Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
GU - sticking at 6407/8 - - not in a time window - but thinking will take other 30% off if no 6400 in next 5 -7 mins - and then might be able to get a scalp buy

GU and EU in scalp sync here - both gone to scalp buys - but still will look for more scalp sells - under 30 on GU and under 71-74 area on EU

2.30pm UK time - still cannot scalp sell EU or GU as they approach my zone

If they breach above by 3-5 pips - hold scalp buys on

OK - out GU scalp buy at 23

Out again before hr change - but will be around still for the odd 30 mins up to around 6 pm time

GU - sticking at 6407/8 - - not in a time window - but thinking will take other 30% off if no 6400 in next 5 -7 mins - and then might be able to get a scalp buy

This comment was over 75 mins ago - got the scalp buy after exiting scalp sell - but exited at 23 - and did not leave any part stake on . GU now out 6450 on my return to desk - shame even 20 pips on 30% stake would have been nice to have in my "kitty"

Similar on EU exited at 72 - now at 3686 - but needs over 89 and 92 to hold on longer with scalp buys

5 mins from hr time window

Dollar weakness last 30 mins - GU another high of the day now - Eu still not over 89 -92 -?

Around a bit later on - meanwhile you need over 89 and 92 still to hold on longer with scalp buys and now 77 and 74 would be scalp sells

GL

7.00pm time window and EU isn scalp sell mode under 87 - but slow and really in its intraday range of 3690 to 3655 - 35 pips. GU and EU have been asleep late afternoon and the action as been with the EJ / EA and AU

EJ - rose approx 65 pips after 3pm and EA approx 60 pips - whilst EU stays in a 20 pip area only really for scalpers.

That's why you should look at other pairs and not have all your Forex eggs in the EU basket.

Even the AU dropped approx 40 pips from the 4.00pm time window ;-))

A pretty boring day and pleased I had not been around all the time to observe it

Regards

F

Attached EJ chart showing over last 24 hrs price as moved up 135+ pips

In the same time the EU as risen approx 45 pips - but whilst really going nowhere in a range

Which would be the easiest to trade ?? ;-)

Attachments

• EJ - 140114.JPG
    EJ - 140114.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 100
Hi F,

Just a quick question if I may.

You do seem to spend some time away from trading everyday whether it be school run etc, and my question is how do you cope with being away for a hour or so, and come back and see a currency pair that's moved 30+ pips, and all the potential opportunities you've missed.

With trading being my full time occupation, even if I go grab a mug if coffee, and when I come back if I see a 10+ pip move that I have missed it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth to the point where so much time is spent rueing the missed opportunity that I might let the next 3 opportunities slip as my focus is on the one that I missed(having a win at all costs mentality in this game sometimes seems like a hinderence than a help).

I look forward to your response.

P.s. have a good week, I know I am.
;)

Best
John.

Hi F,

Just a quick question if I may.

You do seem to spend some time away from trading everyday whether it be school run etc, and my question is how do you cope with being away for a hour or so, and come back and see a currency pair that's moved 30+ pips, and all the potential opportunities you've missed.

Best
John.

HI John

I suppose it's really because I am semi -retired - my own boss - and I try to not let the Forex market take over my life - like it did for many years;-)

I have not taken any real holidays in the last 3+ months which is unusual as for many years I have taken three of four main overseas breaks plus at least 3 long weekenders. I am planning a month plus or so in the summer and do have a few other non trading projects going on atm

If you go back over the 10 weeks or approx 50 working days since I have been posting on T2W - I have not missed any full days and have spent at least 35-40 days of 4 - 10 hr days trading and so far as of today only missed 5 days when I have not achieved over my 50 pip daily target

Yesterday was a great Monday - I spent less than 5 hrs trading and easily over achieved my target. Today I doubt if I did 3 hrs of full trading from 7am to 7 pm tonight - and agree missed many non EU good moves

I look upon that as "just part of the trading game" - but would be very concerned if I was not achieving over 200+ pips per week

Last year my best one day was just over 400 pips ( a great day - July 4th and 24 trades). I had several days over 200 pips - but probably over 20 days when I did not make my 50 pips target

Swings and roundabouts - first priority is not too have a losing day - second priority make money - third priority make over 50 pips - fourth priority - don't spend all day achieving it ;-))

In the back of my mind - I still don't like having 8 -15 losing trades a week - i don't like missing good pips, I need to leave more "free trades" on - etc etc - but I just accept I am far from perfect - the market is the boss - but I am a very fortunate person - I can switch off easy - Stress to me would be a single young woman with 2 young kids - on the dole - no money and nothing really to look forward to and no choice.

I have choice - so I do count my blessings :)

I hope that explains how I see it

Good Trading John

Regards

F

7.00pm time window and EU is in scalp sell mode under 87 - but slow and really in its intraday range of 3690 to 3655 - 35 pips. GU and EU have been asleep late afternoon and the action as been with the EJ / EA and AU

EJ - rose approx 65 pips after 3pm and EA approx 60 pips - whilst EU stays in a 20 pip area only really for scalpers.

That's why you should look at other pairs and not have all your Forex eggs in the EU basket.

Even the AU dropped approx 40 pips from the 4.00pm time window ;-))

A pretty boring day and pleased I had not been around all the time to observe it

Regards

F

Morning Traders - Its Wednesday 15th January 2014.

The above comment was said approximately 12 hrs ago at 7 00 pm yesterday and now it's approx 7.05 am UK time and the European Open

The EU stayed in scalp sell mode and breached under 55 and out of its range - hitting 3626 approx three and half hrs ago

EU price approx now 3639 and although in a scalp buy mode - needs over 45 and 48 to hold in any attempt to test the R's at the 55 -65 area

Need under 3629 and 25 to be taking or holding any scalp sells for a test of 3600 and below.

GU and AU carried on falling and the UChf as risen over night to 9067 - still a LH to last Friday's 9093 and over 9100+ earlier in the week.

Will be scalping prior to School run and then hopefully around later on this morning with some more comments etc

Have a good Wednesday :)

Regards

F

Last edited:
9.00am time window starting now and EU is another scalp sell under 3632. Would need above 37 and 42 to be holding scalp buys or taking more.

GU - similar to EU - been falling - under 6415 still in intraday down bias with supports around the 6370 -80 area. The GU as been better for scalping both ways since early open and my spread is only 0.2pip difference - but the moves are like double and treble compared to the over manipulated EU

EJ - topped at 142.60 area - and is in scalp sell bias under 45 with now needing under 142.10 and 142 to hold on longer

GU needs under 6390 and 86 to hold the scalp sells on longer - other wise take what you can get - as another scalp buy in on over 88

Status
Not open for further replies.