Irans capture of British troops

War games , Is it ?

• The west have created this situation to further advance against Iran

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Iran are pushing , because Russia is turning westernese with nuclear non assistance

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • UN forces, will attack within 3-6 months

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • This will fissle out, but will show Iran has balls, Big Ones.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Attachments

• not in my name.jpg
    not in my name.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 201
:cry:
TWI said:
predictable response,
to see human nature take off your rose tinted sunglasses and look in the mirror,
to see further proof turn off the electricity for a couple of weeks country wide.

No rose tinted glasses here rwg24y.
Just reality of the disaster which is occuring in the middle east that benefits nobody, including you. If you could get beyond Fox and CNN et al I think you would realise it is you who probably wears the glasses, ones which only allow you to look in one very narrow direction.

rwg24y said:
:cry:
predictable response,
to see human nature take off your rose tinted sunglasses and look in the mirror,
to see further proof turn off the electricity for a couple of weeks country wide.

Forget the noise rwg24y and look at the facts.

What was the price of oil before the war?
What was the value of the $ before the war?
What was the BoP of US before the war?
What was the Budget defecit of the US before the war?

What are the answers to the above now?

What does that tell you?

I've ignored the loss of life and morality here because it is of no relevance to us here in the UK and US - except for our soldiers? (Although I feel for loss of all life. Just trying to make a point :cry: )

However,

As a British or American citizen which countries could you safely visit before the war?
What is the recruitment for the two armies like?
What is the morale of the two armies?
Of the 3000+ ally deaths there is also about 30,000 injueries some very serious like no limbs.
Of the remaining 100,000 soldiers % will have seen active firefights and killed people. They will come back to US and UK society with damaged souls and spirits.
Of the 130,000 soldiers a large number will have sickness and mental disorders.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz the architects of this war will be sitting round lush villas with swimming pools forever enjoying their achievements...

I think any person who supports this Iraq war is in serious denial of the FACTS!

Iranians steel soldier s ipod!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching the 9:00 am Andrew Marr breakfast show this morning and heard about soldiers taken hostage complaining about the ipods being taken away from them - stolen was the word used.

I could not believe my ears so I looked it up and here is a comic article...

I'm sorry for selling my story, says Iran hostage Mr Bean

Is this the papers now turning back on the soldiers... Be interesting to see Sun headline tomorrow.

Here is a bit of interesting extract from article in This is London

Speaking to the Plymouth Evening Herald newspaper, he said: "To be honest, I feel a bit strange about the situation. One minute they're (the MoD) are telling us we can, and the next they're saying 'no more'."

Seaman Batchelor's claim that he cried himself to sleep after his Iranian captors likened him to the comedy character Mr Bean made him a laughing stock.

One serving soldier posted: "Batchelor didn't do the reputation of servicemen much good either! Being broken by being called Mr Bean FFS! - that must be on a par with Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition and the comfy cushions."

Comments left on unofficial forces' websites, the Rum Ration and the British Army Rumour Service laid into Ms Turney and Mr Batchelor.

Another servicemen says of Mr Batchelor's complaint that his iPod was stolen by the Iranians: "What I wish to know is why a young lad on a boarding party detail needed to take his iPod? If he listened to The Ride of the Valkyries as he sped towards the target ship, what did he listen to on his trip to Iran?"

In response others on Rum Ration suggest: "Crying by Don McLean, perhaps?, The Beat Surrender, Always Look On The Bright Side Of life? and Onward Christian Soldiers."

Another contributor said of Ms Turney, who sold her story to the Sun: "Made me squirm when she said 'President of Iran gave me a toy doll for my daughter and am keeping it after the bomb disposal experts cleared it'.

"Believe me dear, the Iranians don't need to get any more publicity from blowing up you or anyone else ... you're providing all the publicity for them for free."

Another angry contributor wrote: "They should be expelled from the Armed Forces. Maybe HMS Cornwall could make a series like The Loveboat or be used for Big Brother? The Royal Navy seems intent on becoming a complete laughing-stock."

In his latest interview with the Daily Mirror, Mr Batchelor, the youngest of the 15 sailors, said he saw the money as small compensation and complained he could not afford to buy a car.

"I'm really hurt by all the criticism. People think I'm some kind of millionaire now, dining out on lobster and champagne - but I'm not. The money I've received will simply pay for a few driving lessons. I'm not sure it will cover the cost of an actual test, let alone a car.

"I see the payment more as compensation for spending the time telling the story to reporters when I should have been out with my family and friends. But it was important that the world heard about what I went through."

Ms Turney received an estimated £60,000 for selling the story of her time as a captive to The Sun and Tonight With Trevor MacDonald.

A poll on the Rum Ration website has 92 per cent of members agreeing that Mr Batchelor was "wrong to sell his story". Warmonger posts: "Let's face it irrespective of wherever she (Turney) goes this will hang around her neck like the proverbial albatross for a long time yet to come! Jade Goody would hand back her BB contestant fee for the chance to have her time in the house again.

"The Iranians might be a bunch of s****, but they seem much better at handling the propaganda machine. If the fuss gets any more intense they'll probably wish they were back in their cells."

BTDT posts on the Army Rumour Service: "I see no reason why they should not be allowed to sell their stories. I do, however, believe that they should be required to leave the service first."

Certainly has a Big Brother entertainment value attached... :eek:

They stole my ipod, called me Mr Bean, said they'd sent all the other 14 back, made me wear 1990 shell-suit, made me play table tennis...................Well if ever there was a reasons to go to war.........................

JTrader said:
They stole my ipod, called me Mr Bean, said they'd sent all the other 14 back, made me wear 1990 shell-suit, made me play table tennis...................Well if ever there was a reasons to go to war.........................

Yes indeed.

We as a family thought everybody liked Mr Bean including the Iranians who obviously know of his antics. We have his TV series and first Hollywood movie on video. Lost count how many times the kids have watched it.

There can be only one conclusion drawn from Arthur Batchelor's tears...

He may be just about the only person in the big wide World who does not like Mr Bean? :LOL:

The newspaper donations probably will go some way to have a face lift carried out.

What terrible torture, being called Mr Bean. Why didn't they just go all the way and bring out the comfy chair? :D

read what is written

Did I at any point support the war?
No ! my point is this you dont want amilitary as you say it s "ridiculous"
what do you want instead?
a nice pacifist state
No military or police ( same thing), try it some time
TWI, the rose glasses I mentioned are those that make you think you are superior to the man who robs and murders .Its a matter of what you have to loose. you have a house mortgage etc
the security of the state allows you to have them .
No mititary force means that there will be no one to ring when a chap knocks on the door and tells you is his house now.

Mitliary force give us security . try trading on the finanacial markets while living in darfur in a tent or even in notting hill if there is afirefight in the sreet out side
Iraq is a war ,zimbabwe is a disaster ,afganistan ,sierra leon ,haiti. etc
do you want to live there ?There is no to organised military there to make you feel mildly sick when you see an advert .
Who started these disasters is not my concern , the guilty seem to be Democraticaly elected politicians hands up if you vote. Its your fault

Point Missed

Atilla said:
Forget the noise rwg24y and look at the facts.

What was the price of oil before the war?
What was the value of the $ before the war?
What was the BoP of US before the war?
What was the Budget defecit of the US before the war?

What are the answers to the above now?

What does that tell you?

I've ignored the loss of life and morality here because it is of no relevance to us here in the UK and US - except for our soldiers? (Although I feel for loss of all life. Just trying to make a point :cry: )

However,

As a British or American citizen which countries could you safely visit before the war?
What is the recruitment for the two armies like?
What is the morale of the two armies?
Of the 3000+ ally deaths there is also about 30,000 injueries some very serious like no limbs.
Of the remaining 100,000 soldiers % will have seen active firefights and killed people. They will come back to US and UK society with damaged souls and spirits.
Of the 130,000 soldiers a large number will have sickness and mental disorders.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz the architects of this war will be sitting round lush villas with swimming pools forever enjoying their achievements...

I think any person who supports this Iraq war is in serious denial of the FACTS!
SEE TITLE

with all the pontifications of armchair generals about how the iranian issue should have been resolved in some macho gung-ho way, it occurs to me that the Captain of the Cornwall possessed a degree of restraint and inner-strength that resulted in no grieving relatives on EITHER side.

being called Mr Bean is preferable to coming home in a body-bag, or sending someone elses son into an early grave.
Bring all the soldiers back home, and replace them with those self-appointed, weedy, asthmatic desk-jockey, Daily-Mail reading rambos to the front-line. (I believe their desert kit already includes brown-trousers)

trendie said:
with all the pontifications of armchair generals about how the iranian issue should have been resolved in some macho gung-ho way, it occurs to me that the Captain of the Cornwall possessed a degree of restraint and inner-strength that resulted in no grieving relatives on EITHER side.

being called Mr Bean is preferable to coming home in a body-bag, or sending someone elses son into an early grave.
Bring all the soldiers back home, and replace them with those self-appointed, weedy, asthmatic desk-jockey, Daily-Mail reading rambos to the front-line. (I believe their desert kit already includes brown-trousers)

I think this is a bit of a disservice to Daily Mail/tabloid readers -

Readers have the ability to think freely, regardless of what is written in the paper they read.
The opinions of the journalist/newspaper does not reflect the opinion of the reader/public.
Perhaps the journalist are the war mongering weaklings that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, but its not possible to tar the readers with the same brush, unless there's a scientific way of proving they hold the same opinion/s.

Last edited:
rwg24y said:
Did I at any point support the war?
No ! my point is this you dont want amilitary as you say it s "ridiculous"
what do you want instead?
a nice pacifist state
No military or police ( same thing), try it some time
TWI, the rose glasses I mentioned are those that make you think you are superior to the man who robs and murders .Its a matter of what you have to loose. you have a house mortgage etc
the security of the state allows you to have them .
No mititary force means that there will be no one to ring when a chap knocks on the door and tells you is his house now.

Mitliary force give us security . try trading on the finanacial markets while living in darfur in a tent or even in notting hill if there is afirefight in the sreet out side
Iraq is a war ,zimbabwe is a disaster ,afganistan ,sierra leon ,haiti. etc
do you want to live there ?There is no to organised military there to make you feel mildly sick when you see an advert .
Who started these disasters is not my concern , the guilty seem to be Democraticaly elected politicians hands up if you vote. Its your fault

Did you vote?

If not why didn't you try and stop it? :cheesy:

JTrader said:
I think this is a bit of a disservice to Daily Mail/tabloid readers -

Readers have the ability to think freely, regardless of what is written in the paper they read.
The opinions of the journalist/newspaper does not reflect the opinion of the reader/public.
Perhaps the journalist are the war mongering weaklings that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, but its not possible to tar the readers with the same brush, unless there's a scientific way of proving they hold the same opinion/s.

Yeah... and which paper do you read... T2W... :)

Atilla said:
Yeah... and which paper do you read... T2W... :)

Occassionaly I read the Daily Mail on saturday, if its in the house, but mostly for the sports pages.
Then if theres something i want to know about i do my own research on the net.

JTrader said:
Occassionaly I read the Daily Mail on saturday, if its in the house, but mostly for the sports pages.
Then if theres something i want to know about i do my own research on the net.

Hi JTrader,

I was agreeing with your reply to Trendie and was just curious to know which paper Trendie read...

I've given up on papers my self. Read one if I see it lying around like on the tube, but don't bother buying them anymore.

Likewise prefer Sat TV or the internet...

Question was cheeky.

Atilla said:
Hi JTrader,

I was agreeing with your reply to Trendie and was just curious to know which paper Trendie read...

I've given up on papers my self. Read one if I see it lying around like on the tube, but don't bother buying them anymore.

Likewise prefer Sat TV or the internet...

Question was cheeky.

Hi Atilla

I haven't bought a paper for a long time. As you say, the Metro on the bus/train is free & one i used to grab , or the local weekly paper is quite interesting.

I often find reading speculative articles in a newspaper, a bit like reading fiction books, & I'm not really into soaking up info from one person/source. When i read any article that expresses the authors opinion, I'm aware that I am listening to one persons/papers/channels opinion/stance, and unless what they say is backed up by hard evidence/fact, I'm not really interested in their theories/what they write.

the security of the state allows you to have them .No military force means that there will be no one to ring when a chap knocks on the door and tells you is his house now.
rw - Must be misunderstanding here. I object to middle east adventure, the inability of the war makers to admit the mistake and so resolve it and the continued blatent hypocrisy and incompetence of the Bush administration.
Over the weekend I read an article by Lee Iacocca. He puts it rather well and as the person who sent me the link said
"He isn't a liberal, he isn't a crackpot, he isn't an activist, and he could hardly be called an anti capitalist. He's what they call a corporate insider.Since he's so hard to vilify, the corporate media is just going to completely ignore him"

http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=528992&agid=2

JTrader said:
Hi Atilla

I haven't bought a paper for a long time. As you say, the Metro on the bus/train is free & one i used to grab , or the local weekly paper is quite interesting.

I often find reading speculative articles in a newspaper, a bit like reading fiction books, & I'm not really into soaking up info from one person/source. When i read any article that expresses the authors opinion, I'm aware that I am listening to one persons/papers/channels opinion/stance, and unless what they say is backed up by hard evidence/fact, I'm not really interested in their theories/what they write.

Unfortunately, the British public do like to read the tabloid press and, I'm afraid, selling junk is what that press is intent on doing, because it knows that, for some unknown and incredible reason, the public actually believe what they are reading (present company excluded, of course :) ). Therefore, it is much cheaper if little research is necessary. Besides, fiction is always more interesting that fact and a good porcentage of the page can be used up in photos of our boys, plus a chart with a big cross on it, to show where the incident took place, and a big photo of HMS Cornwall.

Anyway, yesterday Prince William (or was it Harry) was in the news. Iran incident over!

Split

Atilla said:
Did you vote?

If not why didn't you try and stop it? :cheesy:
of course I vote, but if voting changed anything it would be abolished
All the political parties have the same pitch
We will make you better off ,they lie, trust us we know best.
Violent revolution ,that may change things ,but normaly it results in more of the same.

Sad fact is we all deep down belive we are right . From this start all conflict begins. :cry: :cry: :cry: