Good move, John :)

It's called calling a spade a spade.

We are not bashing anyone. Discussing the issues. As USA is the worlds current leading world power we discuss it.

I believe my views on USA would make it a much better, more powerful country than where dumbo and the pentagon has currently taken it.

In ones blind support of something that is not right by virtue of supporting it based on past actions is not necessarily a good thing.

People change and so do countrys and their values.

A little like investment, past record is no indication of future value.

Use loyalty with caution... :smart:

Nothing wrong with your arguments, Atilla, but Yacarob did not express himself that way. I should not hold it against him, though. It's a question of how one is educated.

Why are you guys so against M&M (McCain & MILF) ?
Within days of their election those god damn Russkies, Eye - Rainian and Eye - Rakis will just be radioactive dust and no more problems, huh?

Reactions: BSD
All the -stans.
Don't worry you lily livered liberal commie sympathisers, all taken out with surgical nuke strikes.
Guaranteed no collateral damage.
Freedom will rain down.

Hey !

Does that mean I can't dress up as an Arab Prince or Russian Cossack anymore come Carnival ???

carnival_2.jpg

Karneval500_500.jpg

l_8089.jpg

Almost as important as Lederhosen in certain parts of Germany you see.

;-)

You better watch out Richard.

This outpouring of vitriol might not go down too well with Spit.

Love the self portraits, BSD.

"Spit"? He one of those doods what wear self administered drying systems on his head.
If so, M&M have a nice little 10 megaton baby with his name on it.

Go to go now, Jesus is calling me do his special work. Only I can hear him. Isn't that just so cool.

All the -stans.
Don't worry you lily livered liberal commie sympathisers, all taken out with surgical nuke strikes.
Guaranteed no collateral damage.
Freedom will rain down.

Yes but doesn't it also rain in USA?

Nothing wrong with your arguments, Atilla, but Yacarob did not express himself that way. I should not hold it against him, though. It's a question of how one is educated.

I know you have the extreme misfortune of living in Spain dear Spit but get a life will you, you miserable wretch.

Kermit and lil ol Ms Piggy

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Obama rejects 'lipstick' charge

Great lines. Going to be a fantastic election campaign imo.

Obama on Palin...
"You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. You can wrap up an old fish in a piece of paper and call it change. It's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough."

Is he referring to Miss Piggy and Kermit??? :LOL::clap::LOL:

I never meant to imply there was anything wrong with Lederhosen ( consenting adults in private and all that ).

What's the name of that F1 guy ?, you know the one, son of a Nazi leader from the 1930's.

dd

Last edited:
I never meant to imply there was anything wrong with Lederhosen ( consenting adults in private and all that ).

What's the name of that F1 guy ?, you know the one, son of a Nazi leader from the 1930's.

dd

Max Mosley - prolly knows a thing or two about liederhosen!

Ok Yacarob, I read you. Maybe, I do need to get a life and should realise that younger people might not have the same perspective on the Yanks that I do.

For those who read war novels, I recommend "Under an English Heaven" by Robert Radcliffe.

It deals with the 8th AAF. The air battle descriptions are fantastic. I was one of those skinny kids who chased them for gum around blitzed London.

I'll tell you, anyone who lived in those days will always defend them in good times or bad because, make no mistake, they saved our bacon. The Nazis cursed the Japanese for bringing them into the war.

So, when Atilla tells me that they are in Iraq for the oil, although I know that he is right, a part of me doesn't want to believe it.

You take care, Yacarob, no hard feelings on my side as I am sure that there are none on yours.

Regards Split

No probs at all Split....I was in devilish mood yesterday anyway.

I just have a problem with American attitudes...it wasn't always so but the reign of Bush has hardened mine and a lot of other people's feelings against America.

Hopefully that will change if Obama is elected.

Go to go now, Jesus is calling me do his special work. Only I can hear him. Isn't that just so cool.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice one mate.

Hi Split, the way I see it is that what happened yesterday is not what should count today, as yesterdays actors are not responsible for, nor do they create, todays reality.

Yesterday is good for learning from, but not for forming either eternal allegiances and friendships on the one hand, NOR eternal blood feuds and enmities on the other.

For practical purposes of Realpolitik, the interests, intents and actions of today are what should form relations between nations, and probably also amongst individual people.

We owe the Romans a lot, but does that mean one should have stood by the Italians under Mussolini ?

If I have a good friend who for whatever reason decides that a career in bank robbing sounds good as a change away from the drudgery and boredom of office politics, does that mean I should support his new money earning choice through thick and thin ?

Should a police officer look the other way when his corrupt colleague makes some illegal protection money on the side, just because he is a colleague he might owe something to ?

I think not.

Nobody would question that the USA has done a lot of good in the past, and I am the first to acknowledge that, and as I have shown in the "Germany: Obama Superstar" thread, the problems we have are by no means with the US itself, they are merely with the current leadership, with the corrrupt, incompetent, and criminal NeoCons that are currently running the show and making the world a much more dangerous place through a lost oil war in Iraq, and another lost war in Afghanistan, and, also, by having clearly demonstrated that illegal wars or overt force are once more a perfectly legitimate means of politics, a band wagon the Russians in Georgia and Chinese in Tibet have all too willingly leapt up on.

But my understanding of true friendship is that one does not shove problems under a carpet and hope they will disappear of their own accord.

Friendship does NOT mean supporting Mussolini just because the Romans contributed lots to civilization, nor does it mean supporting a friend I don't have who decides to go start robbing banks, and, in the same vein, friendship also does not mean supporting the US in a blatant oil war based on nothing but lies and deceit just because we also owe them a lot.

In all these cases REAl friendship means not breaking off the frienship in a childish huff of posturing.

But it also doesn't mean that I support my friend through his wrong and counterproductive plans just because he was a good guy in the past.

No, what it does mean, imo, is, remaining engaged, showing real conviction and real courage, standing up, doing the right thing, and telling ones friend that they are most seriously going off on a wrong tack that will without doubt entail unforseen and severe consequences.

That is real friendship.

Anything else really amounts to little more than the inexplicable, obsequious behaviour of an abused and exploited wife who nevertheless stands by her husband, or a mistreated dog that still loves its daddy.