Goldmine!

I think that's the difference and demonstrates a different level of tolerance that all of us, as traders, have. I am the opposite. I have nerves of steel. I wait for a setup according to my methodology, then just enter the trade. It doesn't bother me too much when a trade goes against me, even a large amount of pips. The approach I use is a conservative one, which coincides with my mindset. I trade mostly countertrend, and the point of entry is an optimal one where I know momentum is waning. If I make a mistake on the entry, it will usually bounce off the S or R I entered and still yield a few pips. I just wait for that pair to hit the next level, then do it all over again. So far this month, I have 15 winning trades and 4 losing trades, which is 78.4%. My biggest loser is 38 pips, and the other 3 are single digits.

Well, at best that represents a winning trade percentage of 30 based on the stats in your signature. To come away with any profit your stops must be very, very tight. I know of traders who have 70% winners. Don't know what to say. Maybe its the difference in trading method or system. I do agree though it is wise to realize and accept the reality of losing in this business and to prepare for it in your trading...good MM etc. Controlling losses is about the only thing we can control, apart from ourselves. :)

Enjoy your trading day.

FX4Newbies

Hi again,

The Pitchfork is really a trend tool, but also shows countertrends...The basis for how it works is Newtons' Third Law...for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Every 3 alternating pivots that form a pitchfork tell a story about price. It's really a marvellous tool once you understand how to apply it.

Countertrends can be signaled when the outer parallel lines are broken. Just some amazing stuff...

Take care,

Do you use your pitchfork as a countertrend tool or as a contiuation tool once a cdertain line is broken, or both?

Interesting. Do you use it as a standalone indicator, or do you use other indicators as a confluence?
Also, as a general rule traders look for a confluence of events in the decision making process. If you use the pitchfork as a standalone, then would you consider yourself as an exception to the rule of using a confluence of events.

Hi again,

There are some traders who use the Pitchfork and its related lines only. They assess the market structure an then overlay the fork etc. to gain meaning. The fork really frames the price action thereby giving the trader a way to more accurately assess where price is and where it may go. Traders also use what are called Action and Reaction lines, the theory on which the Pitchfork is based. By the way, it is a drawing tool not an indicator...it also gives price direction and projections ahead of time. I use it in conjunction with other signals. I like the use of confluence myself and have seen other traders do the same.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. Try it on a couple of your charts just to see how price interacts with it. I think you would find it fascinating seeing it in real-time.

Take care,

Interesting. Do you use it as a standalone indicator, or do you use other indicators as a confluence?
Also, as a general rule traders look for a confluence of events in the decision making process. If you use the pitchfork as a standalone, then would you consider yourself as an exception to the rule of using a confluence of events.

I use the MT4 and can't seem to find the pitchfork. I tried another set of charts and coldn't find it there either. Could you direct me to a site that has it? I'm more interested in experiementing with it on a demo just to see how it works. I know a fwe that use the pitchfork, and they seem to be sold on it.

Hi again,

The Pitchfork is really a trend tool, but also shows countertrends...The basis for how it works is Newtons' Third Law...for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Every 3 alternating pivots that form a pitchfork tell a story about price. It's really a marvellous tool once you understand how to apply it.

Countertrends can be signaled when the outer parallel lines are broken. Just some amazing stuff...

Take care,

Locating the Pitchfork on MT4

Hi 4xpipcounter,

You can find it on MetaTrader under the Insert Tab...down toward the bottom...Andrews' Pitchfork.

Have fun!

I use the MT4 and can't seem to find the pitchfork. I tried another set of charts and coldn't find it there either. Could you direct me to a site that has it? I'm more interested in experiementing with it on a demo just to see how it works. I know a fwe that use the pitchfork, and they seem to be sold on it.

Last edited:
All the time I've been trading on MT4 and I noticed it being there. I'll start playing with it. Thanks for your input and help.

The Pitchfork

No problem. The Pitchfork tool on MT4 is very easy to apply. Once you select the tool, you simply click on the pivots you have selected for the fork...Point 1 then 2 then 3...the cursor actually shows which pivot is being plotted. Once you click the last one, the fork appears. Please note that the line of force from 2 to 3 is not shown. Other platforms have the option to show that line or not.

Tell me how you like it once you see it in action some. There are many related lines and concepts to gain the maximum benefit, but just seeing how price respects those lines is interesting to say the least :).

Enjoy the day,

All the time I've been trading on MT4 and I noticed it being there. I'll start playing with it. Thanks for your input and help.

Hello Traders,

A very quiet night for me (London Session). Price was in a very tight range...then came the expected breakout... to the upside. Will post charts later today before the Asian session and then again before the London session.

Have a very busy day. Hope the US session proves to be exciting and profitable.

FYI: The 4-Hr EurUsd chart had shown some bullish sentiment end of last week. We'll see how long it lasts.

Take care,

Re: Chart Updates

Hi again,

Morning schedule allowed for a quick post. We'll see if Friday's bullish sentiment will continue. For new pitchfork traders, observe how price reacts when it encounters a fork line (called a tine).

Take care,

Hello Traders,

A very quiet night for me (London Session). Price was in a very tight range...then came the expected breakout... to the upside. Will post charts later today before the Asian session and then again before the London session.

Have a very busy day. Hope the US session proves to be exciting and profitable.

FYI: The 4-Hr EurUsd chart had shown some bullish sentiment end of last week. We'll see how long it lasts.

Take care,

Attachments

• WhereToNext.jpg
    WhereToNext.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Re: Grabbed a few pips to the upside

Was able to grab a few pips before having to run. We'll see how the morning plays out.

Be careful.

Price Target Attained

Hello again,

Just got back to the office to find that the price did hit the target set.

Will be posting again for Asian session.

Bye for now,

Hi again,

Morning schedule allowed for a quick post. We'll see if Friday's bullish sentiment will continue. For new pitchfork traders, observe how price reacts when it encounters a fork line (called a tine).

Take care,

Attachments

• PriceTargetAttained.jpg
    PriceTargetAttained.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
My Thoughts On The Asian Session

Hello Traders,

I have drawn two new forks on the chart; one red and one green. The green one shows an overall bias to the upside, however, the more local red fork is showing a sideways bias.

Personally, I prefer to wait for more confirmation. Some may prefer to scalp. This is the decision of the trader.

Be very watchful.

Attachments

• AsianSession.jpg
    AsianSession.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 186
EUR/USD is going to have very strong support in the 1.2164--78 area. It's just my opinion, but I think the tenken, as it hovers over the cloud will be support, and we'll get another leg UP. Ultimately, the weekly is looking all the better for a ride towards 1.2698. But then, you know what good traders have to say, "I only listen to ME!"
BTW, I am here in the Cave (That's what my wife calls my office. Tucker and I spend a lot of time in here.) experimenting with your pitchfork. All of a sudden, I'm rooting for it. It broke through on my aussie position, and that is after I took the 2nd position at .8641. That's not what I used to base my decision. My WR1 is .8641, but I am enjoying watching the parallel it has to the ichimoku and price action.

Re: The Fork!

Hi 4xpipcounter,

Glad you are rooting for the Pitchfork in The Cave. By the way, what is the WR1? I plan to get into the Ichimoku and check it out maybe early next week. Will let you know how it goes.

Have a good night trading, if you plan to....

EUR/USD is going to have very strong support in the 1.2164--78 area. It's just my opinion, but I think the tenken, as it hovers over the cloud will be support, and we'll get another leg UP. Ultimately, the weekly is looking all the better for a ride towards 1.2698. But then, you know what good traders have to say, "I only listen to ME!"
BTW, I am here in the Cave (That's what my wife calls my office. Tucker and I spend a lot of time in here.) experimenting with your pitchfork. All of a sudden, I'm rooting for it. It broke through on my aussie position, and that is after I took the 2nd position at .8641. That's not what I used to base my decision. My WR1 is .8641, but I am enjoying watching the parallel it has to the ichimoku and price action.

As long as, to this point, it satays under .8612, your pitchfork I can safely say worked. Another thing I like is viewing the symmetry of it on the higher timeframes. You know price will not continue at that rate, so the reversal is imminent.
I will be happy to discuss any element of the ichimoku with you. Just let me know, and I tihnk I mentioned before you cal also view the lesson I gave on it on my blog in the latter part of 2007.
W--weekly; m--monthly; d--daily; r--resistance; s--support, and 1,2 and 3 are the respective levels. So, WR1 is the first resistance for the week. It is a proprietary indicator that I have. The results from it will blow your mind. Each time a level is hit, about 70% of the time, it will retrace at least 50% back to the previous reference point. If it does not do that, then it will continue to the next, where from there, you 90% of the time you can expect a 100% retracement back to the one it had the continuation through. I also have yearly and decade S&R's. Many of the pairs along with the stock market in 2008 hit my decade's level which is why we saw such violent action. The pullback can be ugly on the deacde's as there is greater room for error. A pullback will be contained 38% of the said reference point to the next. That still equaled 257 pips on the AUD/USD, but it also meant an 880-pip winning trade if it was executed. No, I did not get that trade (blah).
On the MW&D, I also have a "A" level for all the aformentioned, but I rarely refer to them as they are not as accurate as the originals. I noticed certain price actions outside of the norm in figuring them, so it was recently I cam up with my "A" level S&R's.
I've got other semantics that I innovated like "taking the bus", "legs with teeth", the "scenic route" "pimping my peers". "Scenic route" is a positive spin I put on a trade when it goes against me like the aussie did, but I still know everything is going to be alright.
Upon request, I won't give you my formula, but I am happy to give you any of the levels, then you can see for yourself the reaction prices have to my S&R's.

Hi 4xpipcounter,

Glad you are rooting for the Pitchfork in The Cave. By the way, what is the WR1? I plan to get into the Ichimoku and check it out maybe early next week. Will let you know how it goes.

Something dawned on my after the previous post. This is a classic example of using my "A" chart (attached). Just in case this trade takes another detour, then on this chart the MR1 is .8691 and the WR1 is .8694. My "A" S&R's are excellent, but lack the prescitability that the standard ones have. Key reversals will usually happen on the standard chart. The 50% bounces, and the continuation process I mentioned in the other post will happen on the "A's", and that is the lack of predictability that I mentioned about the "A's"
Kind of funny. Watch! Just because I'm one of the new ones to the group, we'll get a bounce to the .8691-4 level.

Hi 4xpipcounter,

Attachments

• audusd short.png
    audusd short.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 158
Re: Market Still Sideways But...

Hello again Traders,

Market still sideways but I added another fork (Schiff) to see what advantage it would give. It is the green fork over the red in the area of the consolidation. It shows a slightly upward bias. However, it is still a waiting game for me. Not interested in expending the energy scalping. We'll see what London session will do.

Be very careful.

Hello Traders,

I have drawn two new forks on the chart; one red and one green. The green one shows an overall bias to the upside, however, the more local red fork is showing a sideways bias.

Personally, I prefer to wait for more confirmation. Some may prefer to scalp. This is the decision of the trader.

Be very watchful.

Attachments

• LondonSession.jpg
    LondonSession.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 173
The Morning After

Hello Traders,

Price finally made a move down from the red fork and found support on one of its related lines WL1. From there we had a buy, which honored the direction of the other green fork.

A new green fork was added using the pivot formed on the WL.

Patience is the key to succeed. Wait and watch the market until you see the entry that you can recognize and trade.

FYI: Overhead resistance in the 1.2300 neighborhood.

Have a good day,

Attachments

• TheMorningAfter.jpg
    TheMorningAfter.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 193
Morning Target Hit!!!

Hello again traders,

Just wanted to drop you a little line before having to head out...price hit the target set.
From here anything can happen...a pull back, a sideways move or a push higher (which will need to overcome some resistance). Will check when I return and plan to post before the Asian session.

Safe trading to you all.

Attachments

• Target Hit!!!.jpg
    Target Hit!!!.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 154