Index Spread Betting

closed for £55.

hogfish. i am going out now so reply you on monday
have a good weekend to all.

Hi there, Any one using Capitalspreads. I went short on the FTSE100 and put my stop loss eleven points above the price. Ftse went up 10 points afterwards and i got kicked out just before it retraced in my predicted direction . I called them to ask why and they told me its because of their one pip spread. Is this standard practice with sb firms to close your positions when price is just a pip away from your stop loss or was this just a rip off.

Thanks.
It gone up 10 points this mean the ask price reached your stop loss point , its ok to be stopped out , but if the ask price didnt reach your point it is not ok .

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/16595-capital-spreads-439.html#post468358

Hi e-trader as I understand it their spread can be thought of as a price envelope around the real level of the market (or quote, if there isn't an underlying market). If their spread envelope touches your stop then you are history. It's a bid/offer thing.
Apologies to Top Trader for posting in his thread.

Mike

good morning
no trade yesterday.
closed BP LONG for £240.
pot value £7710.

was thinking of LLOYDS at 294p but decided not to chase.

Just reading through your thread, very impressive reading. Well done on your trades, not only have you mastered protecting your capital but you seem to have a good handle on equities and indices. I hope you continue doing well and reach your target. Now if only I could follow your example.

Just reading through your thread, very impressive reading. Well done on your trades, not only have you mastered protecting your capital but you seem to have a good handle on equities and indices. I hope you continue doing well and reach your target. Now if only I could follow your example.

hope so, i could have done much better but then trying not to over trade, most common mistake all spreadbetter do, including me.

trading pot is worth now at £7785 after nearly 6 weeks.
may not be able to perform as good in future but will try not to loose much hopefully.
few IMPORTANT figures coming today and tomorrow so will not NOW rush to trade anything but knowing me there is always something to trade.