Trade Result:
Trade Record: 10-2

Trade 13: Closed at 1.3588
Long: 1.3564
S/L: 1.3550
Target: Open
Trade Result: Winner +24 pips
Trade Record: 11-2

Going to bed...Oh, pretty much just got back the money I lost on the previous trade :cool:

Competition Trade Journal

Trade 8: Closed at 1.3582
Long: 1.3611
S/L: 1.3582
Trade Result: Loser -29 pips
Trade Record: 6-2

Overall Trade Record - Located in "Forex - Intraday EUR/USD Trades"

Trade 11: Closed at 1.3582
Long: 1.3611
S/L: 1.3582
Trade Result: Loser -29 pips
Trade Record: 10-2

Compounding. Why? When the rules we agreed at the outset, did you NOT post your full account (total points gained & lost) on each of your trading posts. You seem to have just summed the winning and losing trades. If I’d have known maybe I would have stood a slim chance of winning.

Congratulations. You won 10-2.

Trade 14:
Short: 1.3600
S/L: 1.3613
Trade Result:

Trade 14: A
S/L: 1.3622
Trade Result:

Damn, my timing is off again. I simply can't take these kind's of drawdown. Should have shorted at a better price - 1.3609-11 or something...

Trade 14: A
Trade Result:

Damn, my timing is off again. I simply can't take these kind's of drawdown. Should have shorted at a better price - 1.3609-11 or something...

Trade 14: B
S/L: 1.3613
Trade Result:

S/L returned to 1.3613.

On what basis do you set your stoploss ?

Paul

I consider myself a dynamical trader, because the capital markets is dynamical. I usually set my S/L's above or below S&R levels. If there is no clear S&R levels to place my stops, then that's when I need good timing. Meaning I would have to buy or sell at a optimal level, so that I can have a small drawdown - usually 10-15 pips the most. Any S/L that is more than 15 pips is bad for me. It means that my timing wasn't good enough. I believe that any real successful trader, whether he trades intraday or swing, should not have a S/L more than 15 pips, but there is an exception to this...im currently developing a predictive model time series neural network trading system in Excel, and I don't think I'll be so fortunate to have drawdowns that are consistently in the 10-15 pips range. There is an attachment below of the system btw. The tabs in red is the heart of the system. That part I can't show you.

So, it all depends on the situations described above where I ultimately put my S/L.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    133 KB · Views: 227
I base a stop loss and position size on the volatility of the instrument being traded in the time frame I am trading it in.

Paul

Trade 14: C
Trade Result:

Trade 14: Closed
S/L: 1.3556
Trade Result: Winner +44 pips
Trade Record: 12-2

Could take another long right now probably, but I gotta be somewhere :cool:

05:50 AM Trade 14: C
Trade Result:

08:59 PM Trade 14: Closed
S/L: 1.3556
Trade Result: Winner +44 pips
Trade Record: 12-2

Could take another long right now probably, but I gotta be somewhere :cool:

Hi Compounding,
Interesting posting. Your performance figures look very consistent so far. Could you perhaps tell us more about the methodology behind your trades?

Just wanted to get some clarification here on trade 14. Specifically 05:50am Trade 14 C you re-set the stop loss to 1.3622 and then at 08:59 pm you closed the trade for a profit. Now unless you dynamically re-set the stop in between without posting the fact, would you not have been stopped out on the news spike yesterday at 13:30 which traded up to around 24 mid price? Or is there some policy about adjusting your stops at around news trading which we should know about?

Hi Compounding,
Interesting posting. Your performance figures look very consistent so far. Could you perhaps tell us more about the methodology behind your trades?

Just wanted to get some clarification here on trade 14. Specifically 05:50am Trade 14 C you re-set the stop loss to 1.3622 and then at 08:59 pm you closed the trade for a profit. Now unless you dynamically re-set the stop in between without posting the fact, would you not have been stopped out on the news spike yesterday at 13:30 which traded up to around 24 mid price? Or is there some policy about adjusting your stops at around news trading which we should know about?

My data comes from Interbankfx. They have a bad habit of stop hunting at times, and I do prepare myself for it at all times. Usually If my S/L is above a certain S&R level like in this case I will tweak it 3 pips above the original S/L to prevent stop hunting. Either case check the market data from InterbankFx - the market never touched 1.3622.

gud trade . any new trad todat ?

I said I wasn't gonna post anymore trades, but now I don't know. God..the thrill and love of the game is so much..and the allure...overwhelming :). I might sneak another one in. It could be another long position. I'll wait and see.

I said I wasn't gonna post anymore trades, but now I don't know. God..the thrill and love of the game is so much..and the allure...overwhelming :). I might sneak another one in. It could be another long position. I'll wait and see.

Go on, you know it makes sense. That was a better trade by the way.