IGindex taking me to Bankruptcy

Have you followed the term&conditions that you ticked agreed to when joining.

And also did you follow there recommend spec for PC/MAC and internet requirements......You will be asked to provide these in order to prove the ....rejected trades, delays, platform freezes, wrong information, fob offs etc, claims.

If you follow the recommended spec do you get realtime prices and accepted trades?

You'll be made to pay by the courts because life isn't fair, especially when the court sees it is technically a gambler complaining about the bookie.

My advice? Drop it, learn from it and if you're going to scalp, go DMA.

Good point!
Is IG puredeal delayed prices then?

Simple answer to this post, Load up there advanced charts and read what it says at the bottom left hand corner of the chart..... "data is indicative"

I'm not talking about the charts but the price quotes.

If they did use delayed prices I guarantee they wouldn't be in business very long....

They sent me an email in reply to one of my complaints saying that they had looked into my trade history and I was getting delayed prices. That was the reason they gave me for rejecting my trades.

Thanks for all the interest by the way. It is helping me come to a decision. I get the general feeling that I should shut up and pay up and stop moaning. I started spread betting when you had to phone up and get a quote. The dealer was bound by his honor to stick to the quote. I got a few more things up my sleeve but I bet IG are watching so I wont divulge for now.

What I don't get is whether your debts to IG are enough to really bankrupt you or if it is just a technicality based on the stat demand.....have you received the bankruptcy petition that follows after 21 days are up?

Failure to pay a stat demand within the stipulated time period of 21 days is per se evidence of bankruptcy to a court....

If it is a technicality I would suggest to pay enough of the debt back that it below a level for which a stat demand can be issued (£750), then get on to FOS if you really have a case. IG's complaints procedures must inform you of your right to go to FOS and during that period they would not normally begin legal proceedings.

How to reduce the risk of bankruptcy following a statutory demand.

*To avoid bankruptcy reduce the debt to less than £750.
* Offer to pay the debt by instalments.
* Make a reasonable offer to settle the debt.
* Apply to have the statutory demand set aside

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/legal_issues_explained/statutory_demand.php

The only post on this thread that gets right to the core, and you kinda beat me to it glyder...the OP is simply a fooking troll...endex...What I find staggering is that the mods will clean up a tiny thread for a newbie signal vendor and yet one of their largest advertisers/revenue generators is berated on this forum and not in a position to defend itself from this mucky troll...Given T2W's *position* in Google this thread will probably now fly in Google....:spam:

If they did use delayed prices I guarantee they wouldn't be in business very long....

They can/could/might delay for long enough to see which way the price had gone, then reject, or fill, or slip, as required.

Surely IG won't bother to sue someone unless they have a chance of getting money back, and if you've been betting 24p a point, how much could you have lost?!

They can/could/might delay for long enough to see which way the price had gone, then reject, or fill, or slip, as required.

Surely IG won't bother to sue someone unless they have a chance of getting money back, and if you've been betting 24p a point, how much could you have lost?!

Jeez how old are you Jack, twelve? :rolleyes: The guy is a troll, trust me, don't trust me, I don't give one frankly, but I know he is a troll and believe me IG have much bigger fish to fry than him..What he has outlined is a total crock...

The only post on this thread that gets right to the core, and you kinda beat me to it glyder...the OP is simply a fooking troll...endex...What I find staggering is that the mods will clean up a tiny thread for a newbie signal vendor and yet one of their largest advertisers/revenue generators is berated on this forum and not in a position to defend itself from this mucky troll...Given T2W's *position* in Google this thread will probably now fly in Google....:spam:

I'm sorry. Do we not have free speech. Is this not a free board ...now I know why IG gets defended. They are paying you.

What an OP ?

What an OP ?

An Old-school Preacher. A bit like Options seems to have become...go and look at his recent posts...

....on second thoughts, probably don't bother.

Original Poster. We've got a lot of those in more than one sense.

You've changed man....

no mate, still me, still the same, I get a bit 'fed up' with the continual looped and loopy threads on 'ere though....oh look, an IG advert at the top of this thread....:LOL: 'kin brilliant...

Hallo folks,

Oh dear, the ever so friendly and good people of IG index are taking me to bankruptcy court. Have I got a chance?
I refused to pay them because I came to the conclusion that they did not act in accordance with their order execution policy. Rejected trades, delays, platform freezes, wrong information, fob offs etc. I decided that they had not acted to obtain the "best possible results for our clients". Its not a big amount and I wasn't trading large amounts (compared to what I have seen on this board!). I went through the process of the compliance department who would not let me see my account activity so that I could make my complaint in full. In the end they rejected my complaint sent me a Statutory Demand and are taking me to Bankruptcy court.
Anyone been to bankruptcy court with IGIndex and won?
Anyone know the terms and conditions inside out?
Have I got a chance or should I just pay them? That is the question???

Yes the bookies cheat, this is not restricted to IG, they all do it.

Sometimes the spread is not enough for them to get an edge over the punters so they need that little extra.

This is most true on markets where they cannot easily hedge your bet due to various reasons.

How did your account go so negative if you were betting so small?

Best to just pay up and move on.

If you are declared bankrupt then you will not be able to get any credit almost anywhere. You need to decided if the being made bankrupt is worth this situation or not.

Paul

Do we not have free speech. Is this not a free board ...now I know why IG gets defended. They are paying you.

a) No, we do not have free speech.
b) No, this is not a free board.

I suspect that you already knew that