Irans capture of British troops

War games , Is it ?

• The west have created this situation to further advance against Iran

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Iran are pushing , because Russia is turning westernese with nuclear non assistance

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • UN forces, will attack within 3-6 months

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • This will fissle out, but will show Iran has balls, Big Ones.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Crap Buddist

How come hms cornwall hasnt blown the iranians out of the water ?

What size boats did the Brits patrol in , Canoe's or something ? I mean surrounded by iranian vessels, so why didnt hms cornawall or some tactical sub deal with it ?

Is it in the wests Gameplan to further advance their pieces on the chess board, to use it as a smoking gun. Thereby allowing the brits to be taken, ergo we have a reason to go in heavy soon ?

please have a look at the poll, this one deals with tacticals of the specticals.

It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of this incident thats for sure.

you may be reading too much into this. ( dark, secretive, manipulative powers behind the scenes with hidden, awe-inspiring, earth-shaking, agendas )

could be the british ships GPS system had dud batteries and they drifted;
could be a local (iranian) general getting a bit brazen;
could be a failure by the brits to inform Iran they were operating as law-enforcement (stopping smuggling) rather than iraq-operations; (there is a precedence; during the Falklands war, the SBS and SAS had a gun-battle since they didnt know they both were operating in a particular area)

the usual answers are more prosaic and silly rather than some pre-defined strategy.

Please add option; e: captain got out of wrong side of bed

trendie said:
you may be reading too much into this. ( dark, secretive, manipulative powers behind the scenes with hidden, awe-inspiring, earth-shaking, agendas )

could be the british ships GPS system had dud batteries and they drifted;
could be a local (iranian) general getting a bit brazen;
could be a failure by the brits to inform Iran they were operating as law-enforcement (stopping smuggling) rather than iraq-operations; (there is a precedence; during the Falklands war, the SBS and SAS had a gun-battle since they didnt know they both were operating in a particular area)

the usual answers are more prosaic and silly rather than some pre-defined strategy.

Please add option; e: captain got out of wrong side of bed

According to what the mainstream media tell us......

It does sound a bit convenient for USA/UK given all the talk that they are about to invade Iran.

JTrader said:
It does sound a bit convenient for USA/UK given all the talk that they are about to invade Iran.

Why don't we arrest some of their crew members in the English channel? What do these Iranians exactly think they are doing in our waters?

Liberate the Irish? Yeah right. So they don't like our parliament and democracy and they want to also implement the shariah law?

These Iranians are cookie or what?

The audacity of it all.

It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of this incident thats for sure.

Not a lot.

They probably shouldn't be there anyway so it's not surprising they were taken.

Does anybody really care anyway ?

yacarob1 said:
Not a lot.

They probably shouldn't be there anyway so it's not surprising they were taken.

Does anybody really care anyway ?

What with a potential WW3 maybe just around the corner?

The news is usually hyped up for general consumption by the masses.

The hype makes it more entertaining / attractive to the general populace.

yacarob1 said:
The news is usually hyped up for general consumption by the masses.

The hype makes it more entertaining / attractive to the general populace.

Some would argue that the mainstream news is actually dumbed down for the masses.
Not covering the important issues, not showing the full extent of things, diverting attention from the important issues - with trivia - eg. Britney Spears, Anne Nicole Smith etc. - and generally showing not much more than govts. want us to see............

A good example of mainstream media propaganda is Fox News.

Last edited:
JTrader said:
Some would argue that the mainstream news is actually dumbed down for the masses.
Not covering the important issues, diverting attention from the important issues - with trivia - eg. Britney Spears, Anne Nicole Smith etc. - and generally showing not much more than govts. want us to see............

Propaganda.

I would say the news is sanitized for public consumption. Twisted and distorted.

I'm still puzzled as to why we haven't gone into Zimbabwe to kick ass. People starving, opposition having their skulls cracked open. We get mud thrown in our faces. Our farmers killed and driven from their lands and what do we do? Receive Mugabe at the UN and shake hands with him with a bow.

On the other side of the world Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11 and we are in their killing 600,000+ civilians.

We then accuse Iran of interfering in Iraqi affairs and declare war on it. Conveniently forgetting it borders the country whilst we are 000s of miles away from it. Obviously we are not interfering in Iraqi affairs but only liberating the country. What a load of BS from our government. To think it has aligned it self with ridicilous US foreign policy that spells grab all oil.

We are then shcoked to hear it has arrested 15 of our troops in its territorial borders.

The world is one big puzzle.

I say we pull back our boys and kick the yanks into touch. Send em off to Afghanistan to hunt down the real culprit.

If you are going to create a poll you could at least use correct grammar, spelling and think through the options you are offering poll participants. Go to the corner of the class and put on the conical hat :LOL:

from JTraders prisonplanet link:

In February, President Bush said: "The Iranian people are good, honest, decent people and they've got a government that is belligerent, loud, noisy, threatening — a government which is in defiance of the rest of the world..."

the same could be said of the american people!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

neil said:
If you are going to create a poll you could at least use correct grammar, spelling and think through the options you are offering poll participants. Go to the corner of the class and put on the conical hat :LOL:

Cheers neil, I must admit grammar is ,and well, spelling i dont always hang about with, comma and stuff after new info, the wife is into that. When I speak or type it spews out, typiucally as with that word typically for instance, just happend.

As long as the questions can be sussed by readers then ,job done. Appologies to purists of the language. I must admit, it would do my nut in too.

Thanks for head heads up.

hmm I tell you what ive noticed over the last few years and i think its a condition , is the writing of a word and I put the letters the odd one or 2 the wrong way round.

now about the options of the poll , what would you like to see on there ?

double hmm as an aside but on language, its worrying ? that with the online and phone texting communications the language is being diluted even further m8 . But should we emabrace it and push it forward ?

Happy saturday.

How did the Vietnam War start?

How did last years Isreal Lebanon conflict start?

Notice any similarities? Lets hope this incident is different.

Last edited: