Is today the day?

BSD,

Do you know if the DAX has trading limits ?

You are dead right about the liquidity. The DAX book is incredibly thin. 15 - 20 pt moves in less than a second.

Hi mate, I am giving good service here haha, I just called eurexchange up for you to confirm, and they said no limits down for the FDAX.

:)

That said, who knows when the rules get rewritten.

Why is it ? In a trending market whether down or up the price can never be too low or too high and liquidity on currencies should still not be an issue in my view.

Paul

Paul, you are right when you put it like that, I suppose I was on more about the human psyche, ie we always oscillate between various stages of panic and euphoria, neither of which are particularly rational or sensible, and which taken to extremes lead to things like the Tulipmania, 1929, etc.

I also suppose that you are right RE currencies, even 9-11 didn't cause much of a blip on the EUR/USD, contrary to pretty much all other markets.

Be interesting to hear from an insider what the liquidity is like there at the moment in the spot markets.

Gamma Jammer should know.

See you at the bottom...................................................................

On days like today Expience says stay out .

Going to the gym & swim, then going preaching to stop spread betting in One of the poorest areas of the country where many of there excustermers reside LOL .

Stay safe one could suffer dramatick moves, if in dought stay out :)

err... I am talking about a FED rate cut... (or a co-ordinated)

There seems to be so much fear now, I think a rate cut at best would give a very short-term bounce . How much ammo does the FED and the rest of the World's central banks have left to combat the current problems? It takes months (even years if you look at Japan's past history) for the interest rate cuts to encourage growth.

If there's grass on the wicket see you at the bottom? Thats public school for you.

:LOL:

No, I was typing a response to your interest rate cut post and then saw the market come off.

Anyway, 'Let's play cricket'... :)

In short, We've had the boom, the bust MUST follow.

Whatever anyone tries to do, we need to see a bust, at best we could stave off growth but this would take many years for inflation to eat away at the land, even hyperinflation would take some time and the rich wouldn't like that, so, bust it must be.

I had 5 houses up until a 2 years back, I saw these rise by over 300% in just over 8 years. I didn't see wages increase by this much so that's a firm indication that growth has go out of hand.

Too much growth in too quick a time = Boom

Boom = Bust (or return to the old normality).

This volitility is just not doing it, sit on your hands guys or go out away from the screan, of turn the comp of.
Remember the market will be here tomorrow.

In short, We've had the boom, the bust MUST follow.

Whatever anyone tries to do, we need to see a bust, at best we could stave off growth but this would take many years for inflation to eat away at the land, even hyperinflation would take some time and the rich wouldn't like that, so, bust it must be.

I had 5 houses up until a 2 years back, I saw these rise by over 300% in just over 8 years. I didn't see wages increase by this much so that's a firm indication that growth has go out of hand.

Too much growth in too quick a time = Boom

Boom = Bust (or return to the old normality).

Too much greed as well, not you Lee, took some profits.

Much the same in the dot com boom, this has gone from £1 to £10 surely it must go to £20...no 20p!

There seems to be so much fear now, I think a rate cut at best would give a very short-term bounce . How much ammo does the FED and the rest of the World's central banks have left to combat the current problems? It takes months (even years if you look at Japan's past history) for the interest rate cuts to encourage growth.

Sure, I am not saying it would be the most appropriate thing to do by any means, just entertaining the idea... basic rational is that if the dollar continues to strengthen like this, US exports are going to fall out of the sky...

This volitility is just not doing it, sit on your hands guys or go out away from the screan, of turn the comp of.
Remember the market will be here tomorrow.

No it won't... It's Saturday! :cool:

Sure, I am not saying it would be the most appropriate thing to do by any means, just entertaining the idea... basic rational is that if the dollar continues to strengthen like this, US exports are going to fall out of the sky...

Yeah, I think you're right. Their trade deficit gets larger as well as the dollar gets stronger - something Bush won't care about though given his track record regarding this.

We're getting a rumour here that the US market may be closed for a few days to weeks.

my god... what are we going to do with ourselves!

NEWS RELEASE: A mass exodus at Heathrow as markets close and traders sod of on holiday!

We're getting a rumour here that the US market may be closed for a few days to weeks.

Absolutely NO movement on S&P since 10.56 CET...

FLAt at 855.

Same goes for DOW.

DOW is flat since 11.43 CET at 8217...

NQ, NASDAQ is still moving though...

I personally think this would be a stupid thing to do, this could quite possibly incite mass panic, martial law etc

when it comes to money people can lose all rational thought