Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

Does the Bailout package mark the bottom of the equity markets???

• Yes, absolutely! I am buying here!

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Yes, but I need more confirmation.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • I don't know/care.

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No, I will sell rallies.

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • No, I sell ANY UPTICK!

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
I am offering them to desperate investors.

Payment instructions: Please send wife/children/gold stuff to ************************

Why jump off a balcony..... when you can have the George Bush indicator?

(The man saying that on the advert would have a shiny glint thingy in his teeth as he smiled kind of like Peschi from Home Alone)

Yesterday, I read something quite interesting :)

READ that ... sounds stupid, BUT is it??? I got this in an email, I think it's a great idea.... I ' m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I ' m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend. To make the math simple, let ' s assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..; So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend. Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let ' s assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam. But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00. What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family? Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved. Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads Put away money for college - it ' ll be there Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs. Buy a new car - create jobs Invest in the market - capital drives growth Pay for your parent ' s medical insurance - health care improves Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces. If we ' re going to re-distribute wealth let ' s really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President. If we ' re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let ' s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+! As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up. Here ' s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn ' t. Sure it ' s a crazy idea that can 'never work.' But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party! How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC . And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest. This would eliminate the need for the additional $700 BILLION, or we could just use the same philosophy for that and make all of us instane millionaires!

:D

What I "would love" and what I trade are quite different things ;)
Absolutely, but when i get rock bottom and system goes long then you pile in... simple
use both the head and heart! :)

My "problem" at the moment is: I was BEARISH from Feb. 2007 on and WE ARE HERE!!!

Well why were you bearish??? Did you use your head! LOL
I mean charts were not bearish, in fact they were bullish!

Imagine the dotcom boom! LMC nearly got into ftse! and BA was booted out of ftse!!!

QUOTE]

What I "would love" and what I trade are quite different things ;)
Absolutely, but when i get rock bottom and system goes long then you pile in... simple
use both the head and heart! :)

My "problem" at the moment is: I was BEARISH from Feb. 2007 on and WE ARE HERE!!!

Well why were you bearish??? Did you use your head! LOL
I mean charts were not bearish, in fact they were bullish!

Imagine the dotcom boom! LMC nearly got into ftse! and BA was booted out of ftse!!!

QUOTE]

I don't know, which charts you are looking at :)

My charts were bearish :) and still are I have to admit.
Therefore I wanted to know about sentiment (ALL here are MEGABEARISH)
This makes me thinking the other way. But I don't buy until I don't have a signal.

I hope, it is clear now, what I wanted to say.

Take care!

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the prospects of the real economy for the near and mid term future, I'm not buying into the general doomsday scenarios making the rounds amongst the talking heads at this time.

I also don't think that the real economy is all too connected with the irrational exuberance or panic of markets.

The real economy and markets depiction of the former are about as connected as an hypochondriac's fears and the true state of their health imo.

;-)

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the prospects of the real economy for the near and mid term future, I'm not buying into the general doomsday scenarios making the rounds amongst the talking heads at this time.

I also don't think that the real economy is all too connected with the irrational exuberance or panic of markets.

The real economy and markets depiction of the former are about as connected as an hypochondriac's fears and the true state of their health imo.

;-)

At least the perception is by far worse than the real state :) EXACTLY the opposite to 2007 :eek:

Carlos, I agree with that.

Ah.

Human beings.

What can one say eh.

Everything is always just in the mind, it's all nothing but psychology.

Well, OK, at least 90%.

Anyone who wants to become a great trader should study psychology, NOT economics.

Econ just makes lots of opinionated noises, but isn't even a real science for all it's posturing.

;-)

No. The bootom of the market is when sentiment can not get any worse. That's because when everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone thinks things are going to get worse, then all those people have sold. Therefore there is no further selling pressure, there can only be buyers left.
And that also applies to the property market.
Think about it.

At least they are predictable (y)

Quite often readable like a book, what.

Just think the way supermarkets play on the readability of people by stacking their stuff where they stack it, thus enticing certain sorts to buy what they hadn't actually intended when they set out to go shopping, as just one example.

;)

No. The bootom of the market is when sentiment can not get any worse. That's because when everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone thinks things are going to get worse, then all those people have sold. Therefore there is no further selling pressure, there can only be buyers left.
And that also applies to the property market.
Think about it.

Good that you think and therefore defines you :smart:

I do not only think about that, but as well finance my life, doing it ;)

Even I am able to adapt quickly enough in the case it is necessary :eek:

Der BUND, der ist gesund :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dax wieder mal wie auf dem Rummelplatz ;) Junger Mann zum mitreisen gesucht :LOL:

Funny ride :) AGAIN

Weekly closes make me interested ,whether Hank and his guys have anything up their sleeves :)
Next week will answer this thread's question :clap:

At least my charts look a bit scary :LOL:

After the "failure" of German Hypo Real Estate, a DAX member, the market, the Central Banks and the Governments face a REAL TEST :)

So as fundamentals and the charts see markets falling out of bed, exactly THIS is the last chance IMHO. If Monday turns out to see a positive market, the bottom will be in. Otherwise we will revisit quite different levels. I will be there, 8.00 am German market opening, seat belts fastened, but ready to turn the ship as rate cuts loom.

I wouldn't want to try to pick the bottom, why would anyone want to try to do that? Such choices are usually wrong - look at a chart and you'll see that we''ve had lots of reasonable candidates for bottom since the start of the year, and none of them were the bottom. TV journalists love this game but it is a waste of time.

I intend to trade what the market is doing, not trade what I think it will do. I am prepared for it to go up or down and will trade it accordingly, but no time need be wasted on finding the bottom.