Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

Bad technical break for gold…I think that at this point a return on the low of 1180 is inevitable unless different attitudes from the Fed.

Bad technical break for gold…I think that at this point a return on the low of 1180 is inevitable unless different attitudes from the Fed.

Strange reaction of the market, bought the TBond, but sold the gold... maybe not even the continuation of QE would interrupt the decline of the bond.

Strange reaction of the market, bought the TBond, but sold the gold... maybe not even the continuation of QE would interrupt the decline of the bond.

which one ? 10/30 ? and what context....all moves are within the tolerance of bid liquidity and offer liquidity (fundamental valuation buy level down to bargain buy level less valuation sell level to bargain sell level)

i think you need to define these levels with such a wide-sweeping tool that the fed has.........afterall, when previous QE annocs have occurred we have.......well .....$1924 to $1300 region pretty much should tell you what you need to know.....

:eek:

i have noted a strong swing in sentiment.......pretty much on cue..... which is nice :cheesy:

Lizzy......
can you see this trend ???
red line
that is what is happening
30 min data
that is what is happening
we have a defined support/horizontal and trend resistance/red line..when we test these areas ..we can see
fomc might break the trend or bad news and we go down more

x576lj.gif

Yesterday interesting divergence between XAU and HUI. Symptom of a rebound of gold post FOMC?

Yesterday interesting divergence between XAU and HUI. Symptom of a rebound of gold post FOMC?

many stocks have already attempted to bounce and find new uptrends...most of them have missed the prior/pre-requisits of a new bull trend...

here's a generic look

Attachments

• generic xau v hui v gld.gif
    generic xau v hui v gld.gif
    109.6 KB · Views: 191
gold 4 hour
trend changed
could have gone either way
now at res
is there enough to take this out ??
35m08xh.gif

what are we looking at...75 up on heavy vol and retreated to 50% of the recent H/L swing.....nice squeez.....glad i closed and took my puny points ...lol

the last fomc peaked out within a few hours so we'll need to see more than panic buys and short covering to get up

the last attempt to get prices up got smacked heavily....this time around a lot of effort went into lifting price...

Attachments

• xau 190913 post fomc.jpg
    xau 190913 post fomc.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 206
i was attempting to do a real-time ratio series and this is what happened:

noting that silver had come back inside the 50% swing and arbing gold, to me the poss that the prev breakdown from the FOMC induced spike failed again to consolidate....

part i is a wot-happens with ratio

part ii is a wot happens if i set a stop-sell in the instance a ratio is broken

part iii still running

Attachments

• ratios rejection 200913 gold.gif
    ratios rejection 200913 gold.gif
    46 KB · Views: 201
  • xau triggers.gif
    xau triggers.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 213
  • part iii xauusd 200913.gif
    part iii xauusd 200913.gif