FX Trading June 11th - 15th

Whats your 'bigger' views for cable?

• Total voters
For some reason, I naturally translated it as a possible reverse point or place to get short for any continuation.

Kinda like the bloke knocking and meaning Oi, 1.9750 get short there buddy. especially as the market was trading 1.9650/80 at the time.

Weird things dreams.... what the hells going on ? :)

Anyway, all the best with the long. Looking good at the mo.

My first interpretation was to expect some kind of news and I thought it may push cable up to 750. I was long through out best part of yesterday.

I'm long now currently up +8 but wondering if I should get out now. Don't like Jacintos blog about downside risk building either.

Ok thinking out loud and closing position now @ 1.9714 for +3. Feeling spooked.

Will watch the market for a while and enjoy my late breakfast.

shorted at 25,

edit, this is a bad trade. scrapping for +2

reason: i am expecting a range, and i am shorting basically at 50% of that range. at the moment it can go either way, and this short was based on an opinion. so, if it goes down, too bad, im not in it.

Last edited:
What made you short there jacinto ?

hi ziff,

i guess it is called being bored and wanting to ride a train that I am not sure is there. that is the reason for scrapping it. I couldnt find a reason to be in the trade, so therefore, better to be out.

j

shorted at 25,

reason: i am expecting a range, and i am shorting basically at 50% of that range. at the moment it can go either way, and this short was based on an opinion. so, if it goes down, too bad, im not in it.

Been doodling the charts again and I'm now feeling better about it looking positive again.

Tempted to go long again upon and dips or weakness in the price.

On the 1 hour charts looks like we may be bouncing off the BBand for a classic breakout to the upside. I think if we breach 740-750 then cable will be on a long trend up imo.

Attachments

• GBPUSD Cash.png
    GBPUSD Cash.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Mojo update

Well, shows another entry short for bears. I cant do anything until it flips up. But the longer term suggested buy 1.9700 so will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Attachments

• Mojoupdate.GIF
    Mojoupdate.GIF
    76.5 KB · Views: 202
jacinto,

that last chart you posted, was it showing the "BAT" thing? I cant rememebr fully, but its explained over on FF.

jacinto,

that last chart you posted, was it showing the "BAT" thing? I cant rememebr fully, but its explained over on FF.

trendie,

first of all, apologies, because i remember PM with you some time ago and i never sent you this indicator. :eek: truly sorry. it passed my memory. :eek:

why, like it;) ?

nrtr_atr stop (repeated several times with different settings :cheesy: )

cant post as a metatrader file, how should i save it to upload?

jacinto

trendie,

first of all, apologies, because i remember PM with you some time ago and i never sent you this indicator. :eek: truly sorry. it passed my memory. :eek:

why, like it;) ?

nrtr_atr stop (repeated several times with different settings :cheesy: )

cant post as a metatrader file, how should i save it to upload?

jacinto

looks mighty pretty.
wouldnt mind adding it to my collection :), although I am down to MAs and Boll-Bands.
(Bago is nice, but a bigger MA is as good as teh RSI he uses).

PS: you can zip the file and upload it - and we can unzip once we donwload.

looks mighty pretty.
wouldnt mind adding it to my collection :), although I am down to MAs and Boll-Bands.
(Bago is nice, but a bigger MA is as good as teh RSI he uses).

PS: you can zip the file and upload it - and we can unzip once we donwload.

im computer illiterate :eek:
see if you can download here

http://codebase.mql4.com/601

Edit: you know these russians,

and this is to knock yourself out :cheesy:
http://codebase.mql4.com/indicators

Last edited:
im computer illiterate :eek:
see if you can download here

http://codebase.mql4.com/601

Edit: you know these russians,

and this is to knock yourself out :cheesy:
http://codebase.mql4.com/indicators

thanks for links, jacinto.

wonder how many of them work? :LOL: :LOL:
the best indicator seems to me to be the "stop fiddling, and let it get on with it" indicator.
as soon as I find it, I will then stop second-guessing the simple rules I have.

EDIT: very reminiscent (sp) of Donchian Channels. Although the Donchian break-outs, which I believe were the basis for the Turtle rules, used 20-day and 55-day High-Low ranges, these use volatility, which is clearly interesting.
hmmmm.

Last edited:
thanks for links, jacinto.

wonder how many of them work? :LOL: :LOL:
the best indicator seems to me to be the "stop fiddling, and let it get on with it" indicator.
as soon as I find it, I will then stop second-guessing the simple rules I have.

dunno, but this one is very good to see support-resistance and likely ranges ;) which complimented with price reading can help a bit :cheesy:

j

edit: call it mojo-2 :cheesy:

Attachments

• range.gif
    range.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 158
Morning all,

Slightly worried with my longs this morning as the consensus seem to be favouring shorts, will have to stick it out and tighten stops on the contra. Target 9740

Finally target hits 9740, taken half out and letting the rest ride to 9790 and beyond, stops moved to 9685.
Majority are still favouring further down and viewing this weeks move as a fib retrace, I am sticking to my longs and revaluate once stops are hit on the trailers.
Ideally looking for shorts around 9800 if pa supports the decision.

Bago, over on the "other side", claimed yesterday as being a cow of a day for trading, as was Hulls.

today isnt looking any better for either method, although maybe the US session will bring a change of mood.

My Bagos say UP on the hourlies (although they trade the 10-mins. I cant follow them due to 3-pip spread)

EDIT: as a side note, there is also a method called Cornflower, which uses 8/12/24/72 EMAs. Interesting way they have of reading their signals, and the similarity of the 8/12 to the Bago 5/12.

Bago, over on the "other side", claimed yesterday as being a cow of a day for trading, as was Hulls.

today isnt looking any better for either method, although maybe the US session will bring a change of mood.

My Bagos say UP on the hourlies (although they trade the 10-mins. I cant follow them due to 3-pip spread)

EDIT: as a side note, there is also a method called Cornflower, which uses 8/12/24/72 EMAs. Interesting way they have of reading their signals, and the similarity of the 8/12 to the Bago 5/12.

you definitely have too much time on your hands :LOL:

the cornflower method :eek:

I wonder if this market is going to move at all today cause i am getting bored and dont want to clean up. that CB guy didnt come and now i have to do it all by myself :LOL:

you definitely have too much time on your hands :LOL:

the cornflower method :eek:

I wonder if this market is going to move at all today cause i am getting bored and dont want to clean up. that CB guy didnt come and now i have to do it all by myself :LOL:

hey! its keeping me from atribtrarily taking a position just for the hell of it. :)

maybe CB didnt turn up cos you insisted on him wearing that French maids outfit. :LOL:

Finally target hits 9740, taken half out and letting the rest ride to 9790 and beyond, stops moved to 9685.
Majority are still favouring further down and viewing this weeks move as a fib retrace, I am sticking to my longs and revaluate once stops are hit on the trailers.
Ideally looking for shorts around 9800 if pa supports the decision.

Good work smbtnt. Well done for holding out. I'm not sure about the short side. I still see this as having some way to go. I'm thinking if 740-50 is breached getting to 9800 will be pretty swift...

DAX is piping up pretty well and as the DOW has held 13400 I think indeces look like rising today so should bode well. :rolleyes:

shorted at 25,

my short went well +35 at the point of getting my exit signal.:D

however the fact i moved my stop too close again as i had to go out for the morning and got stopped out to the pip was about as frustrating as you can get:eek:

i hate eurgbp .

eurusd putting severe pressure on support, usdchf on resistance........and cable wanting to go up......errr,

this seems like a fake and when eurgbp bounces, its bye bye cable (and i will get my vendor tag back up). im done for the day, will check charts later, but thats it.

good trading all

j