Irans capture of British troops

War games , Is it ?

• The west have created this situation to further advance against Iran

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Iran are pushing , because Russia is turning westernese with nuclear non assistance

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • UN forces, will attack within 3-6 months

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • This will fissle out, but will show Iran has balls, Big Ones.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
oh

TWI said:
TWI, the rose glasses I mentioned are those that make you think you are superior to the man who robs and murders .Its a matter of what you have to loose. you have a house mortgage etc
the security of the state allows you to have them .No military force means that there will be no one to ring when a chap knocks on the door and tells you is his house now.
rw - Must be misunderstanding here. I object to middle east adventure, the inability of the war makers to admit the mistake and so resolve it and the continued blatent hypocrisy and incompetence of the Bush administration.
Over the weekend I read an article by Lee Iacocca. He puts it rather well and as the person who sent me the link said
"He isn't a liberal, he isn't a crackpot, he isn't an activist, and he could hardly be called an anti capitalist. He's what they call a corporate insider.Since he's so hard to vilify, the corporate media is just going to completely ignore him"

http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=528992&agid=2
TW
my point is that to call the military ridiculous is to deny the result of not having a military

rwg24y said:
TW
my point is that to call the military ridiculous is to deny the result of not having a military
I said that i thought the military is a ridiculous job. Note - I did not say the military was ridiculous.

What i meant by that is, i would not want to be in the military, nor would i want any of my friends or relatives to be, as evidently, the military is a dangerous job, and surely no job is worth dying for. Thus to be placed in harms way for the sake of a job, in a fake war is ridiculous IMO.

JTrader said:
I said that i thought the military is a ridiculous job. Note - I did not say the military was ridiculous.

What i meant by that is, i would not want to be in the military, nor would i want any of my friends or relatives to be, as evidently, the military is a dangerous job, and surely no job is worth dying for. Thus to be placed in harms way for the sake of a job, in a fake war is ridiculous IMO.
fine but for some there is little alternative , think of it this way,
born and raised in steel town ,works shut,no job after school, no experience of work ,so is it the dole ,drugs , crime and all that follows ? or do you have a punt on the forces?
yes war is crap yes bush is wrong but lay of the forces .until youve been suck neck deep in govenment help schemes you realy do not appreciate the meaning of hell
:cheesy:
cheers all

rwg24y said:
fine but for some there is little alternative , think of it this way,
born and raised in steel town ,works shut,no job after school, no experience of work ,so is it the dole ,drugs , crime and all that follows ? or do you have a punt on the forces?
yes war is crap yes bush is wrong but lay of the forces .until youve been suck neck deep in govenment help schemes you realy do not appreciate the meaning of hell
:cheesy:
cheers all

Nobody has to resort to a life of drugs & crime, whether you come from a privaledged/affluent background or from the harshest ghetto. That would be a personal choice.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Armed Forces are generally made up of super people - active, adventurous, sporty, brave & unselfish teamplayers etc. etc. and I've not criticised the troops.

JTrader said:
Nobody has to resort to a life of drugs & crime, whether you come from a privaledged/affluent background or from the harshest ghetto. That would be a personal choice.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Armed Forces are generally made up of super people - unselfish teamplayers etc. etc. and I've not criticised the troops.

So calling someones job ridiculous is not being critical?
As for resorting to drugs and crime, no one has to resort to it I agree ,Im saying that the forces offer a valid option , and many who do join will tell you what their friends at home are up to ,and it aint all A levels and uni. :)
PS If getting injured at work is the definition o a ridiculous job where does that leave the staff in A&E ? Saturday night now lasts all week

Last edited:
rwg24y said:
So calling someones job ridiculous is not being critical?
As for resorting to drugs and crime, no one has to resort to it I agree ,Im saying that the forces offer a valid option , and many who do join will tell you what their friends at home are up to ,and it aint all A levels and uni. :)

Calling "a job" ridiculous is in no way being critical of any person doing that job.

Are you a troll?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
:) :cheesy:

rwg24y said:
of course I vote, but if voting changed anything it would be abolished
All the political parties have the same pitch
We will make you better off ,they lie, trust us we know best.
Violent revolution ,that may change things ,but normaly it results in more of the same.

Sad fact is we all deep down belive we are right . From this start all conflict begins. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Charles Kennedy stood against it right from the start.

Libs manifesto was to pull the boys out.

JTrader said:

I agree but if parliament was replaced by the French or Germans or some other force externally controlled and manipulated like in Iraq I would join the army or resistance and fight back.

That also goes for the Federal States of Europe and Brussels. I should qualify that though providing the British public (parliament votes against it).

Also, fighting back doesn't mean killing people. I'd fight back in clever ways like stealing their money or something. I don't know I'll think something up if it ever came to it. Like **** on the Eifell Tower so it rusts quicker you get the jist... :devilish:

rwg24y said:
NO NO NO,
I just get offended when you descirbe the job people get killed doing as ridiculous.
Sorry if that make you angry ,but thats how it is :(

You talk about the army and military defending the UK and how necessary they are. Agree 100%. As I said I would join up if I felt Parliament and our Constitution threatened by external forces.

What are they doing in Iraq fighting for the interests of USA and likes of Neo cons Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld?

You surely must be aware there were no WMD or Nuclear weapons or Al-Qaida which Sadam didn't even like.

Unfortunately the soldiers don't have a choice once they sign up. But we are slagging off the administration here and the politicians. Calling out their lies and denials.

In looking at the finger you miss the moon. :cheesy:

Atilla said:
You talk about the army and military defending the UK and how necessary they are. Agree 100%. As I said I would join up if I felt Parliament and our Constitution threatened by external forces.

What are they doing in Iraq fighting for the interests of USA and likes of Neo cons Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld?

You surely must be aware there were no WMD or Nuclear weapons or Al-Qaida which Sadam didn't even like.

Unfortunately the soldiers don't have a choice once they sign up. But we are slagging off the administration here and the politicians. Calling out their lies and denials.

In looking at the finger you miss the moon. :cheesy:

With that I agree ,but tw s words were the wrong ones to use( in my opinion )
that is why I posted ,Im not pro bush & blair

rwg24y said:
With that I agree ,but tw s words were the wrong ones to use( in my opinion )
that is why I posted ,Im not pro bush & blair

In that case I am sorry rwg24y, I don't mean any offence, it's just a bit of cheek. I'll try and tone down some of my outbursts...

On that note I think the fact that we can have a laugh and a joke about our soldiers is a great testamony to our way of life. At least we can say we are wrong and not get all hot under the collar.

I think in hard line countries like Iran where they take offence so easily, their soldiers might be flogged or something I don't know. It's not all bad.

Regards,

Atilla said:
In that case I am sorry rwg24y, I don't mean any offence, it's just a bit of cheek. I'll try and tone down some of my outbursts...

On that note I think the fact that we can have a laugh and a joke about our soldiers is a great testamony to our way of life. At least we can say we are wrong and not get all hot under the collar.

I think in hard line countries like Iran where they take offence so easily, their soldiers might be flogged or something I don't know. It's not all bad.

Regards,

Thats cool, and no offence taken , as Voltaire said I disagree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it.

prosperity to all .