Is today the day?

Yeah, I think you're right. Their trade deficit gets larger as well as the dollar gets stronger - something Bush won't care about though given his track record regarding this.

and he's retired by next year!

If Dax has no limit down and the S&P and Dow have, what happens when US traders want to hedge any exposure?

Hmmm...let me think...

Just LOCKED LIMIT DOWN ... that's it ... Welcome to Globex ... :)

I really, really wonder if this limit down thing makes sense bottom line or not...

If Dax has no limit down and the S&P and Dow have, what happens when US traders want to hedge any exposure?

Hmmm...let me think...

Good question Tom, how does that work out ?!?

And I called them half an hour ago, EUREXCHANGE, and they confirmed that there is NO limit down.

I just hedged about a quarter of my swiss francs (which most my savings are in) just in case we're close to bottom here.

Evens on dow suspension in first hour of trading?

I really, really wonder if this limit down thing makes sense bottom line or not...

Good question Tom, how does that work out ?!?

And I called them half an hour ago, EUREXCHANGE, and they confirmed that there is NO limit down.

It is not the first time :) at least it gets people alarmed ...

CME has NO LIMIT DOWN (y) so after the US open, Globex reopens as well

Last time, this happened on the UPSIDE :smart: the future spiked 30 points and lost all of them in minutes :eek: so (n): nothing for amateurs

Look at the currency moves :LOL: a lot of guys closing down shop :eek: 4ever :eek::eek::eek:

Last time, this happened on the UPSIDE :smart: the future spiked 30 points and lost all of them in minutes :eek: so (n): nothing for amateurs

Look at the currency moves :LOL: a lot of guys closing down shop :eek: 4ever :eek::eek::eek:

Very interesting that Carlos.

And yup, there are lots of hedge funds closing down right now having gone belly up or with clients withdrawing their funds !!!

Yup a lot of this snacks of deleveraging before everyone else. Reckon Roubini may have been one of the triggers personally.

Hi,

I was under the impression that trading might resume earlier, if (and I guess that's a big if) prices would go above the limit again, ie above 855. Is that correct?

Also, is anyone aware of any indicators as to where the S&P would be if it were still trading?

Cheers

S

Haven't got the faintest idea where these markets are going.

You could easily see the FTSE down 500 or up 5 before the day's out.

I get the feeling you could very easily open up a bear just as some special govt announcements made and see the market gap straight through your stop.

climbig may be a much better idea than climbing the walls after doing money!

Anyone else thinking this or am i being a big girlie?

Well you could reckon on about ten per cent drop judging by other indexes so maybe 820ish. I pulled this number out of my **** though!

"stopped out again, such fun for us ladees, eh emily"

littlebritainPA180706_228x355.jpg