How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

So; your answer surely imply that knowing how many pips (positive or negative) somebody makes per week won't tell you much on it's own. you need additional info to make sense of it.

no, all I am asking is how many pips on average a week you make over the last 6 months in forex trading.....is this so difficult? surely you must know? if you would prefer not to say then that is fine. If you make 20 pips per week and lose money then this is more a question of BAD money management rather then bad trading (this is the same for someone making negative pips and making a return, I would say crap trading but excellent money management!!)

I think the most simple way for you to understand that simply pips alone are irrelevant to gauge or benchmark is the mere fact that, like you said, each trader has a specific STRATEGY. long term traders may shoot for 100-500 pips on average while short term could go from 5-50. so a short term trader would not be "missing the mark" or whatever you said, if hes not averaging 300 pips. I hope this is understandable to you. I would say to just use real % benchmarks. Like the s&p or Barclay Currency Index.

You cannot separate trading from money management in the real world

**** off back to shortsandlongs

yes, that is true, because you won't around for long which is why I asked for 6 months average results. Come one Arabiannights, how many pips per week in forex DO you make? at least lie about it ffs..

I think the most simple way for you to understand that simply pips alone are irrelevant to gauge or benchmark is the mere fact that, like you said, each trader has a specific STRATEGY. long term traders may shoot for 100-500 pips on average while short term could go from 5-50. so a short term trader would not be "missing the mark" or whatever you said, if hes not averaging 300 pips. I hope this is understandable to you. I would say to just use real % benchmarks. Like the s&p or Barclay Currency Index.

thanks Tarhini for your reply, but I've asked per week on average so a long term trader may do 1 trade of 500 but this may be over 5 weeks whereas a short term trader may do 5 trades per week yielding 20 pips/trade.

yes, that is true, because you won't around for long which is why I asked for 6 months average results. Come one Arabiannights, how many pips per week in forex DO you make? at least lie about it ffs..

0, because I don't trade forex... :rolleyes:

no, all I am asking is how many pips on average a week you make over the last 6 months in forex trading.....is this so difficult? surely you must know? if you would prefer not to say then that is fine. If you make 20 pips per week and lose money then this is more a question of BAD money management rather then bad trading (this is the same for someone making negative pips and making a return, I would say crap trading but excellent money management!!)

Ok. this is going to be my last post in this subject. let's assume I am the negative pips guy.( I am certainly not that skilful). I answer your question by stating that I lose 20 pips per week and am happy with it. what would you do? Abuse me? how did this info helped you?

okay so far we have the following answers:

infinity +2 pips per week
oildaytrader +76 pips per week
searchlight -20 pips per week (but still makes money)
Arabiannightie 0 pips per week (as he does not trade forex)

any other takers?

oh come on, there must be someone making pips (or losing) on average over the last 6 months. Tarhini, you've made excellent calls on the "Day Trading Forum" that I've seen, you must be up there but just say if you would prefer not to that's fine.

so, I will persist with this thread....I would even be happy with traders giving a range i.e.

0-50
51-100
101-150 etc etc

as long as it's an honest average over 6 consecutive months (this would imply in itself that there is good money management being applied so no need to have this discussion).

If anyone would like real time trading calls to give a guarenteed 2 pips per week then please PM me :cool: cheap cheap rate

so, I will persist with this thread....I would even be happy with traders giving a range i.e.

0-50
51-100
101-150 etc etc

as long as it's an honest average over 6 consecutive months (this would imply in itself that there is good money management being applied so no need to have this discussion).

If you ask real traders, they will tell you 5 pips nett per day after losses.

I spoke to a full time prop trader and he said 5 pips.He was trading several million at a time.$500 per pip @ 5 pips = $2,500 per day.

I spoke to a full time prop trader and he said 5 pips.He was trading several million at a time.$500 per pip @ 5 pips = $2,500 per day.

I worked with a trader who was making £40k a day trading over £1000 a pip, but the markets have changed since

cheers ODT, I'll add it to the list 25 pips per week for prof. trader.

It's when I see what you've posted :clap: that supports the point I'm trying to get to, if you manage to make + pips consistently per week (no matter how small or large) you will make loads of cash ("consistently" however does in itself imply good money management)

Thanks for the post

I worked with a trader who was making £40k a day trading over £1000 a pip, but the markets have changed since

It is possible to make 5 pips daily in today's market, markets are probably easier to trade and probably make more, probably make 10 to 20 pips on several pairs and instruments.

O D T