Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

Does the Bailout package mark the bottom of the equity markets???

• Yes, absolutely! I am buying here!

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Yes, but I need more confirmation.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • I don't know/care.

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No, I will sell rallies.

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • No, I sell ANY UPTICK!

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
I do. Smaller, yes. But usually I trade continuation patterns. Problem: If a 1 minute Bar swings over 30 points, the stops are getting too big. So there is a point, I just look and save energy and money.

Today was/is a good day for me. First the "stupid" gap open then a first move up, then the continuation. Everything without a lot of hurt. Smooth moves. My market.

If it starts gyrating, I step to the sidelines as risk/reward is too tilted against me.

Have a good day, Markus!

Well that makes a lot of sense Carlos.

This is a pretty strange yo-yo market with no real directional commitment, probably because most of the big players are sitting pat at the moment, be it by choice or because of lack of available funds.

No wonder this is the choppiest environment we've seen in 50 years:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...0-trading-choppiest-environment-50-years.html

You have a good day too mate :)

Well that makes a lot of sense Carlos.

This is a pretty strange yo-yo market with no real directional commitment, probably because most of the big players are sitting pat at the moment, be it by choice or because of lack of available funds.

No wonder this is the choppiest environment we've seen in 50 years:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...0-trading-choppiest-environment-50-years.html

You have a good day too mate :)

We should see some action from investors next week. At the moment with ECB PC then tomorrow the US House vote and Payrolls, I think, only "non-investors" in the market ;)

I think you're spot on with that.

Not sure if I'll trade 2morrow, holiday here and all, might just take a peep and see if I, umm, see sthg.

;)

I think it will rally as soon as more is injected but itll be like Whiley Coyote.... suddenly realising that gravity exists and that there is no floor under him

We were doing so well.... and then the crash.

Isnt this plan like feeding more money into a losing trading account and then crapping out after youve put your life savings into it?

Things will have to work their way up from the bottom. All of this cant be supported with any amount of money because the people dont have it to spend. Things need to fail and things need to be sold.

Either that or wipe out 100 million people and equally give their assets to the rest. Thatll do the trick.

yeah right!

A lot of bullish trades are coming through from wealthy investors using spread betting accounts.

theyll probably ride out the storm and leave it til the FTSE gets to 5,500.

Sounds like a good place to leave a limit to me over the next week or so using 0.5% of your capital as a measure of 10 points or so. Thats how ive done it many times if i position trade. I estimate a reasonable level. Hasnt failed.... YET!

A lot of bullish trades are coming through from wealthy investors using spread betting accounts.

theyll probably ride out the storm and leave it til the FTSE gets to 5,500.

Sounds like a good place to leave a limit to me over the next week or so using 0.5% of your capital as a measure of 10 points or so. Thats how ive done it many times if i position trade. I estimate a reasonable level. Hasnt failed.... YET!

Good LUCK :)

Good LUCK :)

There are other indicators that I use

1. I look outside in the morning. If its sunny I buy all day long
2. If george bush is happy I buy. if he looks sad on tv I sell. (Officialy called THE GEORGE BUSH INDICATOR.. 200% better than RSI!)
3. I ask the first person i see whether i should sell or buy regardless of who they are. Gordon brown shows the experience model lands us in **** so someone with NO experience ... and someone that has not been burdended by the harships of knowledge and education... should give me better signals.

You aint seen nothing yet!
worst is yet to come - yes we will see a bounce to suck in traders who think we have a bottom
i wud love to see dow at 7000.

In fact we shud have seen a recession in 2001, but worldwide central banks cutting interest rates!

Do you remember in the Uk, there were discounted mortgage rates of as low as .40% for first year.
that was just crazy!!

You aint seen nothing yet!
worst is yet to come - yes we will see a bounce to suck in traders who think we have a bottom
i wud love to see dow at 7000.

In fact we shud have seen a recession in 2001, but worldwide central banks cutting interest rates!

Do you remember in the Uk, there were discounted mortgage rates of as low as .40% for first year.
that was just crazy!!

What I "would love" and what I trade are quite different things ;)

My "problem" at the moment is: I was BEARISH from Feb. 2007 on and WE ARE HERE!!! at my targets, at least close to them. Adding now the OVERWHELMING negative sentiment, it C O U L D !!! form a bottom here.

We will find out some day :LOL:

Could be

I think :)

700 billion bailout .............. thats not much is it ?

US have already pumped in ............ a trillion or two already

A few more 700 billion should do it, hang on a minute....errrrr is it a good idea to tell someone what your prepared to pay for ...errrrrrrrrrrr anything !

Sure that will turn out to be the price + a touch more, well you have got to try for a little more, don"t want to leave anything on the table :)

Market the focus of attention with ......everybody....every 2 minutes on the news and not the dead donkey yet.............. its the End of the World =

must be close to a bottom

No bailout plunge the other night, a quick mark down 300 for 3 minutes, induce a bit of FEAR :help: = an early wash bar

Give us the money or else there could be trouble, smacks at a protection racket, my lad used to paddy just like that if he did"nt get his sweets :) :help:

that will set up the real wash bar today (jobs / payrolls/ known bad number) Into the weekend, so only for the brave and will keep most out :) late next week it will look like a nice trade (coulda woulda shoulda = a nice test of the last 1/4 "s / months bar at around the 50% zone on all indexs, a fly past under the low, a same day return trip to save on fuel :)

Miners oil banks very oversold (UK) Banks already had a little pop to test the air at the higher altitude :)

Miners H&S pattern pretty much at target on the longer tf ( well past and some) = anymore sellers ? no ok then well off into a range for the next 5 years till we can engineer another boom :)

= Bounce = draw in daft money = large down 1/4 to lock em in then a range for .........

Ever.......... just like Japan

Fat Cats win again = :drunk::cheers::eek:nline2lo:party: "wot shall we bubbbbbble up next lads ?":drunk::cheers:

then we start all over again

07:18 am ......... 10 p per pt down with fins on ftse mar08 :)

woke up with that load of Sh..t in my head at five in the F..ckin morning, may as well start trading the pairs I think,

what did markus say about the 3 Ducks :eek:

right back to :sleep:

latter

Andy

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
I think :)

700 billion bailout .............. thats not much is it ?

US have already pumped in ............ a trillion or two already

A few more 700 billion should do it, hang on a minute....errrrr is it a good idea to tell someone what your prepared to pay for ...errrrrrrrrrrr anything !

Sure that will turn out to be the price + a touch more, well you have got to try for a little more, don"t want to leave anything on the table :)

Market the focus of attention with ......everybody....every 2 minutes on the news and not the dead donkey yet.............. its the End of the World =

must be close to a bottom

No bailout plunge the other night, a quick mark down 300 for 3 minutes, induce a bit of FEAR :help: = an early wash bar

Give us the money or else there could be trouble, smacks at a protection racket, my lad used to paddy just like that if he did"nt get his sweets :) :help:

that will set up the real wash bar today (jobs / payrolls/ known bad number) Into the weekend, so only for the brave and will keep most out :) late next week it will look like a nice trade (coulda woulda shoulda = a nice test of the last 1/4 "s / months bar at around the 50% zone on all indexs, a fly past under the low, a same day return trip to save on fuel :)

Miners oil banks very oversold (UK) Banks already had a little pop to test the air at the higher altitude :)

Miners H&S pattern pretty much at target on the longer tf ( well past and some) = anymore sellers ? no ok then well off into a range for the next 5 years till we can engineer another boom :)

= Bounce = draw in daft money = large down 1/4 to lock em in then a range for .........

Ever.......... just like Japan

Fat Cats win again = :drunk::cheers::eek:nline2lo:party: "wot shall we bubbbbbble up next lads ?":drunk::cheers:

then we start all over again

07:18 am ......... 10 p per pt down with fins on ftse mar08 :)

woke up with that load of Sh..t in my head at five in the F..ckin morning, may as well start trading the pairs I think,

what did markus say about the 3 Ducks :eek:

right back to :sleep:

latter

Andy

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

:) sounds like a lot of fun :)

Yesterday, I read something quite interesting :)

READ that ... sounds stupid, BUT is it??? I got this in an email, I think it's a great idea.... I ' m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I ' m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend. To make the math simple, let ' s assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..; So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend. Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let ' s assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam. But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00. What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family? Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved. Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads Put away money for college - it ' ll be there Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs. Buy a new car - create jobs Invest in the market - capital drives growth Pay for your parent ' s medical insurance - health care improves Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces. If we ' re going to re-distribute wealth let ' s really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President. If we ' re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let ' s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+! As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up. Here ' s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn ' t. Sure it ' s a crazy idea that can 'never work.' But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party! How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC . And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest. This would eliminate the need for the additional $700 BILLION, or we could just use the same philosophy for that and make all of us instane millionaires!

:D

Originally Posted by BSD
Haha, der ist gut.

Oder, wie man auf Bayerisch sagen würde, guat.

Ah

sie haben regionale akzente in Deutschland, ja. Wunderbar!

But anyways, i wish i knew what Bush just said. Though it doesnt really matter.

Everybody would like to know what Bush say's. I do know that W.D Gann predicted that the next major turmoil would begin in 2008 and end in 2012 but would be followed by even more turmoil in 2019.

that should cheer everybody up

Cheers and good luck
Nut

more fun

Yesterday, I read something quite interesting :)

READ that ... sounds stupid, BUT is it??? I got this in an email, I think it's a great idea.... I ' m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I ' m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend. To make the math simple, let ' s assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..; So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend. Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let ' s assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam. But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00. What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family? Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved. Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads Put away money for college - it ' ll be there Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs. Buy a new car - create jobs Invest in the market - capital drives growth Pay for your parent ' s medical insurance - health care improves Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces. If we ' re going to re-distribute wealth let ' s really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President. If we ' re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let ' s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+! As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up. Here ' s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn ' t. Sure it ' s a crazy idea that can 'never work.' But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party! How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC . And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest. This would eliminate the need for the additional $700 BILLION, or we could just use the same philosophy for that and make all of us instane millionaires!

:D

Dax

Thats a good plan, how do we get it before congress :)

have a good day :clover:

Andy

Originally Posted by BSD
Haha, der ist gut.

Oder, wie man auf Bayerisch sagen würde, guat.

Ah

sie haben regionale akzente in Deutschland, ja. Wunderbar!

But anyways, i wish i knew what Bush just said. Though it doesnt really matter.

Everybody would like to know what Bush say's. I do know that W.D Gann predicted that the next major turmoil would begin in 2008 and end in 2012 but would be followed by even more turmoil in 2019.

that should cheer everybody up

Cheers and good luck
Nut

Gann and Notradamus :) They have one thing in common ;) I never earned money on their recommendations :whistling

Gann and Notradamus They have one thing in common I never earned money on their recommendations

perhaps now is the time.

Good luck
Nut

I remember last year when Northern Rock collapsed and the markets dropped a few % someone (From the public of course) advised me that 'NOW' is a good time to buy. The FTSE was around 6200 :LOL:

People..:rolleyes: