Goodbye - For Now

Best Wishes JTrader.

After you've had a few weeks off take a serious look at applying your strategy to daily. You've got a lot of pairs so it should give you plenty of opportunities -- just be careful not to get too correlated.

See you back when we see you then :cry: (y)

Looking at what you have posted all I can see is confusion. Reason you're not enjoying this is you still have not found what suits you which is a lot more important than all the socalled learning/education re trading. Micro management clearly isn't taking you where you want to be and you also need to consider whether trading at all is where you want to be. It isn't for everybody and there's nothing wrong with that. Good luck and if you continue try aiming for patience ,persistence and I don't give a f...k ..unbeatable combination as when you have it you'll be able to trade by walking away and leaving it to work ,or not as the case might be.AND stop pinching my sig ;)

Taking a sabbatical to clear the cobwebs away and come back with fresh energy and a clear mind is always good and helps keep things in balance.

Best of luck mate, hope to see you back.

JT- Will miss your contributions. I am not sure how easy it is to leave this game alone when you have been so immersed. Will you really be able to go a week without stealing a few glances at the hourly chart? Good luck in whatever you do. If you decide to come back we will all be the better for it.

Thanks TWI.

:LOL: Very true. I continue to think of new ideas, its hard to switch off. Just adding to my EOD strat while I'm here & still in the zone.

This wasn't an elaborate ploy to spread rep & receive lots in return by the way, AKA - the boy who cried wolf - again!:eek:;).

Last edited:
Good luck with whatever you get up to J.

Hopefully we'll see you soon, as I'm already missing having to fill in a poll about which foot you put down first when you get out of bed, and other such major world events:p

When you return, I'll tell you all about my half an hour a week EOD strat that's making me a millionaire:whistling

UTB

When you return, I'll tell you all about my half an hour a week EOD strat that's making me a millionaire:whistling
Only one incey wincey little problem with that UTB . . .
Given that you're already a multi squillionaire, this must mean that your 'half an hour a week EOD strad is haemorrhaging money from your account faster than the Torrey Canyon and the Amoco Cadiz could cover the U.K. shoreline in Brent Crude!
:cheesy:
Tim.

JTrader

Have you come to realise, that you not making enough money for the hours you are putting in?

Trading off 1 or 4 hour charts would drive me nuts. Maybe its that, if so change you trading style to suit.

JTrader

Have you come to realise, that you not making enough money for the hours you are putting in?

Trading off 1 or 4 hour charts would drive me nuts. Maybe its that, if so change you trading style to suit.

For me, i used to think like that, but now think the polar opposite.

I now am of the opinion that lower TF scalping etc. - chasing the odd pip here & the odd few pips there - will get you so far. If you can get to grips with it, it is an excellent way to compound quickly.
However, IMO, to progress to the next stages (eg. beyond where getting filled automatically at £10 per pip with WS etc. is still an issue, & making maybe 70 pips profit per week on cable/EURUSD if you successfully manage to dodge the news releases well enough), increasing TF & gaining a longer term perspective on direction, in order to bag many more pips, with less man hours involved is the more sensible approach, with longer term sustainability, & longer term big profit potential.
Ditching the M5-M15-M30 charts, and the PG tips style screen-monkey outfit & gaining some DISTANCE = PERSPECTIVE by zooming out to the longer term TF's, starting smaller, but compounding just as easily & effectively as if scalping, as the profits roll in, trading a manageable multi-number of instruments all at once, & maybe make 5 times the number of pips per week.
Once you start compounding profits, you reach a point your £ profits natually become bigger, and the actual number of work hours is smaller. Many successful eg. EOD traders for example will back this up.

Having said all that, i do have a few M15-M30 approaches that should enable me to achieve the 70 pips per week on average etc. to fall back on, despite still being affected by noise (though to a lesser extent than M5 obviously).:D:whistling.
But anything below M15 that i've managed to come up with - yes works brilliantly at times, but requires too much effort/concentration, & with inconsistency being the overall result due to non-highly significant noisey/vibratory price movements.

Cheers.

Last edited:
good luck - I suspect you'll be back though: the markets are addictive, especially when you think you've nearly, but not quite cracked them. I would agree with Chump's post though: having read a lot of your posts it seems to me that you've still to find your style and pace in the markets - it wasn't that long ago that you were posting to a thread about coping with sleep patterns if trading a 4hr cycle over 24hrs. No wonder you've had enough! Maybe with some time out of the markets you can have a think about what you want to achieve, and what instruments, strategy and periodicity help you get there. It might be the most profitable and satisfying rest from trading you've ever taken. Hope so - bon chance.

Despite me hanging around here a lot, I somehow still manage to be the last in the know when member says goodbye. Mea culpa, I just noticed how this thread is currently one of the most viewed ones which is understandable... Jtrader, you've been here far longer than me and it looks like what you need is to change your path perhaps only temporarily. I believe we'll all stumble on some sort of crossroad sooner or later. Nobody can take the decision for you, but I truly believe that if you have rediscover your motivation you can come back to trading stronger than you've ever been. The markets will be there the next day, and the day after that...

Thanks for all the thousands of contributions, of which a lot of quality posts obviously. I wish you all the best!

As an away gift, let me give you one last tip. Go see this movie and let yourself be swept away: Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom.

Reactions: BSD
All the best JTrader and thanks for your help. I look forward to your return.(y)

Very Best Regards,
Neil