Intuitive / Analytical Practical Application

And, just to keep everything balanced, here is a report that is decidedly bearish on the price of oil.

Associated Press
Oil Contrarian Sees Bubble Ready to Burst
Monday April 4, 5:48 pm ET
By Brad Foss, AP Business Writer
Crude Oil Contrarian Believes Oil Prices Could Plummet to $28 Per Barrel As Early As Summer

Most energy analysts on Wall Street expect oil prices to remain high for the foreseeable future because of strong demand and limited supply.
Then there is Tim Evans, a contrarian who says today's crude oil prices above $50 a barrel reflect nothing more than a market bubble fed by speculation and unwarranted fear. Evans, a senior analyst at IFR Energy Services in New York, believes oil prices could plummet to $28 a barrel as early as this summer.

"I guess that makes me the lunatic fringe," Evans said, followed up by a burst of laughter.

Evans' basic message is that the world's oil supply is sufficient to meet demand, that motorists will soon show that they're not willing to pay any price for gasoline and that the market is unreasonably receptive to worst-case-scenario thinking.

The 45-year-old analyst, who earned his bachelor's degree in mineral economics from Pennsylvania State University, has led energy research at IFR, a division of Thomson Financial, for the past 10 years, following stints as a copper trader and an analyst at a mining concern. Evans writes a twice-daily technical analysis of the petroleum markets that costs $395 a month and is read by institutional investors, major oil companies, fuel distributors, traders and journalists.

Oil prices began rising above historical norms a few months before the U.S. invaded Iraq and have maintained their upward momentum since then due to rising demand, a shrinking supply cushion and market worries about everything from a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico to pipeline sabotage in Iraq. The declining value of the dollar and increased hedge fund activity on futures markets have magnified the runup.

Rapid economic growth has largely masked the negative impact of high oil prices in the U.S., analysts say, though the airline industry has been stung, as have low-income families and those living on fixed incomes. Gasoline demand is about 2 percent higher than a year ago in spite of pump prices averaging $2.15 a gallon.

Veteran oil market analyst Peter Beutel of Cameron Hanover Inc. said Evans' outlook is not as crazy as his willingness to publicly stick out his neck.

"I don't disagree oil prices are going to drop precipitously at some point," Beutel said. "But, boy oh boy, they tell analysts to pick a time or pick a price, but don't do both. I certainly honor his bravery."

When pressed to do just that, Beutel said he could envision $28 a barrel, too -- in 2008.

Most oil analysts have steadily raised their oil price forecasts over the past two years, keeping themselves in sync with the market's upward momentum.

They back up their upward revisions with data pointing to a limited global supply cushion at a time of rising demand, particularly in the United States and China. They also cite the declining value of the dollar and they voice fears about possible supply disruptions all around the world: from labor strife in Nigeria to refinery snags in America.

Goldman Sachs analyst Arjun Murti last week raised his forecast for 2005 from $41 a barrel to $50 a barrel. The report said the market may be in the early stage of a "super spike" that sends prices as high as $105 a barrel -- the price Goldman Sachs said may be necessary to significantly curb energy consumption.

The report has contributed to a recent rise in crude futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange, where oil for May delivery settled Monday at $57.01 a barrel. Nymex futures closed at a record $57.27 a barrel on Friday.

Evans scoffed at the Goldman Sachs report, saying "the probability of reaching that price level is so small it's, like, laughable."

"Yes, $105 could happen. Texas could slide into the Gulf of Mexico. There could be a nuclear war with Iran. But you know that in a scenario like that I somehow don't think the world economy is going to be screaming for more oil."

Evans is not the only contrarian -- there are still a handful of analysts forecasting prices below $40 a barrel in the second half of the year -- but he may be the most blunt voice of opposition to the bullish market consensus. He sums up the group-think this way: "Greed makes you stupid."

Some of Evans' main arguments are as follows:

-- There is no worrisome lack of supply. With 1.8 million barrels a day of excess production capacity, Saudi Arabia can quickly pump enough oil to offset any disruptions, short of the most catastrophic scenarios.

"Oil prices have been rising for the last 18 months on hypothetical supply disruptions," Evans said. "Every time we come up with a new 'what if?', the oil price manages to go $5 higher."

-- Higher prices will eventually cause gasoline demand, which is now about 2 percent higher than a year ago, to taper off. And higher prices will lead producers, including Saudi Arabia, to pump more oil.

-- The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which the Bush administration has been filling at an average rate of nearly 250,000 barrels a day, is nearly full. By August, the market should have that much more supply of light, sweet crude available to it.

All of these factors have been ignored, Evans said, by the growing number of hedge funds and other speculators betting on crude futures, proving only that there is demand at any price for "paper barrels."

When asked why the market would ignore what he considers to be an adequate supply situation and instead focus on everything that could wrong to disrupt it, Evans answered with a question.

"Why did people chase Internet stocks in the late 1990s, and why did they shift from looking at earnings to looking at revenues and from looking at revenues to looking at the number of hits on a Web site as a method of valuation?"

And of course this is part of what you are up against when you trade or invest in stocks.
Everyone has an opinion, and all the arguments can seem quite reasonable at the time.

What are the facts.
Fact #1........CPE has locked in via hedging higher prices for it's near term, and possibly longer term production, at a level somewhere near twice the price it received for last years production.

Fact #2......Production levels can be maintained at last years levels, based on ultra-conservative reserves.

Therefore, from the two criteria that affect the short-term earnings picture, earnings should increase next financial year.

With oil companies, these are the two variables that affect the earnings, Price received, and Production.

SUMMARY.
Still in the trade from our Turtle strategy.
No position from an investment analysis, price too high.

cheers d998

Well, back down it goes, chopping up and down, brings in another "trader killer" and that is one of impatience.

My position in CPE, based on a Turtle type of strategy with an entry at $15.25 is showing a profit of about $0.20 for approximately 2 weeks........Pathetic.

And this is where frustration sets in.
Daytraders, hell man they make money everyday, in out, profit in the bank, I want to be a daytrader.

Of course, trading this slow system requires an insurance type of operation, viz. diversification.
You would not as in this example have all your money in 1 stock, it would be in a # of stocks. All you need is a couple to take off, and suddenly your bank starts to grow.

BUT IT IS LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY.
The psychology of PATIENCE is what is required.
Anyway today, more patience was required as

CALLON PETROLEUM (NYSE:CPE) Delayed quote data

Last Trade: 15.43
Trade Time: 4:05PM ET
Change: 0.33 (2.09%)
Prev Close: 15.76
Open: 15.76
Bid: N/A
Ask: N/A
1y Target Est: 17.33

Day's Range: 15.39 - 15.99
52wk Range: 10.15 - 18.00
Volume: 70,300
Avg Vol (3m): 137,181
Market Cap: 273.44M
P/E (ttm): 12.97
EPS (ttm): 1.19
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

We went backwards.
cheers d998

No, it is just boring and tedious, and it goes on and on, ad nauseam, really, it does. I'm off to nodland, goodnight Roberto.

rob and soc since you guys are so tired and sleepy why don't you add the spice of your calls to this thread and let's see how you see and call things on CPE. I mean with a name like Socrates well.. you have to be a deep thinker...or a deep sleeper???or a deep trader???Anyway, we need you on board. Come on guys jump in!! It might wake you up!!!

Price can also be seen as the value of volume instead of the business value. Volume is better translated into dollars to see the effect of demand and supply as it correlates to price. Money drives the market not shares per se. A price increase on 5000 shares says more than a price increase on 100 shares. Why? Because shares reflect money. 100 shares of 16.00 stock is $1,600.00 whereas 5000 shares of the same stock represents an 80 gran investment.

If price goes up on greater volume (more dollars) then we know that on balance there is more demand. If price goes down on increased volume then we know on balance more supply is there. It is not perfect but you can get some hints at supply and demand by correlating volume with price and turning volume mentally into money.

Money moves things. Sure for every sale there is a buy but what matters is the "balance" of supply/demand. This balance is hinted at by what price does when volume does it's thing.

For instance:

1) In an uptrend increasing volume on rallies with lighter volume on pullbacks denotes that demand is greater than supply and the probabilities favor the uptrend continuing until a top is made.

2) A slow uptrend or rally made with light volume that kills over at the top indicates a lack of demand (few buying orders) and also light selling orders. The market becomes what the old timers called a "dull" market at the top. This type of action denotes a probable turning point of the trend. The reversal may be sudden after the "slow" uptrend has struggled for several bars. When it does in fact turn down then volume may increase because the sellers (long and short) realize there is no hope for higher prices at this particular time. Long sellers want out and short sellers want to take a position. All this selling drives the market back down.

So, reading volume and interpreting how it correlates with price indicates who is in control for the time period under consideration - the bears or bulls.

SOCRATES,
Glad to see you back, thought I had lost the benefit of your very considerable experience on the Education thread. As you are finding this tedious, possibly a vegetable allegory will catch your interest.

Three little patatoes talking to their mum.

1'st patato
Mum, I have a date with Prince Edward, can I go?

Mummy Tata
Yes of course my dear, he's a Royal patato.

2'nd patato,
Mum, I have a date with Jersey Royal, may I go?

Mummy tata
Yes of course dear, he is also a Royal patato.

3'rd patato,
Mum, I have a date with SOCRATES, can I go?

Mummy tata
No dear,you may not, he is a COMMON TATA.

Socrates, anytime you feel like giving up commentating, and actually contributing to a live trade, you feel free to join in my son.

Tapewormtoo,
Apologies, just a little sputter from old Soc.
I have read your analysis, and will come back to you on this.

cheers d998

Tw2,

Price can also be seen as the value of volume instead of the business value. Volume is better translated into dollars to see the effect of demand and supply as it correlates to price. Money drives the market not shares per se. A price increase on 5000 shares says more than a price increase on 100 shares. Why? Because shares reflect money. 100 shares of 16.00 stock is $1,600.00 whereas 5000 shares of the same stock represents an 80 gran investment.

Sure, I don't disagree, IF, that volume is not returned to the market maker at the end of the trading day.

And this is the underlying problem with VOLUME analysis, it is difficult to know in real time, how much of that volume you are watching either being bought or sold is NOT daytrader volume, but volume that is of a longer duration.

After the market has closed, you can get a better feel by looking at institutional volume, and guestimating how long a time period they may hold it for, this at least gives you a hard figure to try and estimate an average daytrader turnover volume.

But, daytraders are attracted to stocks that "MOVE"......and their volume will ebb and flow as the stock increases or decreases its volatility.

All these variables make volume ultra-subjective, and lagging in respect to time and analysis.

1) In an uptrend increasing volume on rallies with lighter volume on pullbacks denotes that demand is greater than supply and the probabilities favor the uptrend continuing until a top is made.

Are you referring to an intra-day trend?
For intra-day I would probably agree with you.
For an EOD trend, viz. daily or weekly this is where you need to be careful, and really have a look at where the volume has gone.
If you can identify the buyer...........some institution, then for a period of time ???? that "Supply" has been used, and the Supply/Demand theory holds water.

However, if that volume is re-cycled back to the MM, then watch out, you have no idea what the volume is telling you, he can open that price anywhere he wants.

So, reading volume and interpreting how it correlates with price indicates who is in control for the time period under consideration - the bears or bulls.

Volume has no correlation to price at all unless you are cognizent of the fundamentals.
Price to a P&V trader means nothing, and you are by default counting on us fundies to tell you when "PRICE" is too high!!!!

cheers d998

ps. Are you in, stopped out, reversed, or on the sidelines?

ducatti,

I am sorry if the markets do not agree with you,
and I am sorry if you are impatient,
and I am sorry you find all of this frustrating,
and I am sorry if you would prefer to be a daytrader instead of a positional trader,
and I am sorry if you are envious of successful daytraders, who you say make their money quickly and easily and so on,
and I am sorry if you are beset with riddles you cannot solve,
and I am sorry if you post at length and do not get the responses you expect.

I am truly sorry for you for all these reasons, I really am.

I am truly sorry for you, but I am not you, so I cannot do anything about your problems, but it is discourteous and unfair and unreasonable and illogical of you to attack me as a consequence of your own difficulties.

And I wish you well in your endeavours, but not including me in any way, that is for certain. I do not understand why you are so aggressive and unhappy, none of it is my fault, and as far as I can observe not the fault of any member on this website. You make it sound as if it is, and I do not even know you or have met you personally. All I know is what you post, and frankly, I don't rate it.

You have prodded me to respond on several occasions. Your posture is not one that would encourage anyone to help you. This is very sad, because according to your frame of reference you are trying, but your attitude only serves to alineate those who are in a position to point you in the correct direction. I am not going to do it.

I wish you well but refuse to become embroiled in solving your problems, or persistently arguing with you, or otherwise.

KInd Regards.

SOCRATES,

You are obviously a very sorry person.

And I wish you well in your endeavours, but not including me in any way, that is for certain. I do not understand why you are so aggressive and unhappy, none of it is my fault, and as far as I can observe not the fault of any member on this website. You make it sound as if it is, and I do not even know you or have met you personally. All I know is what you post, and frankly, I don't rate it.

You didn't rate my Vegetable allegory. But I spent hours and hours on this, trying so hard.
Oh well.

You have prodded me to respond on several occasions. Your posture is not one that would encourage anyone to help you. This is very sad, because according to your frame of reference you are trying, but your attitude only serves to alineate those who are in a position to point you in the correct direction. I am not going to do it.

Prodded you to respond.
Yes I have.

Why?

Because you have on innumerable occasions boasted and bragged at what an expert you are.
I will always take someone at face value, until such time as they demonstrate that it is all just hot air.

I went to your supposed "LIVE" demonstration of market calls.
What a load of rubbish.
It was no such thing............it was as Q. observed, COMMENTARY on what was happening.

Therefore, as this thread is a "Live" trade, and people are offering thoughts and rationale behind their actions, this I thought would be an excellent opportunity for someone such as yourself to contribute some of this so called expertise.

As the trade is a swing, or position trade, you could have offered analysis outside of market hours, should trading commitments have limited live participation.
I fully expected your non-participation, as you see, you have pumped yourself up to such a degree, that of course there is no possible way that you could live up to your own hype.

This stock in addition is currently very choppy.
That makes it difficult on a number of parametres.

1....the trend ( short-term ) is not well established
2...there is a lack of stock specific "news"
3...plenty of non-specific news, viz. OIL PRICES
4...Indices are currently bearish in short-term

Therefore, any analysis will have every probability of making the person who offered it look remarkably stupid in the short-term.
The point is to see if regardless of setbacks etc. the trader can stick to his trading plan, and if that plan has merit. That is the trading plan will realise them a profit, or save them a horrible loss.

It was patently obvious that you could not join in, as, you have stated categorically that you have,

cracked all of this long ago

but of course that implies that this is all too easy etc. You couldn't afford to put up analysis, just in case the market didn't buy into your little glimpse into the futureology of CPE. You would then be exposed as someone who can talk the talk.....but not walk the walk.

I wish you well but refuse to become embroiled in solving your problems, or persistently arguing with you, or otherwise

Then you really shouldn't have jumped into the thread in the first place should you.
No-one was arguing with you prior to this intrusion, as of course, you weren't here.
That you decided to jump in, is what has got you embroiled in this little exchange.

You have little or nothing to offer, and I suspect that you never will.
Go back to your "Starchamber".........are you for real......... you are more than welcome to keep your own counsel, I shall muddle on in "LIVE" trading.

cheers d998

More Oil based news.
Good, you would imagine for CPE, bad for the index, mabe???
Or has the price of oil ceased to scare the index now.

Oil Dips Below $56 as Stockpiles Swell
April 06, 2005 3:41:00 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices slipped below $56 a barrel on Wednesday, adding to a stretch of previous losses after the U.S. government reported an eighth straight weekly rise in crude oil stockpiles.

U.S. light crude (CLc1) settled down 19 cents to $55.85 a barrel, more than $2 below Monday's all-time high of $58.28. London Brent crude (LCOc1) eased 17 cents to $55.27 a barrel.

The U.S Energy Information Administration said on Wednesday morning that inventories of crude oil in the world's largest energy consumer rose more than two million barrels to the highest level since June 2002.

U.S. stockpiles of crude have swelled about 8 percent in two months, the EIA said, helping to counter some lingering fears that rising global demand growth will outpace increases in production capacity.

Tempering the bearish impact of the crude inventory rise, the EIA report also showed gasoline stocks fell by 2.1 million barrels as demand ran nearly 2 percent ahead of last year despite record high prices at the pump.

Gasoline stocks fell even though refineries increased crude oil use to pump more as they emerged from maintenance ahead of the summer, when vacation driving demand peaks.

``The key to this report is that crude runs are moving higher but we saw a significant draw in gasoline. That caught the market off guard,'' said Ed Silliere, Energy Merchant Intermarket Futures.

THREAT TO ECONOMY

Worries that rapid energy demand growth in Asia's emerging economies could outpace supply growth have helped send U.S. crude prices more than 30 percent higher so far this year. Heavy buying from big-money funds has helped fuel the gains.

The head of the International Monetary Fund said on Wednesday that further sharp increases in oil prices could start to weigh on global growth.

``So far the effects of higher oil prices on global growth and inflation have been manageable,'' Rodrigo Rato said in a speech prepared for delivery at Georgetown University in Washington. ``But, further sharp increases may have more serious effects.''

Consuming countries need to work together to ensure market stability through better energy conservation, reduced obstacles to investment and improved transparency of oil data, he said.

U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said on Tuesday market forces could eventually lead to a big enough increase in crude oil inventories to cool the recent oil price ``frenzy'' but expressed concern about a lack of global refining capacity.

Higher prices have slowed oil demand growth, ``but only modestly,'' Greenspan said.

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries raised output limits by 500,000 bpd to 27.5 million bpd last month and left room for a second increase before a June meeting if prices failed to drop below $55.

OPEC oil production rose 175,000 bpd in March as the group boosted output, a Reuters survey showed.

© 2005 Reuters

Last Trade: 15.84
Trade Time: 3:33PM ET
Change: 0.41 (2.66%)
Prev Close: 15.43
Open: 15.43

Day's Range: 15.43 - 15.84
Volume: 49,700
Market Cap: 280.70M
P/E (ttm): 13.31

Continues it's daily chop.

And CPE closes strongly on PRICE, however that VOLUME indicates what?

Last Trade: 16.05
Trade Time: 3:59PM ET
Change: 0.62 (4.02%)
Prev Close: 15.43
Open: 15.43

Day's Range: 15.43 - 16.12
Volume: 64,000
Market Cap: 284.42M
P/E (ttm): 13.49

Bullish sentiment still seems to predominate.

Oil doesn't have to reach $105 a barrel for individual investors to benefit. The best ways to play the sector may be mutual and exchange-traded funds.

By Robert Walberg

The price of crude oil has jumped more than 30% since the year began, amid tight supply and growing demand from China, India and the United States. There's talk of a "super spike" that could send the price higher. Energy companies are pulling in big bucks, and their stocks are climbing.

All this has investors wondering whether there's still time to strike "bubblin' crude" like Jed Clampett. There is.
Wall Street's earnings estimates for oil companies are based on oil prices that seem almost old-fashioned now. So when the earnings come in, the stocks could rise even higher. The best ways for individuals to make money off the current oil boom include mutual and exchange-traded funds.

The most recent hoopla over oil happened last week, when Goldman Sachs made big headlines after its analytical team boosted its top price target on crude to $105 per barrel, from $80. Goldman noted that "oil markets may have entered the early stages of what we have referred to as a super-spike period, a multiyear trading band of oil prices high enough to meaningfully reduce energy consumption and recreate a spare capacity cushion only after which will lower energy prices return."

Back in the bubble
A move to $105 per barrel would represent a jump of more than 80% from today's historically high levels. It's not exactly Amazon.com (AMZN, news, msgs) at $300 per share, but it's close.

For those of you that don't remember, an Internet analyst boldly predicted that Amazon would hit $300 per share back during the Internet bubble. The stock almost immediately bolted to that level amid a wave of speculative buying. Amazon had yet to earn a penny, and sales were growing quickly but nowhere near levels that would support such a ridiculously high price. It was the advent of the Internet speculation that ultimately ended with the market tumbling down.

Goldman did a much better job of laying out a fundamental case for how and why oil prices could spike sharply higher. It's also important to realize that the firm didn't necessarily predict that crude would go to $105 per barrel, only that conditions are developing that could create a wild, temporary spike higher.

At the root of Goldman's argument is that back in the late '70s and early '80s, "gasoline spending was a much higher percentage of the economy and consumer spending than it is today, likely explaining the lack of impact we have seen thus far from what otherwise appear to be high crude oil and gasoline prices. Our new super-spike range assumes a level of gasoline spending relative to the economy and consumer spending that is still below the heights reached in 1979-1981, suggesting our new range could prove conservative."

For the gas-guzzlers
That's not a misprint folks -- Goldman believes its $105 outside target could prove conservative. That's a little scary, especially if you're like many Americans and drive a gas-guzzling SUV. Of course, Goldman stands alone in this forecast, so maybe we shouldn't worry too much.

Indeed, most analysts on Wall Street still see oil prices stabilizing below $50 per barrel. Then again, most Wall Street analysts have been underestimating crude prices for the better part of two years, so following the herd might not be such a good idea, either.

What should investors do? Energy stocks are up big this year. Seven of the 10 best-performing groups are energy related. Their gains ranging from 13% to 29%. But will the majority of the Street prove correct in its assumption of sub-$50 per barrel oil and, if so, will oil stocks fall?

On the one hand, it doesn't matter too much whether crude prices rise or fall another $5 per barrel. The fact remains that most of the Street's earnings estimates for the oil sector are based on mid-$40 crude, or lower.

That being the case, investors should expect the oil sector to handily beat estimates this earnings season. Additionally, since oil has remained at such a high price for so long, oil companies are likely to paint a pretty optimistic outlook for the balance of the year. Over the intermediate to long term, one thing that almost always bolsters share prices is better-than-expected earnings growth coupled with a bullish outlook.

An unlikely scenario
Obviously, if crude plummets it'll be unlikely that the energy sector will hold its gains. But does anyone really foresee a scenario in which crude prices drop below $45 per barrel? The worldwide economy would have to slip into recession and consumers would have to alter their consumption habits dramatically for that to occur. Basically, the downside risk to oil at this juncture seems limited.

So even if you think Goldman's analytical team is full of malarkey, it's still not too late to participate in the energy sector's biggest up-cycle in several decades. How best to play the rise in crude is another issue.

Buying a stock in the energy sector is the obvious, most-direct way to play the jump in oil prices. ChevronTexaco (CVX, news, msgs) did just this the other day, when it agreed to buy Unocal (UCL, news, msgs) for $16 billion. But buying individual stocks in the energy patch carries with it a relatively high degree of risk because it doesn't provide much diversification. There's little that's more frustrating to an investor than making the right sector call but picking the one or two stocks that grossly underperform.

That doesn't mean that adding a quality, large-cap name like Exxon Mobil (XOM, news, msgs) is a bad idea, especially since it's likely to get plenty of action from portfolio managers desperate to keep up with the sector's performance. It's just that it can be unnecessarily risky to pick one or two stocks from the sector.

Zeroing in with diversification
The use of industry-specific mutual funds is one way investors can increase their exposure to the sector in a more diversified manner. Some of the better-performing funds this year include Profunds UltraSector Oil and Gas (ENPIX), Fidelity Select Energy (FSENX), AIM Energy (FSTEX) and Vanguard Energy Index (VENAX). Investors should check with MSN Money's mutual fund research tools to find the funds' ratings, management fees and historical performances.

Exchange-traded funds, or ETFs, are another option open to small investors looking to participate in the energy rally with some diversification. The best performer and the most actively traded by far is the Energy Select Sector SPDR (XLE, news, msgs). It's up 20% so far this year and has total assets of $1.6 billion. Among its top holdings are Anadarko Petroleum (APC, news, msgs), Apache (APA, news, msgs), Burlington Resources (BR, news, msgs), ChevronTexaco and ConocoPhillips (COP, news, msgs). Other energy-related ETFs include Vanguard Energy VIPERs (VDE, news, msgs), iShares Energy Sector (IYE, news, msgs) and iShares S&P Global Energy Sector (IXC, news, msgs).

Unless you fancy yourself an oil analyst or you have a lot of time to devote to breaking down the numbers of each energy company in the oil and gas, exploration, oil services, oil tanker and alternative energy groups, then you should consider the fund or ETF options. ETFs probably offer the best bang for the buck because their fees tend to be lower and they trade like stocks, making them easier to manage.

Whatever you choose, the only bubble in the oil patch is the type coming up from the ground. So don't hesitate before adding some black gold to your portfolio. If nothing else, you can use your profits in the market to pay the prices at the pump.

Well for those still wondering why I post a lot of opinion, analysis, news stories or just plain bs, the reason is that when you open a position, you suddenly become rather aware of all sorts of things that may or may not affect your $15,000 position.

The price of oil, whether the index is up down or sideways, everything suddenly impacts your position............the chart prior to you opening your position looked real CLEAR.....what the **** happened? The point of this thread is to expose the trade to as much noise, contrary opinion, argument as possible, and find an entry that you can live with through all the noise, and not be shaken out by false moves, stops being run, MM manipulation etc.

The stopped out position, that broke horizontal support, I've lost count of the # of times that has happened to me...........I very rarely ever re-enter, psychological failing on my part, they just pissed me off too much.

Ok, it looks like we have a runner, and we are now starting to rub our hands together, checking out the new 999's. So, the entry, I think is now underway, and we shouldn't be shaken out. How to take delivery of that lovely new Ducati?

How are we going to manage this trade?
How, specifically are we going to exit?
As fate would have it, there is a poll, that asks.....................how important is the exit?

Any takers, all exit methods are valid, but preferrably one that makes me some money!!!

cheers d998

Tw2,
Weakness, sure definite possibility.

Weakness from whom?
As this is a small cap stock, you still have to watch the Institutional holdings, if they start selling, there will be some real price weakness.

Also, if the daytraders feel that there is better opportunity elsewhere, they will not trade this stock, thus a daily volume reduction.

This stock is off the boil, and fluctuating in a 5% - 10% range which frustrates many, and will reduce interest as it makes for boring trading, and difficult, and unprofitable and daytraders hate that.

If......it makes a new high, then it will be interesting to see what happens to volume.
cheers d998