He is banned!!! He is not banned!!!

I thought it was a double entendre. I know you're fond of gay humour. Or of being gay... I'm still not sure which.

I should emphasise that I'm talking ghetto black not just black which is not really that exciting.

Would you prefer london ghetto black, northern ghetto black or my take on american ghetto black?

I don't need any of that sh*t.

I learnt the lingo here:

We have our own dialect...so I guess it's up to me to translate it...

Your girls butters means she's ugly tho...

I will not comment on dante till he takes on my chink. Where almost anything could be an improvement.

If he won't take on my chink, draw your own conclusions :)

It cracks me up that everyone looks at trainers with such skepticism. The best traders in the world have mentored each other. Michael Marcus was mentored by Ed Seykota. Marcus himself then mentored and taught Bruce Kovner who went onto to form one of the biggest hedge funds in the world, Caxton.

Even the more vehemently outspoken opponents of mentoring on here have started their own threads to "help" others.

So I guess, everyone's problem is not someone that mentors, it's someone that charges to mentor.

Like, suddenly, you help people for free everyone loves you. You charge and you're the devils spawn.

Well, I took my chances. It's nice to help everyone out for free. But I already did three years of spending my waking life on here and all I got was a girlfriend that broke my heart by walking out on me. Oh, and a handful of T2W awards so I guess that's OK.

I don't know about the rest of the vendors on this site but I run the first, pretty much, 24/6 (yes that is 6) trading room in existence. I've got one member ringing me up at 2.47am asking me if the overnight spike up on the USD/JPY is intervention and an inbox full of emails if I'm not logged in by the 9pm Sydney open on a Sunday night.

I don't care about this because as Dion already established, I'm obsessed and have no balance and all the rest of it. But while I will always post here to help people where I can, I'm not going the extra mile like that for free.

So then, of course, we come back back to the age old question. If you are so profitable, why charge?

It's pretty simple if you take two seconds to think about it.

I sit here watching the markets for 15 hours each day and taking the trades as they setup. Now I can sit here and do that on my own in my underpants and make money or I can sit here and do exactly the same thing with the extremely convulted and complex addition of calling them out on a mic to a room full of people watching for a second (and completely stress free) income.

I guess the question is, why would you not charge?

Here's a hint: the correct answer is not because I'm worried about a handful of clueless ***** on here calling me a scammer :)

I do agree with your points Arabian. There certainly are scammers and mentors should be treated with caution. You can ask for records. Sometimes you will get them, sometimes you won't. Do they matter? I don't think so. After all, one is only as good as their last trade. Anyone that is not a complete novice knows this.

In my opinion, mentors should be evaluated on the performance of their students. Bottom line is: You are paying someone to turn you into a successful trader. Great if they can show you a track record. But even if they can doesn't make them a good mentor. You could still be throwing your money down the toilet.

I got a little bit of mentoring off one of the biggest prop traders at my firm. I was enamoured by his $400,000 up days. His "mentoring" consisted of "oh look at the way this is moving. It's beautiful, Can you see that. It's beautiful?" as he drops 1,200 lots.

Exciting. But essentially a waste of time.

I've got about 10 students at the moment. I took one from trading £1 to £200 a tick and I took him from £2,500 - £65,000 in 7 months which is over a 2,000% return and I mentored him in a style that I do not trade myself.

That is why I personally believe that a record is useless because I cannot, myself, even trade in the way in which I taught the guy to make money and he is now a bigger trader than me. Go figure.

To be fair, he is only one of ten but he has a natural talent for it. The others are at varying stages. Most are profitable but the hardest cases are out of the consistently losing stage and holding their own.

So, Arabian, send me your "chink" if you like. I already offered to have him over to my house to sit with me each day, every day.

I can tell you right now I will get him profitable where your "reputable" graduate training firm has clearly failed. If I can't break the language barrier with him he can simply sit here and click the mouse when I do. That way I know he will make money.

But I'm not doing it for free so that you can take him back and make money from him. How about you give me some of your "50k allowance" you speak of in your post?

If I turn him around and send him back to you with a profitable record, it's mine. If I fail, you pay nothing.

I thought about doing it for the prestige but that's not going to cut it any longer.

If you want it, you've got my number.

Last edited:
It cracks me up that everyone looks at trainers with such skepticism. The best traders in the world have mentored each other. Michael Marcus was mentored by Ed Seykota. Marcus himself then mentored and taught Bruce Kovner who went onto to form one of the biggest hedge funds in the world, Caxton.

Even the more vehemently outspoken opponents of mentoring on here have started their own threads to "help" others.

So I guess, everyone's problem is not someone that mentors, it's someone that charges to mentor.

Like, suddenly, you help people for free everyone loves you. You charge and you're the devils spawn.

Well, I took my chances. It's nice to help everyone out for free. But I already did three years of spending my waking life on here and all I got was a girlfriend that broke my heart by walking out on me. Oh, and a handful of T2W awards so I guess that's OK.

I don't know about the rest of the vendors on this site but I run the first, pretty much, 24/6 (yes that is 6) trading room in existence. I've got one member ringing me up at 2.47am asking me if the overnight spike up on the USD/JPY is intervention and an inbox full of emails if I'm not logged in by the 9pm Sydney open on a Sunday night.

I don't care about this because as Dion already established, I'm obsessed and have no balance and all the rest of it. But while I will always post here to help people where I can, I'm not going the extra mile like that for free.

So then, of course, we come back back to the age old question. If you are so profitable, why charge?

It's pretty simple if you take two seconds to think about it.

I sit here watching the markets for 15 hours each day and taking the trades as they setup. Now I can sit here and do that on my own in my underpants and make money or I can sit here and do exactly the same thing with the extremely convulted and complex addition of calling them out on a mic to a room full of people watching for a second (and completely stress free) income.

I guess the question is, why would you not charge?

Here's a hint: the correct answer is not because I'm worried about a handful of clueless ***** on here calling me a scammer :)

I do agree with your points Arabian. There certainly are scammers and mentors should be treated with caution. You can ask for records. Sometimes you will get them, sometimes you won't. Do they matter? I don't think so. After all, one is only as good as their last trade. Anyone that is not a complete novice knows this.

In my opinion, mentors should be evaluated on the performance of their students. Bottom line is: You are paying someone to turn you into a successful trader. Great if they can show you a track record. But even if they can doesn't make them a good mentor. You could still be throwing your money down the toilet.

I got a little bit of mentoring off one of the biggest prop traders at my firm. I was enamoured by his $400,000 up days. His "mentoring" consisted of "oh look at the way this is moving. It's beautiful, Can you see that. It's beautiful?" as he drops 1,200 lots.

Exciting. But essentially a waste of time.

I've got about 10 students at the moment. I took one from trading £1 to £200 a tick and I took him from £2,500 - £65,000 in 7 months which is over a 2,000% return and I mentored him in a style that I do not trade myself.

That is why I personally believe that a record is useless because I cannot, myself, even trade in the way in which I taught the guy to make money and he is now a bigger trader than me. Go figure.

To be fair, he is only one of ten but he has a natural talent for it. The others are at varying stages. Most are profitable but the hardest cases are out of the consistently losing stage and holding their own.

So, Arabian, send me your "chink" if you like. I already offered to have him over to my house to sit with me each day, every day.

I can tell you right now I will get him profitable where your "reputable" graduate training firm has clearly failed. If I can't break the language barrier with him he can simply sit here and click the mouse when I do. That way I know he will make money.

But I'm not doing it for free so that you can take him back and make money from him. How about you give me some of your "50k allowance" you speak of in your post?

If I turn him around and send him back to you with a profitable record, it's mine. If I fail, you pay nothing.

I thought about doing it for the prestige but that's not going to cut it any longer.

If you want it, you've got my number.

Don't be shy:)

You don't need a girlfriend -she will only distract you - get a blow up doll:)

Attachments

• sarah-palin-blow-up-doll.jpg
    sarah-palin-blow-up-doll.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 217
Beats the hell out of the Jacqui Smith or Diane Abbot blow up dolls.
Well Richard, if you've finished with them, can I have them back? (Could you give them a bit of a soak in Fairy liquid first?)

I'll send your Widdecombe one back to you.

It's the soviet variety that you want to keep an eye out for... the russian type have as many as seven more dolls that come inside it! Imagine what happens when you do too!

Well Richard, if you've finished with them, can I have them back? (Could you give them a bit of a soak in Fairy liquid first?)

I'll send your Widdecombe one back to you.

Will do, Tony.
I have to say when you lent me them they were full of holes in places I didn't know there were holes. I'm not complaining, but the Widdecombe doll I sent you in exchange was new and unused, and designed specifically for David Blunkett.
Anyway, let's put that firmly in the past, and talk about the future.
I have the new improved Caroline Flint high impact resistant model. The gap between her front teeth still isn't big enough though. Well not for me.
Richard

I have the new improved Caroline Flint high impact resistant model. The gap between her front teeth still isn't big enough though. Well not for me.
Snap! I wasn't the only one in Poundland on Saturday then...

Ever the utilitarian, I'm using that end as a bottle opener for my Stella.