Gold 2011/12

That is his tactic. Whichever way the price of gold goes he will claim he was right. In reality, he is no different to 'the public'...he gets bearish on the way down and bullish on the way up...

Don't care much for direction.

What's wrong with you guys - bored or something.

See you've found a friend. I hope you enjoy each others company. Play along nicely now... (y)

Attached is my P&F chart of the Gold spot price which shows that Gold made a triple top breakout yesterday which broke the downtrend from the February high.

If you look at the horizontal price by volume bars on the left of the chart, you'll see that the largest volume resistance is at 1640 and 1660, so that encompasses the 1620-1660 range which we are currently in. So the key level to watch imo is a break above 1660. It's also good to see the volume building on the current breakout at the bottom of the chart.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gold_PnF_21_8_12.png
    Gold_PnF_21_8_12.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 623
Attached is the P&F gold / silver ratio chart which shows that the trend has favoured being long gold and short silver since May 2011. However, todays double bottom breakdown below the moving average shows that the short term strength is now with Silver over Gold.

I'm long both, so I use this ratio to help decide which to give a larger weighting to. So I've got a bigger position in Silver currently.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SharpChartv05-11.png
    SharpChartv05-11.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 587
Market is responding to Fed calling for more stimulus. I don't think there is any need as a slow steady recovery is a more preferred option. Asian economies are a concern but this is likely to have a corresponding dampening effect as incomes fall.

I still see a falling wedge. If it doesn't break out of this downward trend then it will continue tanking further still.

Gold's next bull run is too early to call imo.

Attachments

• Gold-120824-0830.png
    Gold-120824-0830.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Market is responding to Fed calling for more stimulus. I don't think there is any need as a slow steady recovery is a more preferred option. Asian economies are a concern but this is likely to have a corresponding dampening effect as incomes fall.

I still see a falling wedge. If it doesn't break out of this downward trend then it will continue tanking further still.

Gold's next bull run is too early to call imo.

I came here because I thought Atilla had put his money where his mouth is and opened a short position in Gold...but no, just more deer in headlights nonsense. One minute you say it’s war that moves the price and now it’s the Fed talking about stimulus that moved the price. Make up your mind!

You have been nothing but bearish on Gold, so how about you stop posting pretty pictures of what you think will happen and just let us know when you’ve actually acted on your analysis. If I remember rightly, you’ll short if Gold goes up to $1700 where all the suckers are buying but if it bursts through $1700 you’ll change your sentiment. I’ll be watching to see what you end up doing.

I came here because I thought Atilla had put his money where his mouth is and opened a short position in Gold...but no, just more deer in headlights nonsense. One minute you say it’s war that moves the price and now it’s the Fed talking about stimulus that moved the price. Make up your mind!

You have been nothing but bearish on Gold, so how about you stop posting pretty pictures of what you think will happen and just let us know when you’ve actually acted on your analysis. If I remember rightly, you’ll short if Gold goes up to $1700 where all the suckers are buying but if it bursts through $1700 you’ll change your sentiment. I’ll be watching to see what you end up doing.

People on these boards can read my views and make up their own minds.

Can't believe how any one person can bitch so much. You are soooo anal and frustrated with pent up loathing and spite there is very bad karma all about you.

You on hormone treatment therapy or something??? :love::love::love:

People on these boards can read my views and make up their own minds.

Can't believe how any one person can bitch so much. You are soooo anal and frustrated with pent up loathing and spite there is very bad karma all about you.

You on hormone treatment therapy or something??? :love::love::love:

One thing is sure, you certainly cannot take what you dish out.

My forecast is when Gold hits $1700 you will do absolutely nothing about it other than post another pretty picture and some link to an article about Syria or Iran. You will tell people that this pretty shape indicates something or other but you aren't sure yet but you are definitely bearish.

One thing is sure, you certainly cannot take what you dish out.

My forecast is when Gold hits $1700 you will do absolutely nothing about it other than post another pretty picture and some link to an article about Syria or Iran. You will tell people that this pretty shape indicates something or other but you aren't sure yet but you are definitely bearish.

You juvenile imbecile.

I only speak my mind. I don't dish out anything.

What on earth are you rambling on about???

You ought to be more patient, the pear of you.
After all, gold is a fickle mistress and is in the habit of throwing wobbles when you least expect and least understand, myself included so I am not exempt from being perplexed either.
When the price settles in steady trend it is glorious and when it doesn't its a bitch.

You juvenile imbecile.

I only speak my mind. I don't dish out anything.

What on earth are you rambling on about???

More insults! I wonder how bitter and nasty you will get when Gold bursts through $1700!

After all, gold is a fickle mistress and is in the habit of throwing wobbles when you least expect and least understand, myself included so I am not exempt from being perplexed either.
When the price settles in steady trend it is glorious and when it doesn't its a bitch.

:sleep:

The blind leading the...

More insults! I wonder how bitter and nasty you will get when Gold bursts through $1700!

You utter idiot. Just about had enough of your stupid posts.

I'm not bitter at all. For the umpteenth time, don't freaking care where gold goes. Change is one of my virtues. Change is the only constant. Whether I short or go long is none of your business either. Sod off and make your own calls.

I only share my opinions and thoughts and certainly don't shy from stating any of them no matter have wild or tactless.

I can only imagine having sold your property and moved your assets abroad (in your own words) you are now hanging on to your longs from 1900 and 1800s. I assume you did as you stated and kept buying gold all the way down stating how cheap it was and what a GREAT opportunity at those low prices. Let me guess the foreign exchange factor perhaps has moved against you too and now I can only guess you have lost good sum of money.

Is this is why you are so bitchy about gold position and venting anger?

Go ahead and buy some more surely it must be a bargain for you at these prices. Bet you are itching to do so. You need to maintain your consistency in your ego manic self belief. You feel the need to be right. Common flaw in many losing traders. Can't take being wrong.

You are a very unstable person. You need help. (y)

Yes I agree absolutely.

NT gets a little excited prematurely and immediately starts blogging as soon gold starts rising a lil over 1600s.

I wouldn't worry about his rants. ;)

You utter idiot. Just about had enough of your stupid posts.

I'm not bitter at all. For the umpteenth time, don't freaking care where gold goes. Change is one of my virtues. Change is the only constant. Whether I short or go long is none of your business either. Sod off and make your own calls.

I only share my opinions and thoughts and certainly don't shy from stating any of them no matter have wild or tactless.

I can only imagine having sold your property and moved your assets abroad (in your own words) you are now hanging on to your longs from 1900 and 1800s. I assume you did as you stated and kept buying gold all the way down stating how cheap it was and what a GREAT opportunity at those low prices. Let me guess the foreign exchange factor perhaps has moved against you too and now I can only guess you have lost good sum of money.

Is this is why you are so bitchy about gold position and venting anger?

Go ahead and buy some more surely it must be a bargain for you at these prices. Bet you are itching to do so. You need to maintain your consistency in your ego manic self belief. You feel the need to be right. Common flaw in many losing traders. Can't take being wrong.

You are a very unstable person. You need help. (y)

Like everything you post, it is based on your imagination rather than facts...so bitter...

Like everything you post, it is based on your imagination rather than facts...so bitter...

Haha :LOL:

The imagine part is me trying to figure out the reason for your twisted bitterness.

The rest in your own words from previous bloggs is factual!

(y)

Yes I agree absolutely.

NT gets a little excited prematurely and immediately starts blogging as soon gold starts rising a lil over 1600s.

I wouldn't worry about his rants. ;)

Who, me ?....Worry about his rants ?
It has caused me to become intruigued and to read many of his posts. He doesn't read like a trader, more a poser and s#it stirrer.
I am more interested to see if he is capable of making live calls in gold, showing the time in GMT, the entry price precisely so we can check it, and whether long or short and the exits, ditto, since he obviously considers himself an expert.
I don't believe he can do this at all.
On balance, it looks to me he posts a lot of hot air and Bulls#it, frankly.

It has caused me to become intruigued and to read many of his posts. He doesn't read like a trader, more a poser and s#it stirrer.
I am more interested to see if he is capable of making live calls in gold, showing the time in GMT, the entry price precisely so we can check it, and whether long or short and the exits, ditto, since he obviously considers himself an expert.

I'm glad you've noticed.

We have history together and when the Iraq war was on and cost of US army coupled with twin deficits were killing the US dollar, I agreed with him and we were both very bullish on gold. However, after 1900s and 1800s got rejected I changed direction and became bearish.

I think it was around then coupled with favouring the raising of taxes that NT really turned on me for no apparent reason. I had him on ignore at one point as he is a real bull ****ter just dumping all the time. Very personal indeed and he is still at it.

If you read the start of this blog around #7 - #11 he just simply entered the thread without really saying much but trashing me once again. I think this thread clearly shows gold has been faltering since it was rejected from 1800 around 3rd of December 2011.

If what he says is honest he has been buying the falls.

I think he blames me for his losses for some profound irrational reason. No idea. I can't explain why he is such an ****.

And also don't mention Keynes or fiat currencies, as he likes to think he is an expert on both - the tormented poor soul that he is. :innocent:

Last edited:

Oohhh...bitter envy, how much I enjoy it :cheesy: