Simple ESMini Strategy?

Hi, I'm new and looking for a pdf called: simple as 123, did a google search and directed me to simple as 123.net which doesn't exist any more then directed me here. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Interested in opening an e-mini acct. Thanks for any help
Darleen

From all the books ive ever read on trading, day trading S&P range breakouts is not a good idea.

For example Elder in his book recommends that you fade breakouts in the S&P and play for a return
to the middle of the trading range.

The results of back testing would seem to verify this.

donaldduke said:
From all the books ive ever read on trading, day trading S&P range breakouts is not a good idea.

For example Elder in his book recommends that you fade breakouts in the S&P and play for a return
to the middle of the trading range.

The results of back testing would seem to verify this.
I have got this to work over the past year but not to a great degree.

Now I'm going to test waiting for a pullback and also a fade strategy to see if I can get towards the magical 2 points per day.

JonnyT

This used to work, but the inefficiency is painful to watch.

ES 30 min bar 2.30-9.00

Buy/sell if any 30 min bar closes two ticks above/below range of first 30 mins.

Use a 5 point initial stoploss* and 15 point fixed target. Move stoploss to lock in 7.5 points profit if any bar closes 12+ pts in profit. Close at 9pm if no stop is hit.

*although SAR if applicable, once only

In my experience ES (and NQ for that matter) have been pretty bad for breakouts this year. Try the system on ER2, EMD or even YM and I'm sure you'll get much better results. Hoorah for diversification!

Also, having a profit target will almost always leave you worse off than just waiting to close at the end of the day.

I cannot get anything viable out of ES despite extensive testing today...

I think this strategy is a dead duck.

JonnyT

Just goes to show how good these boards are for sounding out your strategies!

Cheers Guys
C