€¥ -3 +11 +26

total: +37

Morning Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ +71
£¥ --
€¥ +25 -16 +16

total: +96
(Sticking with just the two € pairs for the moment so I can enter exactly when I need to rather than being distracted by four different pairs.)

Morning Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ -16 +14 +9
£¥ --
€¥ -9 +13

total: +11

(Moves stymied by ECB interest rate decision due at lunch.)

Morning Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ +1
£¥ --
€¥ +29

total: +30
NFP at lunch, so surprising to get a nice move. Probably down to better than expected YoY retail sales for Euro.

Morning Pip Report:
£$ +52 +19
€$ -9
£¥ +78(100 had I taken it)
€¥ -14 -8

total: +118

Nice & clear for sterling, but € refused to follow suit.

Morning Pip Report:
£$ -19
€$ +25 +3
£¥ -30 -13
€¥ +15 +2

total: -17
Despite yesterday, not convinced this is as applicable to sterling as it is to the €

When is a Trend not a Trend?

Deciding what qualifies as a trend in your particular intraday trading style is entirely subjective, but today's action in sterling was interesting.
At a casual glance, the £$ and £¥ charts look to be in a uptrend from midmorning onwards, but look a little closer and you see there was only one candle that shifted the price up to a new range during the morning. After that there was some bullishness during the first 90 minutes of US trading before it tailed off in the same sideways fashion in which it had spent most of the morning.
So if you were tweaking a system to take advantage of intraday FX trends, I'd say this is one to discount.

(For anyone wondering where my results went, I've shifted back to a spreadsheet as I find them easier to eyeball.)(And yes, it's still as up & down as ever!)

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 188
10 mins 'til German IFO data - bank early gains or wait to see if they're increased?

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 157
10 mins 'til German IFO data - bank early gains or wait to see if they're increased?

Mixed bag - €¥ closed for small profit and other 3 still live. Could be an As-You-Were jobby.

Two late entries on the €, trying to catch a wave that may be dissipating.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 148
11am: German Ind Prod higher than expected, so these "moves" looking even less likely now, esp. with NFPs this afternoon

Should've taken a €£ entry

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 150
and closed at 1200 for a small loss; would've been in the black using actual (rather than late) entries

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 124
4.30 on a Friday afternoon too late to bother entering a trade? Not when the Euro's as weak as this apparently.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 148
4.30 on a Friday afternoon too late to bother entering a trade? Not when the Euro's as weak as this apparently.

That's another 100 pips on €$ after yesterday's 300 - Money Week's mailshot was perfectly timed!

€ looked strong but didn't really go anywhere this morning

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 133
More €-hammering from the US session, roughly 1.15pm onwards, but taking similar positions in the £ pairs would've failed as sterling itself made gains v. € and bounced back v. $ & ¥.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    113 KB · Views: 147
Three € buys, two between 7.45 & 8.00 but just caught the 8.30 €$ entry.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 127