Goldmine!

Glad you have a system that works for you.

The trading statistics in your post...not sure how they fit. I don't think I like those numbers, do you? :)

FX4Newbies

Re: "I want to get in a trade, and let it run," u r a dreamer ...

Let us see what the market will do next. Some comments are made on the chart attached.

Hello again pssonice,

This is what I mean by letting it run...sometimes I do not want to scalp. It is worth it to me to wait for my set-up and entry, then let the market go. This is my preferred style of trading. Chart T/F: 1 hour.

FX4Newbies

Attachments

• June2-2010-2CEd.jpg
    June2-2010-2CEd.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Glad you have a system that works for you.

The trading statistics in your post...not sure how they fit. I don't think I like those numbers, do you? :)

FX4Newbies

well you're a mug if you think you're going get anywhere near a decent winning % of trades, but that doesn't mean you can't be profitable.

On this chart of FTSE, selected at random just to prove my point, the Long Trigger is the green line at S3

on the first trade here the 1st Lot hit T1
but the 2nd & 3rd Lots fell back and were stopped out for losses

the third circle shows the next attempt, when
1st Lot hit T1, and Lots 2 & 3 went on to make their Targets

so despite a scratch trade (actually a slight loser), this was still a highly profitable session

that's the point of my signature -
  • dont expect big winners every time
  • accept small losses
  • don't give up on your entries, if they're valid, just cos they failed the first time(s)

Attachments

• numbers game.jpg
    numbers game.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 210
Well, at best that represents a winning trade percentage of 30 based on the stats in your signature. To come away with any profit your stops must be very, very tight. I know of traders who have 70% winners. Don't know what to say. Maybe its the difference in trading method or system. I do agree though it is wise to realize and accept the reality of losing in this business and to prepare for it in your trading...good MM etc. Controlling losses is about the only thing we can control, apart from ourselves. :)

Enjoy your trading day.

FX4Newbies

well you're a mug if you think you're going get anywhere near a decent winning % of trades, but that doesn't mean you can't be profitable.

On this chart of FTSE, selected at random just to prove my point, the Long Trigger is the green line at S3

on the first trade here the 1st Lot hit T1
but the 2nd & 3rd Lots fell back and were stopped out for losses

the third circle shows the next attempt, when
1st Lot hit T1, and Lots 2 & 3 went on to make their Targets

so despite a scratch trade (actually a slight loser), this was still a highly profitable session

that's the point of my signature -
  • dont expect big winners every time
  • accept small losses
  • don't give up on your entries, if they're valid, just cos they failed the first time(s)

Last edited:
View Before The News

Just a snapshot before the news.

Attachments

• June3-2010B4News.jpg
    June3-2010B4News.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Re: View AfterThe News: TARGET HIT!

Chart is attached. Will post again before London session.

FX4Newbies

Just a snapshot before the news.

Attachments

• June3-2010AfterNews.jpg
    June3-2010AfterNews.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Well, at best that represents a winning trade percentage of 30 based on the stats in your signature. To come away with any profit your stops must be very, very tight. I know of traders who have 70% winners. Don't know what to say. Maybe its the difference in trading method or system. I do agree though it is wise to realize and accept the reality of losing in this business and to prepare for it in your trading...good MM etc. Controlling losses is about the only thing we can control, apart from ourselves. :)

Enjoy your trading day.

FX4Newbies

i dunno why the fkkk you're arguing with me,
my original post was in response to that star W@nk@, pyss-on-ice

I know of traders who have 70% winners.

that's meaningless, you tube.

look at that ***ka MEDBS with his 100% success thread - he's blown his account 3 times this month trying to be "right".

winning % has SFA to do with success, and the sooner you realise that, the sooner you'll start to evolve as a trader

I already realize that, hence my comment about using tight stops, because that is the only way to be profitable with a very low winning percentage. I know that a winning percentage alone is not the answer.

I also know your comment was in response to another member, but as I noticed your signature, I wanted to ask a question about it.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you do not make posts to this thread with what appears to be the use of obscenities. By the way, I am not arguing with you...just discussing.

Thanks much,

FX4Newbies

that's meaningless, you tube.

look at that ***ka MEDBS with his 100% success thread - he's blown his account 3 times this month trying to be "right".

winning % has SFA to do with success, and the sooner you realise that, the sooner you'll start to evolve as a trader

Re: June 3, 2010...EurUsd Asian Session

Chart attached of the Eur-Usd as we continue...

Attachments

• June3-2010-2.jpg
    June3-2010-2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Re: will u please add the chart type 5min candle ....

Not a time-frame I plan to post regularly. Hopefully you see what you are looking for.

Attachments

• $EURUSD  6_4_2010 (5 Min).jpg
    $EURUSD 6_4_2010 (5 Min).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Re: EurUsd TARGET HIT WITH FORCE!!!!

Hello traders,

Chart attached shows that our target was hit on the EudUsd. Take a look. :)

Closed with 116 pips on a similar move with AudUsd. See next chart.

Chart attached of the Eur-Usd as we continue...

Attachments

• June4-2010.jpg
    June4-2010.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Re: EurUsd TARGET HIT WITH FORCE!!!!..Aussie too.

Hi again,

Chart with Aud-Usd attached. Got into this trade a little earlier so I decided to let it play out. Chart is included here since that was my trade. Will resume my usual Eur-Usd posts of my analysis.

Take care,

Hello traders,

Chart attached shows that our target was hit on the EudUsd. Take a look. :)

Closed with 116 pips on a similar move with AudUsd. See next chart.

Attachments

• June4-2010AudUsd.jpg
    June4-2010AudUsd.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 173
Re: The Pitchfork's 80% Probability

Please note that the 80% probability of price hitting the ML applies when the pivots selected are the immediately alternating pivots prior to the current price action. I choose to mention this here, just in case someone draws a fork with pivots miles away and does not understand how to handle price failures (the other 20% of the time that price may fail to reach the ML).

Re: Pre-market Thoughts

Hello traders,

Just trying to get an idea on paper. Will watch to see what happens, especially after the G20 weekend. In no rush. Would like to make an informed decision

Left a few landmarks (labeled in light gray) so we can keep track...

Take care,

Attachments

• Pre-Market Thoughts.jpg
    Pre-Market Thoughts.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 211
Market Open

Hello again traders,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Well, the market is open. Price dropped to test the lower parallel line of the red fork. Is now in a primarily sideways mode for those who scalp.

We'll see how the Asian session performs in preparation for the London session.

Take care and follow your rules...me too!

Attachments

• MarketOpen.jpg
    MarketOpen.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 173
Price Target In Sight

Price did not make ML on green fork. Also broke lower MLH. Finding support at WL2. In the target zone.

Next... London session

Attachments

• MarketOpen2.jpg
    MarketOpen2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 177
Price arrived early...

...or maybe I was late :) ? Price fell close to the area I marked...close enough for me

Where to next? P5 or Resistance?

Take care,

Attachments

• Price Arrived Early.jpg
    Price Arrived Early.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Where Rubber Meets The Road?

Seems like this area could show us something that will birth the next move. We wait for confirmation.

Attachments

• WhereRubberMeetsRoad.jpg
    WhereRubberMeetsRoad.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 151