Gold 2011/12

I'm not bitter about anything and gold at $1450 wouldn't bother me at all, but nice try at making this personal.

"In the absence of wars or dollar demise I wouldn't speculate on gold going up by much at all. "

Yes, and in the absence of technological advancement I wouldn't speculate on tech stocks going up by much at all. There wasn't much technological advancement last month but I've got a good feeling about next week...

As for the dollar...Do you think there was any dollar demising going on last week? What about next week? Do you think there will be any dollar demisement between September and December this year?

I think the Central planners will adopt a sound money policy for a couple of months and that will push gold down to its previous support level, by that time the economy will tip back into recession in which case the Central planners will put the monetary pedal to the metal and begin dollar demisement again. That will see gold move up to its previous high, but they will adaopt a sound money policy before gold breaks out to a new high, so be careful.

Looking at a 10minute gold chart for this week it looks like a good scalping opportunity on the long side if war breaks out...somewhere...

I wouldn't base my gold trades off 10min charts thanks Mr Angry.

You should be very careful with your investments as you see - Central Planners will soon be raising more taxation, maintaining negative rates of interest and raising inflation, which will really help stabilise debts to managable proportions and then gold may even test $1000.

Stay Calm and Carry On - just isn't you dear NT.

Get Angry and Do Your Worst - suits you sir!

Now I know what to get you for Xmas ;)

I wouldn't base my gold trades off 10min charts thanks Mr Angry.

You should be very careful with your investments as you see - Central Planners will soon be raising more taxation, maintaining negative rates of interest and raising inflation, which will really help stabilise debts to managable proportions and then gold may even test $1000.

Stay Calm and Carry On - just isn't you dear NT.

Get Angry and Do Your Worst - suits you sir!

Now I know what to get you for Xmas ;)

If gold gets as low as $1000/oz I will be buying it with both hands, but I don't think the market will be that generous. I am absolutely certain that Governments around the world are going to have another massive round of Central planning. Phoney economies like those of the US and UK can't survive without it now...too many people living off the Government tit.

If gold gets as low as $1000/oz I will be buying it with both hands, but I don't think the market will be that generous. I am absolutely certain that Governments around the world are going to have another massive round of Central planning. Phoney economies like those of the US and UK can't survive without it now...too many people living off the Government tit.

Naturally this doesn’t include the distinct possibility of Governments:

• Demonizing gold bugs and blaming them for the continuing economic problems
  • Confiscating gold
  • Making it illegal for individuals or institutions to hold, buy or sell gold.

Even though doing any or all of these things would be an admission by Governments that their paper money system is a complete and utter abject failure, that still won’t stop them from ignoring private property rights. As someone else once said, “It is dangerous to be right when the Government is wrong”.

My opinion is that if more of the general population owns gold then the less likely Governments will resort to such desperate measures. However it will be easy for Governments to convince the angry mob that their problems are caused by "rich and greedy" gold hoarders. The angry mob will scream “Kill the beasts, cut their throats, spill their blood, and take their gold”

Naturally this doesn’t include the distinct possibility of Governments:

• Demonizing gold bugs and blaming them for the continuing economic problems
  • Confiscating gold
  • Making it illegal for individuals or institutions to hold, buy or sell gold.

Even though doing any or all of these things would be an admission by Governments that their paper money system is a complete and utter abject failure, that still won’t stop them from ignoring private property rights. As someone else once said, “It is dangerous to be right when the Government is wrong”.

My opinion is that if more of the general population owns gold then the less likely Governments will resort to such desperate measures. However it will be easy for Governments to convince the angry mob that their problems are caused by "rich and greedy" gold hoarders. The angry mob will scream “Kill the beasts, cut their throats, spill their blood, and take their gold”

Considering the calamity that is about to be served to the financial system gold hovering around 1600 is surprising. That is either way Greece stays in or opts/pushed out of the Euro; European crises will linger on. None of the underlying problems are being dealt with. The ECB is printing more money and the Euro sinks further.

I feel the markets are now shrugging off the outcome irrespective of the vote and are nominally reflated. There is so much money in the system that real values will fall and nominal valuations will rise. Thus, indices and share prices will rise. Effectively inflation. This should be clearly visible and pretty much only policy option left to Governments.

It does pain me how austerity and cuts are more preferred options than raising taxation but I recognise that is a judgement call for each country to make in what ever way they feel.

For example the Tories having cut services and closed manufacturing industries are now offering billions to Banks to increase lending to create jobs and new industries. Brakes on and off. Like a spotty teenager driving a high powered car erratically whilst making lots of noise to how brilliant they are.

With respect to gold - what part does it play in our plight. Nothing really as the safest assets to purchase to shelter against financial storm is property, land and cash generative businesses.

Re: Greece, Spain and Italy - in the next few years there will be many retiring rich Europeans that they will be flocking to buy cheap villas at a third of the price of their dreams from the height of the market just 5 years ago. One hopes and expects prices for food stuff and many other goods and services will halve too.

The UK will get the young labour force from Greece, Spain and Italy and in return they will get the old retiring pensioners with some small change to enjoy sun sand and sea food I guess.

I still see no reason or necessity to buy gold. The shine has certainly come off. As economies bounce it will fall further. This is because there is no uncertainty of outcome.

Life goes on as we know it Jim. :cool:

Considering the calamity that is about to be served to the financial system gold hovering around 1600 is surprising. That is either way Greece stays in or opts/pushed out of the Euro; European crises will linger on. None of the underlying problems are being dealt with. The ECB is printing more money and the Euro sinks further.

I feel the markets are now shrugging off the outcome irrespective of the vote and are nominally reflated. There is so much money in the system that real values will fall and nominal valuations will rise. Thus, indices and share prices will rise. Effectively inflation. This should be clearly visible and pretty much only policy option left to Governments.

It does pain me how austerity and cuts are more preferred options than raising taxation but I recognise that is a judgement call for each country to make in what ever way they feel.

For example the Tories having cut services and closed manufacturing industries are now offering billions to Banks to increase lending to create jobs and new industries. Brakes on and off. Like a spotty teenager driving a high powered car erratically whilst making lots of noise to how brilliant they are.

With respect to gold - what part does it play in our plight. Nothing really as the safest assets to purchase to shelter against financial storm is property, land and cash generative businesses.

Re: Greece, Spain and Italy - in the next few years there will be many retiring rich Europeans that they will be flocking to buy cheap villas at a third of the price of their dreams from the height of the market just 5 years ago. One hopes and expects prices for food stuff and many other goods and services will halve too.

The UK will get the young labour force from Greece, Spain and Italy and in return they will get the old retiring pensioners with some small change to enjoy sun sand and sea food I guess.

I still see no reason or necessity to buy gold. The shine has certainly come off. As economies bounce it will fall further. This is because there is no uncertainty of outcome.

Life goes on as we know it Jim. :cool:

Exactly how are economies bouncing when funded with debt?
Interesting chart here: On The World's Reserve Currency: What's Past Is Epilogue | ZeroHedge

I'll remember this just in case you do a flip-flop like Dennis Gartman. You are trading gold, which I don't have a problem with, but you are muddling up your short-term technical analysis with long-term fundamental analysis.

You see no reason or necessity to buy gold @$1626/oz so I expect you wouldn't have reasons to own it @$1450/oz or less, right? Especially when you conclude the reason for the gold price decline is because economies are bouncing back, or in other words, improving.

I will remember this post of yours. It will be interesting to see if you end up being one of those 'Johnny come lately' experts that come crawling out of the T2W woodwork and claim to have a substantial long position in something whenever it makes a new high.

I'll remember this just in case you do a flip-flop like Dennis Gartman. You are trading gold, which I don't have a problem with, but you are muddling up your short-term technical analysis with long-term fundamental analysis.

You see no reason or necessity to buy gold @$1626/oz so I expect you wouldn't have reasons to own it @$1450/oz or less, right? Especially when you conclude the reason for the gold price decline is because economies are bouncing back, or in other words, improving.

I will remember this post of yours. It will be interesting to see if you end up being one of those 'Johnny come lately' experts that come crawling out of the T2W woodwork and claim to have a substantial long position in something whenever it makes a new high.

You are right I am a technical trader not FA.

I'll change my direction if gold brakes above > 1700 ok.

Don't care to be honest. (y)

The thing which really puts me off heavily investing in gold (as opposed to silver) is that you can't really do anything with gold. Silver has industrial usages.

In other words, if people got the idea "ooooo isnt that gold pretty!" out of their heads, gold wouldn't have any value to it?

what do you guys think?

The thing which really puts me off heavily investing in gold (as opposed to silver) is that you can't really do anything with gold. Silver has industrial usages.

In other words, if people got the idea "ooooo isnt that gold pretty!" out of their heads, gold wouldn't have any value to it?

what do you guys think?

I'm not sure about that. I'm pretty certain Gold is used when building spaceships and satelllites.. something to do with reflecting the sun well. And I know its used in many electrical appliances.

Not too mention the fact that it has been and may well in the future be used as currency.

Not too mention the fact that it has been and may well in the future be used as currency.

This is the reason why I think it could be a good investment- but then a Government can do what they want (well, maybe in the US!). I cant see them making it illegal to own gold in Europe/UK.

Gold is also used in electronics (motherboards etc).

Have any of you guys ever looked at the "real value of gold", I have seen calculations done using the total amount of money supply and I vaguely recall a value of $20,000 being the true value of gold if dollars had to be backed by gold.

I hope you bought some as you claim NT?

Quick question if I may old boy... Something like another €600bn has been mentioned by various countries to support European bailout and deceptively gold is heading down again - Spot Gold=$1588.

Can you remind me again how this fiat currency relationship to gold is supposed to work? ;)

You are a very bitter and frustrated man NT.

I think you are just pissed at having sold your properties and invested in gold.

You should have exited gold when $2K got rejected and $18 failed. But I'm guessing greed clouded you superb analytical skills...:cheesy:

You also had the brains to take your assets abroad where currency fluctuation may have worked against you.

You know as they say **** happens - to some more than others. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hope you enjoy your just deserts. (y)

Don't wish to rub salt into your wounds but just now everything I touch is turning into gold. :cool:

I hope you'll revisit your outbursts when gold touches 1450 in the next year or two. :smart:

Atilla, being the envious and vindictive person that he is, has been trying desperately to get me to say how much I paid for my gold and where I have invested my money...he is dying to know...that is why he makes silly assumptions about the performance...'may have'...:rolleyes:

You will kept in the dark Atilla, where you belong.

Atilla, being the envious and vindictive person that he is, has been trying desperately to get me to say how much I paid for my gold and where I have invested my money...he is dying to know...that is why he makes silly assumptions about the performance...'may have'...:rolleyes:

You will kept in the dark Atilla, where you belong.

That's very harsh NT? I have no interest none what so ever other than holding you to account on your own declarations after the verbal abuse you dish out.

You do carry a lot of luggage. Festering flesh wounds all over you... You poor soul ;)

Movement's are of simply academic interest to me and nothing else.

On an earlier post I mentioned gold is only likely to go up if the dollar or geopolitical tensions rise - which you trashed and rubbished with silly outburst.

So I thought this may be an opportunity for you to explain why gold is continuing to go down despite considerable liquidity being presented to avoid the Euro crises. ECB printing presses haven't stopped really since I said when at the precipice they will print. With the new €600bn we've now exceeded a trillion.

All that European uncertainty, global slow-down melt-down and gold doesn't get above 1640.

Do you see the distinctions?

Stability of dollar standard and war drives gold not printing presses.

Take note!

On an earlier post I mentioned gold is only likely to go up if the dollar or geopolitical tensions rise - which you trashed and rubbished with silly outburst.

I trashed it because you made a 'straddle' forecast so that no matter what happens you can say you were right. Go back and read it again.

So I thought this may be an opportunity for you to explain why gold is continuing to go down despite considerable liquidity being presented to avoid the Euro crises. ECB printing presses haven't stopped really since I said when at the precipice they will print. With the new €600bn we've now exceeded a trillion.

Why don't you explain why gold was once only US$35/oz?

Actually don't...I don't think I could endure reading it...

All that European uncertainty, global slow-down melt-down and gold doesn't get above 1640.

Do you see the distinctions?

Stability of dollar standard and war drives gold not printing presses.

Take note!

I will take note. You have no reason to own gold except when a war breaks out.

I trashed it because you made a 'straddle' forecast so that no matter what happens you can say you were right. Go back and read it again.

Perhaps it's me but I always like to consider an alternative view what if?

I thought it's pretty clear on these threads that I'm bearish since 1800s failed after 2000 got rejected.

I'm still very bearish on gold to 1450 subject to the two noted factors not rearing their bullish heads.

PS Oil and gold falling together well i'll be damned who could have believed it.
PS2. I have oil testing $75

Best wishes,

Perhaps it's me but I always like to consider an alternative view what if?

I thought it's pretty clear on these threads that I'm bearish since 1800s failed after 2000 got rejected.

I'm still very bearish on gold to 1450 subject to the two noted factors not rearing their bullish heads.

PS Oil and gold falling together well i'll be damned who could have believed it.
PS2. I have oil testing $75

Best wishes,

I've been buying gold mining stocks around the world. I need more people to be bearish on gold, some of them are still too expensive.