have it square in you head. Also the advantage of starting off with a small account. Sure you will have it all back in no time. Good luck and look forward to success

Well sounds like you have it square in you head. Also the advantage of starting off with a small account. Sure you will have it all back in no time. Good luck and look forward to success

Hey thanks mate (y)

We all live to learn :smart:

can we see your TA? i'm short eurusd too but ive averaged in and not 100% sure about where it's going to reverse (if at all) so risk is managed, only in 30% of position

Sorry on Oanda not able and to do a screen shot needs a photo package which I have not got on this computer.

If you read my report you'll see where I had my Support & Resistance set at.

Short Euro ? read this http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/forecast/weekly/eur/2010/09/03/TOF_903_eur.html

Keep fighting on!
We have all been there/ here at least once....the main thing to TRY & learn from our mistakes.
This is a great thread ,it will help both you & many others who are following your antics ...keep it up.
Matt

Keep fighting on!
We have all been there/ here at least once....the main thing to TRY & learn from our mistakes.
This is a great thread ,it will help both you & many others who are following your antics ...keep it up.
Matt

Cheers Mate (y)

My 2 year old trading !

I was just checking charts and left the desk when my 2 yr old son hit the screen with a buy on EUR/USD whacking the mouse.

Out of hours 10 pip spread ! nice job son lol :-0

Re: My 2 year old trading !

I was just checking charts and left the desk when my 2 yr old son hit the screen with a buy on EUR/USD whacking the mouse.

Out of hours 10 pip spread ! nice job son lol :-0

Closed it out for a loss

Deposit has hit my account, balance now £49.91

Back on the desk 6am in the morning.

Tuesday 7th Sept 2010

Good Morning

So annoying to see EUR/USD drop overnight !

R-1.2911/1.2850
S-1.2769/1.2733

Sept turn around

Just checking my journal and for September I'm down 639.5 pips

Well going to be tough month to get back to profit but here goes.....

Tuesday Morning Update

Nicked about 20 pips on a yo yo session for me.

EUR/USD dipped below my R line 1.2769

Gone a bit boring so going for a shower :|

Tuesday Lunch update

Hit my target for the day +52.3 pips

Wife dragging me off to Tesco lol :help:

May trade later but no doubt now I walk away from the desk the Euro will move 100 pips lol

back soon........

Have you kept a running total of how much it's costing you to trade, ie per trade?

The cost of business is often the deciding factor as to whether a trader makes or loses. Most don't think this way and believe it's all about buying/selling at the best locations, of course that always helps :)

Short term scalping is generally a slow way to the poor house.............

Have you kept a running total of how much it's costing you to trade, ie per trade?

The cost of business is often the deciding factor as to whether a trader makes or loses. Most don't think this way and believe it's all about buying/selling at the best locations, of course that always helps :)

Short term scalping is generally a slow way to the poor house.............

I'm coming back from a big pip loss of 639.5 so scalp or no scalp +pips are +pips in my book.

Trading on Oanda where the spread is 0.9 so yes I'm keeping track of the costs. Starting on a low balance and today opened with £49.91 +52.3 pips now £52.30 so just over 4p per pip.

Click the link below to myfxbook and you'll see I use protective stops so a lot of trades scalp but the target is always at the start 50+ pips.

I'm not here to preach or show look at me, I'm a novice and trying to show to myself I can do this and make a profit . I always take on board comments and appreciate other traders views :)

As per the poll;
Hopefully not Boom & Bust
Hope to be a Day Trader and not a dreamer
And just maybe in years to come a Millionaire lol :-0