Jdtrader - day trading

JDTRADER,
I was wondering how do u manage to monitor so many diverse markets?
In your trades you have S+P,Shares,currencies,Gold
Please don't take this as a criticism,I have been trading 10years and I can only manage to keep abrest of one market as the detail required is huge,Considering how many u trade I wonder if I may suggest that it might be an idea to concentrate on one market. The example I did on the ETX thread was to also show that getting to know a single market really well has its advantages and can be very rewarding.
You are a good chap and hope you do well
good luck!

gamma

Basically agree with you but there are two ways of looking at it:

1. Get to know a specific pattern and all its wrinkles like the back of your hand and trade it across a range of instruments.

2. Get to know a specific instrument and all its wrinkle like the back of your hand and trade it across a range of patterns.

good trading

jon

gamma

1. Get to know a specific pattern and all its wrinkles like the back of your hand and trade it across a range of instruments.

2. Get to know a specific instrument and all its wrinkle like the back of your hand and trade it across a range of patterns.

good trading

jon

:confused:

gamma & GladiatorX

Points taken but I like to be diverse.

This week is all about the charts no news feeds, remember its on demo so I'm trying out ideas to see what works for me.
Some traders like a cross section of markets others like a certain section and some just one instrument so I'm just seeing what works for me.

Or not as the case maybe lol :LOL:

lol and make sure you stick to something unlike me ;)
ive found my style now though.

confuse, jd? -sorry, I'll explain:

1. My bread and butter trading is looking for trend continuation after retracement via 3+ bar pullbacks on eod timeframe. I know it well - been at it for over thirty years - and look for it wherever it crops up in ftse100 shares (although I have a favoured stable of around 15 shares). So, one strategy with a range of instruments.

2. My intraday trading is focussed solely on ftse. I know it quite well - about 10 years worth - and I trade it with four or five different set-ups covering break-outs, reversals and continuations. So, one instrument with a range of strategies.

good trading

jon

Calling it a day.

Yesterdays gains lost today.

Acc.Bal £10,016.90

2 positions open

BUY Lloyds Bank 99.6 stop 99.6 at 104.7
SELL S&P500 1058.7 stop 1063.0 limit 1050.0

Did not day trader proper today, I set my entrys and went to bed instead of watching the market. Not doing this again, if I can't sit in front of the screen I'm not trading. Which means if could be a quite week from me as I'm working nights this week.

I may have to trade longer term time frames with bigger stops to account for weekly moves but not going to do that yet.

Splashed around today with to be honest not very good entrys so must be more selective, its all a learning curve.

confuse, jd? -sorry, I'll explain:

1. My bread and butter trading is looking for trend continuation after retracement via 3+ bar pullbacks on eod timeframe. I know it well - been at it for over thirty years - and look for it wherever it crops up in ftse100 shares (although I have a favoured stable of around 15 shares). So, one strategy with a range of instruments.

2. My intraday trading is focussed solely on ftse. I know it quite well - about 10 years worth - and I trade it with four or five different set-ups covering break-outs, reversals and continuations. So, one instrument with a range of strategies.

good trading

jon

Oh ok cool

I like it tell me more............

gamma

good trading

jon

Totally agree barjon,
there is no way I am even going to try and put any counter argument against 30 years experience
Gladatorix,
Ransquawk

Tuesday 6th Oct 2009

Morning Traders

I have had a turn of direction and taken some of the advice posted in this thread. I am now not going to fund CMC with £500 instead I have funded Oanda $80.00.I will only be trading GBP/USD.

To fund Oanda is a bit of a mission as to do a wire transfer would cost me £25.00 and to Paypal I had to set up a sub account to fund in USD. So all my trading will be in USD as to then transfer from sub account to the main account in GBP adds another charge. Why don't they take Credit/Debit cards ?

When I first started trading on a demo, FX Game on Oanda was my first account so I went back to see I still had the FX Game and FX Trade accounts still active. Plus as I now don't want to risk to much capital on Oanda you can fund as little as you want and able to trade in micro lots.

Its great your able to set up your transactions automacticlly to calculate % of balance, stop loss, take profit and trailing stops.

So last night added $80.00 minus deposit fee via paypal $77.38

Done 4 sclap trades this morning +$1.06

Off to court now to defend running a red light, wish me luck

Bal. $78.44

Today popped in and out, missed the drop while I was out (n)

Finished up to day at $78.28 +$0.90

My high today was $78.44

11 trades - 9 won / 2 lost

Not going to set the world on fire but using correct money management and UP is better then DOWN. Not trading Wednesday as I'll be working all day.

:eek:fftopic:
Court - pleaded not guilty so got to go back Dec 16th :medieval:

Last edited:
Wednesday 7th Oct 2009

Well I over slept this morning so I'll work nights tonight instead, so of to Day Trading I go........

Up and down day today.

And the reason yep EUR/USD. This FX does not like me all my losses today on this FX so going to stick to GBP/USD where all my profits come from today.

Down to $76.94 -$1.50
-£0.44 from start

Got one trade open:
GBP/USD
SELL 1.5911 stop 1.5910 trailing stop 13.7 pips

Up and down day today.

And the reason yep EUR/USD. This FX does not like me all my losses today on this FX so going to stick to GBP/USD where all my profits come from today.

Down to $76.94 -$1.50
-£0.44 from start

Got one trade open:
GBP/USD
SELL 1.5911 stop 1.5910 trailing stop 13.7 pips

Trailing stop hit

Acc Bal $77.04
-£0.33 from start

19 trades - 7 won / 12 lost

Last edited:
Thursday 8th Oct 2009

Morning All

Already down this morning with a Short last night stopping out.

Off to day trading..............

Acc Bal $76.17

Last edited: