Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning BP

Now what happened to end of hour TW at 11 09 am and 1478 ??

Thats were you scalp bought - and price over 1478 really - but 87 - thats like 5 min entry time ???

Have a good day

Regards

EU

11 47 pm

peaked at 11 29 at 1495/6 and then was a scalp sell at 11 33 off the LH at 92/3

We need under 83 and 77 to stay with scalp sell

If neither are met we will try over 1495 again

pete ( yes )that trade taken of 5min was late on entry though should have been 74/75 but still made profit ------ said this before leave the kamikaze trading to you (lol)

Now I feel excluded :(

:cheesy:

Morning Nick

Lol

Hope you are well

I have kept PM's on closed last 20 months or so - simply because what happened in another forum - i ended up with 300 friends and was inundated with PM's etc etc

Need to review I reckon now

Got a phone call to collect my son - so out for 20 mins or so

See you later guys

F

You are correct - mindset is so important

But it can be helped by a really good method that suits your own weaknesses - for me i need high win ratios - ie over 65% average - and I like to be in and out under 30 mins if I can - in fact 20 pips in 10 mins and I am happy as Larry - who ever Larry is

(y)
For me it was waking up to how fearful I was. I could either keep my weakness or examine it, I chose the later.
The fear was nothing more than an illusion, created by my mind. Im thankful for it, now. :)

I wanted to ask N a quick question before his break, but the threads closed.
I think that my perspective on F was different to many in the early months because I spent many years on a trading floor and am used to the serious banter and mind sets of successful traders.....
What job did you do on the floor out of interest?

UJ

11 03am

If I said 3 times - ie 9 21 am - 10 01 am and 10 31 am - what might you say ??

Well ideally you would say - those are 3 times of 6 KT''s in every hour ( give a minute either way )

I have also been saying for 20 months on this thread - I look for scalps at key times as well - if they line up with interim levels and with LR''s and PA

Well this chart gives an example - but I did not get all 3 - only the last one.

197330d1440410901-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-uj-240815am-3scalps.png

UJ

12 39 pm

Was out when it made 119 90 low

Out last scalp sells - but still have a 30% on from earlier on

Need now over 120 23 and 26 to stay or take new scalp buys or - under 119 85 and 80 to take new scalp sell

For me it was waking up to how fearful I was. I could either keep my weakness or examine it, I chose the later.
The fear was nothing more than an illusion, created by my mind. Im thankful for it, now. :)

I would agree with you there - its an illusion

Every time I cross the street or a busy highway - I dont think I am going to die - but everyday some people do - and not always through their own fault - but I would never cross the road without taking adequate precautions etc

If I was younger - I would want to challenge my fear - and get back over 25+ lots - etc - but nowadays at my age - i have not bothered

Fear is a funny thing - I dont mind animals - dogs - cats - snakes - spyders - etc etc - but put me a in closed room with a small bat flying around and I would flip
- again a bad experience from when I was younger.

Never tried hypnotism etc - I know of a few friends who tried it to quit smoking and reduce alcohol addiction - but I realise to control your mind - there so many ways and its finding what works for you

(y)

UJ

12 39 pm

Was out when it made 119 90 low

Out last scalp sells - but still have a 30% on from earlier on

Need now over 120 23 and 26 to stay or take new scalp buys or - under 119 85 and 80 to take new scalp sell

UJ

12 52pm

Low now 119 58 and caught some under 120 00 and after 12 41pm

moved other 30% stop down to 120 00 now

No 1 30 pm news today - interesting to see if we still get any spikes at that time

Long lunch and back after 2 15 pm I reckon

That EU still want higher for now I reckon - but as we know - all can change in just a 20 -30 minutes etc

GL - see you later

I wanted to ask N a quick question before his break, but the threads closed.

What job did you do on the floor out of interest?

hey D

I joined the floors in late 70's as a finance analyst/back office support.......I spent 11 years in various finance/risk/analyst positions alongside most of the traders/product desks acting as a link with central finance.....got the best of both worlds and certainly worked with some legendary traders and teams there........most got poached over the years to the bigger firms but great party times in London during that amazing Maggie period......I then left shell in late 80's with a few quid in my pocket , got divorced , was bored being an accountant and went travelling around the world / job hopping along the way for 3 years ...but that's another story ;)

Thread was closed as it was going nowhere after everyone had had their say ........i'm stepping out for a while focusing on some testing and generally just trading instead of posting at t2win

Cheers
N

Last edited:
I don't care if you're a disser, or an @55 kisser, come one and all, and bask in my magnificence..BAAASK, I TELLS YA.

View attachment 197336

£ 24.8.15 DEOD.png

P.S. If anyone has lost some monies trading Cable today, thank you, and keep up the good work.

Best
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.