Heads Up - ETX 100 quid

Well guys, I don't know!!
When capital spreads were offering the 70 pound offer, I had a a similar argument put up.
With such a small amount and minimum bet size its very difficult.
The whole issue here is timing, as far as I am aware you do not have to place your trade as soon as the money is credited to your account.wait and time your trades.
I managed to turn capital spreads bonus into a decent amount.Not without a lot of hard work and stress.
I have opened a etx account to see if I can repeat the experiment.
I will publish the results of my endeavor here once completed , with the help of the Powers that may be.

Gamma,

The way i see it is that an account of £100 which is free with ETX is not gonna be
used as i would with a normal account. EG 0.5 to 1% risk per trade. Im just gonna sit out
and wait for where i see a very strong trade and put the trade on at 50 pence per point and let it ride. As Dante mentioned a while back these trades are high risk as your account is so small but they can be worthwhile if used correctly.

Somebody mentioned a while back on here that there are traders that do this all the time. Split their capital up and take high risk trades and 1 trade out of 5 may work therefore make more than they lost on the other 4 trades. These figures may be wrong but you get the point.

Ged

Gamma,

The way i see it is that an account of £100 which is free with ETX is not gonna be
used as i would with a normal account. EG 0.5 to 1% risk per trade. Im just gonna sit out
and wait for where i see a very strong trade and put the trade on at 50 pence per point and let it ride. As Dante mentioned a while back these trades are high risk as your account is so small but they can be worthwhile if used correctly.

Somebody mentioned a while back on here that there are traders that do this all the time. Split their capital up and take high risk trades and 1 trade out of 5 may work therefore make more than they lost on the other 4 trades. These figures may be wrong but you get the point.

Ged

Ged that is a great post and there is nothing more I can add to it.

Well said

So what happens with losses? Say I happen to get in a trade and for whatever reason i'm staring at a £150 loss. I'm liable to pay that £50 - unless I get a margin call prior to hitting that loss. With what i've heard about ETX, is it not a great possibility that they'll pull some shenanigans so this scenario occurs?

So what happens with losses? Say I happen to get in a trade and for whatever reason i'm staring at a £150 loss. I'm liable to pay that £50 - unless I get a margin call prior to hitting that loss. With what i've heard about ETX, is it not a great possibility that they'll pull some shenanigans so this scenario occurs?

Well ive only opened up the standard silver account and didnt ask for a credit account
so im not aware of having to pay any money over.

I think it would be really difficult to get a credit account sith a SB provider as they
know so many lose and the difficulty getting the money back.

Looks like the register site only works in hrs.....will leave the details sat on the application form and re-submit on Monday

Some S B co's will not allow losses to be more than the funds in your account...so CMC as an example will liquidate all positions if account gets to £100 credit.

There are horror stories out there of course...a good friend told me someone she knew lost their house because his provider allowed a position to go way offside.

If ETX want to protect their clients then they can do this easily within the terms and conditions of business.....so best get checking them out to see exactly what their position is.

Best way to increase this £100 initial amount is to set limits n stops on One trade at a time....using the full 100 as a stop and setting 10 point nett targets...until such time you consider you have a usable amount in the pot :)

it does appear to warn on the offer page that you are liable for losses exeeding the £100

Remember that this is a live investor account and it is possible to lose more than your initial investment.

anyway, i've now had their 100 quid sitting around in there for ages now, i better get stuck in and join you guys and see what we can do with it, good luck guys :)

I can drink mate mainly red wine and im just off to the pub for a belly full.
Gotta say though that Dave (Arabian) put a pint away last time we met in about 2 to
3 minutes and kept doing the same till he had at least 7 or 8 before he slowed down.
That man can drink.

Have a good weekend.

Ged

Haha sounds good. (And familiar).

:clap:

You have a good rest of the long weekend too.

Well its free so it doesnt matter.

You have a hooker and no money. You dont get a go.

You have a free voucher and you get a couple of minutes on the hooker but you dont get to finish.

Better to have a little than nothing at all..............

Yeah but yous got to suit up mate or get an std.

Well guys, I don't know!!
When capital spreads were offering the 70 pound offer, I had a a similar argument put up.
With such a small amount and minimum bet size its very difficult.
The whole issue here is timing, as far as I am aware you do not have to place your trade as soon as the money is credited to your account.wait and time your trades.
I managed to turn capital spreads bonus into a decent amount.Not without a lot of hard work and stress.
I have opened a etx account to see if I can repeat the experiment.
I will publish the results of my endeavor here once completed , with the help of the Powers that may be.

Nice one gamma my acc is up and running so will do the same.

What if What if...it's a free £100 !! ETX Shennanigans blah blah blah. Who care's it's their £100.

What if What if...it's a free £100 !! ETX Shennanigans blah blah blah. Who care's it's their £100.
It's called due dilligence, try pulling your head out of your ass, if something appears to be too good to be true in the world of trading it normally is too good to be true.

Just to let you know gentleman, the minimum bet is 50 pence and not a pound.
Which gives you a pretty large stop loss.

i registered over the weekend for a bit of fun. Gonna see if i can repeat my 'holiday fund' process for those who remember my journal :)
account value still doesn't seem to have any money in it yet tho. Must take a while? Anyone else registed over the weekend?

i registered over the weekend for a bit of fun. Gonna see if i can repeat my 'holiday fund' process for those who remember my journal :)
account value still doesn't seem to have any money in it yet tho. Must take a while? Anyone else registed over the weekend?

Candles it takes 24 hours from registration to credit your account. office hours.

cool. thanks.
by the way, i 'think' its different minimum bet sizes for different instruments... some 50p per point, and some £1.

It's called due dilligence, try pulling your head out of your ass, if something appears to be too good to be true in the world of trading it normally is too good to be true.

I Don't think ceydababy's has his head up his ass more like someone else does!

Its a free ****ing bet.
Get your head out of your ass and use it.
Anyone with half a brain cell would know to use this opportunity with due dilligence!

Last edited: