Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,

My name is Julien, i'm french, i have 6 yo experience on markets (futures & forex). I'm a freelance trader, working for a company regulated in France (trader) and i'm Director of strategy on the board of two hedge funds (Switzerland & Mauritus). I manage account with a european broker (target 5% month, with 2% max drawdown). I'm there to share my experience.

Hi everyone.
I do business development in the US for a few firms as an independent contractor. Some of the firms offer best in class pricing for trading in US Equities, and others offer a fully vetted platform in Malta for emerging managers. One of the firms is offering institutional pricing in FX for retail and prop, US accounts only though.
If anyone needs an introduction, or has further questions, please kindly email me at [email protected].
Thank you and as always, plan the trade, trade the plan.
Best
Doug

Hello guys. I am new to this forum but been trading on and off for around 5 years. So my official "Forex Age" i think is around 2 years. Made some, lose a lot.
I am here to share what i know and also learn what i don't know so that i can make a lot and only lose some ;)

Hi everyone I'm grq, I've traded live part-time for a few months one step forward one step back but learning more and more along the way..

Hi, trader name is tnerb, have traded commodity futures for 30 years. Really looking to model spread strategies that I've used. Have the strategies, need the technical expertise to model them. Thanks,

I am new to this Forum, and I am a bad Forex trader. I join this Forum and hopefully I can improve my trading skills

Hi, T2W members,

I just recently found the T2W forums and wanted to say "hello" to you.

I am a retired professional trader/risk manager for a private prop trading firm. I spent most of my trading career using technical analysis and options to swing trade the ETF & Equity options on the U.S.-listed exchanges.

I am retired from the corporate setting and have been trading the Weekly Options and the Nadex forex options (and sometimes the indices/metals) as my primary home-based career.

I have really enjoyed trading the Weekly Options and the Nadex options (primarily the spreads & binaries). I find these instruments deeply liquid and transparent and fairly priced. Commissions are extremely cheap/fair.

My trades are < 9 days max in duration. I trade butterfly spreads and condors and credit spreads.

However - I focus on selling At-The-Money (ATM) premium - unlike most credit spread traders that focus on far Out-of-The-Money (OTM) short options.

Once the ATM premiums are seriously depleted - if enough time is still available - the butterfly/condors may be adjusted to capture more ATM premium.

I use technical analysis on multiple-time frame analyses, and focus on Support and Resistance levels, and Fibonacci Retracement & Extension zones. Other indicators include the MACD and the EMA(20,100) tools. I have found that looking at multiple time frames have significantly helped in my overall trading accuracy.

Most of my trades have a defined max risk of loss of (-$1000) (USD). However, because of the short ATM premiums, and the ability to adjust, most of my spread trades are successful. I adjust the positions when it hits +/- 1 std dev, or at key Support/Resistance zones, or at Trend Change points from the multiple time frame technical analysis scenario.

By attacking the ATM premiums, my winning trades are significantly higher than the OTM credit spread winners. The ATM winners tend to be from (+25% to +50%), and sometimes (+250% or more on butterfly spreads) - most OTM credit spread wins are in the (+2% to +5%) per wk.

I would like to meet and openly discuss with other full-time traders especially if trading from home. I am open to sharing the ideas, books, videos, etc., that I have found to be of greatest help for individual trading growth and success.

I have nothing to sell - I am not affiliated with any trading brokers, platforms, software vendors, etc.

Just a full-time individual trader from home - and enjoying the extreme short-term focus and advantages of the Weekly Options and NADEX options.

In my opinion - there is no better time than now for the individual trader.

I hope to meet and exchange ideas with you. Thank you!

WklyOptions

PS (1) - will post later my new opened trades from today to allow/stimulate discussions hopefully.

PS (2) - I hope to post to the T2W forum on the thread under "Home Career".

Hi, I am new here. I just finished my expert advisor buider at myeabuilder.com- a simple tool to create eas for mt4. Please try it. Thanks

Hello everyone :)

I've been reading on and off about trading stocks and shares for a few years now, after a spell of spreadbetting during the turn of the eurozone crisis I lost the money I put it and basically gave up for 2 years, I'm starting to read up again and this time get educated and be more responsible.

When I was younger I did read The Naked Trader and a book by Malcom Prior but that knowledge left me as soon as I began doing the real thing! Read a little while ago the naked trader 3, I am looking for some more good reads if anyone has any recommendations!

I do the odd spreadbetting now, but with just £1/point on 350p shares etc.

Looking forward to absorbing all that this site gives me!

Hi New to this area. Been trading for almost 10years. And love it, had hadr times and good times. hahaha

Hi everyone, first post here. Have been lurking in the background for a year or so. Have been trading since 1996. (Makes me an old timer, doesn't it?)

I see a lot of questions.

I trade only the ES (e-mini S&P). But I follow other futures indexes such as the Nasdaq, and the S&P Midcap. I am a mechanical trader and use a number of systems that I have developed. I divide the day into 3 bars (130 minute bars) and then use the prices from eSignal and paste them into my spread sheets.

thank you for your time.

Hello everyone, just found this site here recently. I have been looking for a solid traders forum for a little while now. I am a student down at Texas A&M and have been trading for about 4 years now. Cut my teeth with stocks and researching mutual funds and now I am primarily into options. Just trying to nail down my strategies and plans before I graduate and can begin to throw money at my passion here.

Hi - just having a look at trading having been long term investor in the stock market for some time. Will get my head down in the newbies sections!

Hi Everyone

I am a full time trader ex prop. I started trading stocks 15 years ago. These days I swing trade future spreads and pairs plus dabble in some directional stuff.

SD

Last edited:
Hi, Sharkey, Andrew, T2W members,

First time to T2W - looks like a diverse group of traders/investors. Glad to find this forum!

Worked as trading risk manager in private trading group - not glamorous profession as no speculation was allowed. Primary role was to focus on balancing the options Greeks as part of delta-hedging trading group. Actually pretty boring "trading" job.

Now retired x 10 yrs - trading only options-based strategies on US-listed options in the Weekly Options niche. Focusing on major ETF & equity weekly options. Also trading FX options but thru NADEX.

Looking forward to dialogue, ideas, constructive exchanges, w all T2W members!

Willing to share my reviews and experiences of the many DVDs, books, trading systems, that I have studied in detail over the past 30+ yrs.

I will post primarily in the Home Career/Home Trader thread - as I trade independently now as a full-time options trader.

Much more interesting now being able to swing trades and capture directional momentum moves! Much more fun and profitable than strictly delta-hedging.

Thank you and hope to meet you in the threads soon!

WklyOptions

Hello everyone,forum newbie here. I've traded equities and options with success over the last 8 years or so. I do some longer term value investing in my self managed 401 and also have an account with think or swim that I trade options in. I have dabbled in futures and was in the David Elliott emini room for a short time. I did learn some things there, mostly that I need some strict rules and a plan. So I took a break from futures for a few years. I've recently started to take another interest in futures and been trading the YM and soybeans with some minor success just on support and resistance breaks with single contracts. I would really like to learn a system to follow. I don't have a problem following a plan,but I do have trouble making one. The one that caught my eye is the premier trading university. I work 50-60 hours per week so I don't get to trade too much right now,but will be retired in 2 years and would like trading to supplement my pension. I'm not looking for handouts or for someone to tell me what stock to buy I'm looking to learn. Also it's the only thing I truly love almost as much as flyfishing. Oh and my family

Hey everyone!

I have been spread betting for quite a while, almost 5 years now, and I first learnt about it from a friend who was an addict to it. A long time graduate, I kept on learning and loosing too much in the process until I started to be a bit profitable. I still have a few minor things to learn though. I hope I will have fun in this forum and have good discussion with the experienced and new traders.

Happy green pips all

Hello everyone

I have been trading for almost 6 years now, mainly FX but have dabbled in stock and index CFDs. My trading has evolved to the point where I now employ time series modelling techniques to trade spot FX, options on FX, and all sorts of futures contracts, on weekly and monthly timeframes.

Namaskar,
I am rather new to investing in sharemarket and hence trying to learn it. I should really thank you for allow me to become a member of this forum. Have gone through some messages and really feel here I can get some knowledge from fellow members which i can apply to my trading and be profitable. Thanks again.