I could have left 84 sell on - but would not risk a 10 -12 pips stop

its been clearly a sell on my set up last 50 mins

Now finally under 84 - 79 and 70 and as i type 58

EU

3 23pm

Now under 1240 and 30 testing 1225 and 20 supports

Not been scalping it just left partial stakes on and move stop down to 1257 now

I think I am going to finish at 4 00 pm ish today

Might leave some part stakes on until later - as out tonight and so would pop back later

Its been another good day for me and a nice finish to the week and then end of month

With me being away in August - not my best month - but this week nearly made up for week off

Last edited:
4 00 pm on the dot was the EU scalp buy from 1217 /8

need over 1242 to stay with it

All the best

Will pop in later

Have a great weekend

Regards

F

i just hit 20% for today

Hello MajorMagnum,

20% a month with consistency really is an excellent result, truly excellent in fact.
20% a day needs to be an outlier otherwise a blow up is inevitable.
As you are Forexmospherians star pupil would you be willing to post detailed statements that are time stamped, including pnl, cumulative profit and account balance. If you do I'm sure that the dissers will have nothing left more to say.

Good Luck

3.00-3.01 by 3.09 you were thinking oops, but medium lr's were heading down and then bingo.

Have a good weekend.

Cannot like your post - run out of them today Nick

Yes UCad played around before the drop

there was a couple of scalp sells before the drop after 3 09 pm

Market wanted to trick more bulls in to commit - and then 80 pip fall in total

Enjoy your weekend - will start planning for after holiday break whether to do private trading journal or look at all options

Around next week - even maybe part Monday

Regards

F

Hello MajorMagnum,

20% a month with consistency really is an excellent result, truly excellent in fact.
As you are Forexmospherians star pupil would you be willing to post detailed statements that are time stamped, including pnl, cumulative profit and account balance. If you do I'm sure that the dissers will have nothing left more to say.

Good Luck

Good point KK

I have actually said to MM 20 -30% a day even with no compounding is too much risk - although he stays under 2% on main stakes etc

Personally continual 3 -6% per day on small account under $50k is possible when you are in complete control and not compounding and taking monies out weekly etc. it might take you a few years - but all possible to maintain 90% of the time - day in day out with a good intraday method and advance money management and stops already in profit

Its the compounding that can ruin many - as well as getting cocky thinking i will risk more etc etc

The 7 bad losses in a row do happen - even if you have a 75% win record over 1000's of trades - so agree to try and maintain 20% a day even on a £1k account is too much

Enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

Good point KK

I have actually said to MM 20 -30% a day even with no compounding is too much risk - although he stays under 2% on main stakes etc

Personally continual 3 -6% per day on small account under $50k is possible when you are in complete control and not compounding and taking monies out weekly etc. it might take you a few years - but all possible to maintain 90% of the time - day in day out with a good intraday method and advance money management and stops already in profit

Its the compounding that can ruin many - as well as getting cocky thinking i will risk more etc etc

The 7 bad losses in a row do happen - even if you have a 75% win record over 1000's of trades - so agree to try and maintain 20% a day even on a £1k account is too much

Enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

Show me a trader who can day in day out return 3/6% on any account size and I will be utterly speechless. I've worked both sides of the market and can tell you I've yet to see it happen.

(y)

Hello MajorMagnum,

Good Luck

I believe that some may be able to hit that number in a day - especially retail accounts - , whats not possible is to repeat that for long time - consistency - .

Show me a trader who can day in day out return 3/6% on any account size and I will be utterly speechless. I've worked both sides of the market and can tell you I've yet to see it happen.

(y)

Interesting

Last year i had I think 36 days when I did not make my 50 pip target

But no full day when I lost - easy to lose if only trading for an hour or two - but intraday covering over 6 hrs - then its all down to disciplines - and i am sure 90% of traders fail on that as well

I will not take one trade - if I cannot get as a scalp on a 3 to 5 pip stop

I never even think of trading with a 10 or 20 + pip stop - it focuses the mind

Also its important to trade way under you main lot size you are used to - so take the pressure off

Most traders try compounding and then the mind goes - but you need a special method to get consistency - 99% of methods lack it

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.