How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

btw, how many mates do you have making negative pips per week and have not gone bust, give me a break!! How old are you?

To the best of my knowledge, I have only one mate who makes negative pips per week, but how many examples do you need before you'll understand the blindingly obvious ?

I think it is hilarious that within 20 minutes of posting a thread 2 or 3 vultures appear with the aim of being total arses. Please note their user names and trust their posts at your own risk!!

If a trader can not tell you how many pips they average per week then they're a con artist!!:clap:

ha ha funny thread BC,

firstly, I doubt any serious pro trader would spend ANY time on these forums let alone answer this question..
secondly, if I was making let say, 300 pips per week on forex I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams and I would be sitting on a beach in Miami and not reading this.

there has been many discussions previously on pips made /week but most posters will always revert back to £ gain, % gain a, risk/reward or some other trading book mumbo jumbo dumbo (whichever makes them feel they have acheived something).

There are however many on this forum that call their trades before they make them and have a track record so rather keep track of their success, as for the vultures, could not agree more..lol

btw, I make 2 pips per week, only because I listen to some of the total drival on the forum from so called 'traders',

I think its hilarious that:

1) You think what anyone elses average pips per month matters.
2) You think if someone makes 200 and you make 20 you are 'falling short'.
3) You laugh at the idea of someone being profitable from negative pips.
4) You think just because someone doesn't tell you their average pips they're a con?? I'd say its the other way around...
5) You think the several posters who disagree with you are total arses, when its obviously just you who is the total ****.

Thanks infinty, the first answer to the question...2 pips per week.

I'm always amazed at the abuse new posts get, I see you ODT, you have also had this experience on posts.

there has been many discussions previously on pips made /week but most posters will always revert back to £ gain, % gain a, risk/reward or some other trading book mumbo jumbo dumbo (whichever makes them feel they have acheived something).

And the reason they do this is because quoting pips, is completely feckin pointless.

I am asking this because I have yet to find the answer on the internet EVER!!! Is it 50 pips per week or 500 pips per week?

I've seen results of forex competition winners who claim 1000's percent return in a month...(n) not interested in a month return but at least six, and pips made rather please.

There will no doubt be the normal sarcastic answers to this like: "it's not the pips but the return that matters" and "no pro counts pips but £ returns" and "it's all about money management"....:sleep:

A trader either has a system that delivers a certain (consistent) amount of pips per week or not. How traders decide to leverage their account is not up for discussion and is their own business.

Please only answer this if you honestly deliver an average over at least 6 months...and PLEASE, no rookie's please who have had 2 weeks of good trading and now think they can educate the world!!!

I would like to hear from the more experienced forum traders, moderators etc... I bet there will not be a direct answer to this direct question!!

Last 12 months earned me 4,000 pip actual traded.Next years target is 100,000 pips actual traded.So what is your question?:confused:

I think its hilarious that:

1) You think what anyone elses average pips per month matters.
2) You think if someone makes 200 and you make 20 you are 'falling short'.
3) You laugh at the idea of someone being profitable from negative pips.
4) You think just because someone doesn't tell you their average pips they're a con?? I'd say its the other way around...
5) You think the several posters who disagree with you are total arses, when its obviously just you who is the total ****.

to answer:
1) yes, why would it not?
2)yes, a better system would make 200 versus my 20 (only if consistent which is what I asked in the first place)
3) yes I do, come on!!! live in the real world here mate!
4)they don't have to, but don't give me someother BS answer instead.
5)please check the posting history of arabiannights who claims he is a pro...total forum tart

Last 12 months earned me 4,000 pip actual traded.Next years target is 100,000 pips actual traded.So what is your question?:confused:

ah okay, so you've averaged 76 pips per week over last 12 months. My question was over the last 6 but over last 12 is better...thanks.

And the reason they do this is because quoting pips, is completely feckin pointless.

pips/points is only relevant if using a sound money management method with dd no more than 25%.One trader may make 100 pips a week by risk 100% dd,another may make 20 pips risking 20 % dd.

A good question might be " what is expected return in % ,dd no more than 20%, on an annual basis?"

pips/points is only relevant if using a sound money management method with dd no more than 25%.One trader may make 100 pips a week by risk 100% dd,another may make 20 pips risking 20 % dd.

A good question might be " what is expected return in % ,dd no more than 20%, on an annual basis?"

ODT, I 100% agree with you, but I have asked on average over 6 months thus it would in theory exclude those traders with bad money management as you could not risk 100% of your account over 6 months and still be here. The amount you risk per pip should be directly related to the risk (probability of success) So if I do 20 pips per week and you also do 20 pips per week our weekly return will be different, but we are still each doing 20 pips per week each, therefore we are equal traders.

to answer:
1) yes, why would it not?
2)yes, a better system would make 200 versus my 20 (only if consistent which is what I asked in the first place)
3) yes I do, come on!!! live in the real world here mate!4)they don't have to, but don't give me someother BS answer instead.
5)please check the posting history of arabiannights who claims he is a pro...total forum tart

You were given a real world example, you decided not to accept it. So basically you are looking for answers that; will confirm your current view. How will that help you to improve.

lovely:)

So chilli here we are...lets look at this from a different view point.

"I can only take what the market gives" "the market cannot be forced"

How many pips anyone makes on average is completely irrelevant !

This is all you need to know.

PS. I think you are neoripley:)

You were given a real world example, you decided not to accept it. So basically you are looking for answers that; will confirm your current view. How will that help you to improve.

okay, I give in, yes a trader can make negative pips per month and make a good return (I know this, I am not stupid! anyone with half a brain can accept this mathematically), is it realistic in the real world? no bloody way!!! if you think it is then bloody prove it ffs:mad:

PS. I think you are neoripley:)

Markets give you a minimum average, the rest is bonus.What is the minimum expected over a period could be appropriate.

Sorry, I can not accept this, if you have a forex trading strategy it WILL deliver a certain amount of pips per week (whether you like it or not). Your state of mind, risk aversion or money management rules may dictate how much you would 'wager' per pip and thus your % ROI, I don't care about your state of mind or money management, I want to know how well your forex strategy works out on average per week. Forget the MONEY!!

okay, I give in, yes a trader can make negative pips per month and make a good return (I know this, I am not stupid! anyone with half a brain can accept this mathematically), is it realistic in the real world? no bloody way!!! if you think it is then bloody prove it ffs:mad:

So; your answer surely imply that knowing how many pips (positive or negative) somebody makes per week won't tell you much on it's own. you need additional info to make sense of it.

Sorry, I can not accept this, if you have a forex trading strategy it WILL deliver a certain amount of pips per week (whether you like it or not).

I take it you mean it will deliver an AVERAGE amount of pips per week ?

Regardles, I hate to burst your bubble, but returns are generally not statistically stationary, and consequentially the mean, variance, and autocorrelation will tend to vary through time.