Housewife's Guide to Trading the EURUSD

zdforex said:
Sell EURUSD 1.2045

So then my hapless friend, you were expecting a 90% success rate with your trades. How would you say you are faring so far? Satiscraptorily?

Well, sample size at this stage is low, and fair play for posting the trades , just stopped out on that occassion, but with a set and forget method then it limits you from reviewing or managing the trade and acting , zd does manage to some extent based on time window and may close for break even, but this week if his window was left open then he would of had 2 in the bag.

What can we learn from this ?I was going to suggest some measurement of underlying strength in the market but hmmm toughie as he allows for a 20 point stop then he is prepared for the strength and stand against it and factors in 20 points to deal with this, however, 20 points is a rigid method that doesn't take into account the fluidity of the market and how it can change.

Until his method plans or factors this in then the number 20 will continue to make the decision to close.
Still all experience. Good stuff. :)

Housewife's guide?

I think I've read every post in this thread, and in the thread that preceded it. Am I the only one who hasn't seen a 'Housewife's Guide'?

Well done to ZDForex for posting his/her trades in public in real-ish time - credit where credit's due - but why the attention-grabbing title? Even if ZDForex is the eponymous(sp?) housewife, there's not a lot of 'guide' here.

Steve

Last edited:
Spam Man said:
That's strange. I asked zdforex a question, but you answered.

Oh hang on, I geddit!

Spam, why address someone you dont know in that way ? you are simply defining yourself in such comments.

Try not to be as rude maybe :) im sure you can do it.... lordy lord.

hello dbz1983 now with that 20k deposit you can deposit it in a forex account, and obtain leverage, ie take 50-1 so your 20k can control 1 million. if you want full margin leverage gets you appx. £100.00 per pip. or trading 20 lots, base lot $100,000.00 value.

So if you are looking at zd method then you will be risking 20 pips * £100.00 = £2,000.00 to make 10 pips = £1,000.00..

some accounts have leverage of 100-1,200-1 and more, but be very wary.....

on the first example you are risking 10% of your deposit per trade.... if you are starting out then either use a simulator until to see how quickly you can lose on a trade..
if you decide to trade live, then perhaps risk 1/2 of 1 percent per trade, ie £100.00 assuming 20 pip stop = £5.00 per pip or trading 1 lot of $100,000.00 not 20 lots

WARNING. now the attraction is the leverage and what it can earn for you ? your 20k can control upto 2 to 5 million with some companies not just £20k, you really should take at least 6 months researching into trading,before risking a single penny mate... by all means download a simulator to observe and even put on practice trades. dummy account.....

ohh by the way you can set the leverage to a level that is suitable to you zero leverage upto 200-1 + with some firms.

If you rush into this then very usually your money will rush out, and be gone, in weeks... thats what the business encourages so be on your guard.... research for several months on here to get better insight in order to begin to direct yourself....

fx.
also take nobody's word for anything ,including mine, and find out for yourself mate. good luck.

ohh realise it can and often take years, before you stop losing money.... not weeks or months, years . so you may want to initially deposit a fraction of your funds when and IF you decide to

Last edited: